The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1
I have applied there for 2006 entry.
Does it really matter though, i suppose being in a city like Edinburgh it obviously will have students from all countries.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
**noooni**
I have applied there for 2006 entry.
Does it really matter though, i suppose being in a city like Edinburgh it obviously will have students from all countries.

Thats a relief. I honestly don't know. I visited once and I didn't feel it was as international as people say, but I am probably wrong.

What did you apply for **noooni**??
Reply 3
Hey
I applied for Politics. How about you?
Are you a UK applicant or international?
:smile:
Reply 4
am applying there and a middle eastern , never been in there before though ..
its not my first choise but who knows i may end up there !!

is it nice there ? heard good things about it
Reply 5
I havnt visited and i havnt heard from the uni yet, even if i do i dont think i will accept an offer because the prospect of going to uni in Scotland is getting more frightning as time goes by...
It is a very good university reputation wise and is well respected.
Where is everyone from? And what courses have you applied to?
Reply 6
yes i know about the reputation thing , its a well respected university worlwide ...
but would it be nice for us middle easterns to study there ? am talking about the soical life and everything , i mean at the end we are spendding sometime there so we want it to be enjoyable ..

anyway where else did you guys applied for ?

Am From Jordan , i didnt apply yet but am applying soon ,
My Course is LLM in Commerical/Business Law (Postgraduate)
Reply 7
AnoosLaw
yes i know about the reputation thing , its a well respected university worlwide ...
but would it be nice for us middle easterns to study there ? am talking about the soical life and everything , i mean at the end we are spendding sometime there so we want it to be enjoyable ..

anyway where else did you guys applied for ?

Am From Jordan , i didnt apply yet but am applying soon ,
My Course is LLM in Commerical/Business Law (Postgraduate)

:eek:
Where in Jordan are you from? I have been to jordan a billion times and have family living there.
I am not sure about the social life of the uni, i suppose it depends on what your used to and where you live.
So are you an international student?
Reply 8
**noooni**
:eek:
Where in Jordan are you from? I have been to jordan a billion times and have family living there.
I am not sure about the social life of the uni, i suppose it depends on what your used to and where you live.
So are you an international student?

Amman and you?, where you from and where do you live ? ,, and yes ofcourse am an internation student unless they consider jordan as one of the UK countires now days .. :biggrin:

anyway where did you apply for ? whats your course ? are you an undergraduate? ..

Am applying to 11 universities so i have a long list , But Kings College , Edinburgh , Bristol , Durham and Queen Mary are among my list ,, whats yours?
Reply 9
Did you apply to any jordanian universities?
I am from iraq but i go to amman almost every summer.
I applied to Bristol, Nottingham, SOAS, Birmingham , Edinburgh and Cambridge.
I have offers from Cambridge, Birmingham and Nottingham, and a Bristol rejection.
Its all for politics courses.
I am a UK applicant so i could only apply to 6 choices
Where in amman are you from?
Reply 10
**noooni**
Did you apply to any jordanian universities?
I am from iraq but i go to amman almost every summer.
I applied to Bristol, Nottingham, SOAS, Birmingham , Edinburgh and Cambridge.
I have offers from Cambridge, Birmingham and Nottingham, and a Bristol rejection.
Its all for politics courses.
I am a UK applicant so i could only apply to 6 choices
Where in amman are you from?

i will finish my B.A in Law , from the university of jordan in june inshallah , and planing to go to UK to continue my postgraduate study , so no not applying to any jordanians ..

anyway so you like amman ?

And cambridge , Birmingham and Nottingham you should be proud of yourself ,
Heading to Cambridge probably? i thought i will catch you in edinburgh or bristol :p: but you got bristol rejection which is wierd since you have an offer from cambridge , and you probably wont be heading to edinburgh since you have cambridge unless you prefer scottish unversities .

anyway good luck !!
AnoosLaw
i will finish my B.A in Law , from the university of jordan in june inshallah , and planing to go to UK to continue my postgraduate study , so no not applying to any jordanians ..

anyway so you like amman ?

And cambridge , Birmingham and Nottingham you should be proud of yourself ,
Heading to Cambridge probably? i thought i will catch you in edinburgh or bristol :p: but you got bristol rejection which is wierd since you have an offer from cambridge , and you probably wont be heading to edinburgh since you have cambridge unless you prefer scottish unversities .

anyway good luck !!

:biggrin: yea i am really happy about the Cambridge offer but i still have to get all the A grades to go there, so nothing is for sure yet. I havnt visited Edinburgh yet, and i havnt heard anything from them, i was considering putting Edinburgh as my insurance , but as i said i havnt heard anything from them yet,

Have you visited the universities you have applied to in the UK?

Amman is nice, its so different now than it was before when we lived there, i go there to visit family but its still fun.
Reply 12
"Middle eastern student who might be off to Edinburgh" over here!

Latest

Trending

Trending