The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Silver Arrow
Not the best video but have a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYrbxDm803c

Oh I see, the umbrella is kind of - available. I liked the stars in the ceiling.
Reply 41
Original post by M1F2R3
She she get out of the ****ing way..

It's not like a 300mph ejection, we're not talking about im so academics cumshot here, it partially comes out and then you pull it..

What or who is an "im so academic"??
Reply 42
Original post by unifriendly
What or who is an "im so academic"??

Nobody knows, I've heard it's the Stig though.
I have a small car (VW Golf) but sometimes get driven around on short and long journeys by a relative in a new Range Rover Sport, which feels so great - superbly comfortable, spoiled experience, high up, lots of nice features and lots of suitably jealous looks from others.

Makes me wonder though, is this the nicest car to be chauffeured in generally? Not having been in one of the other very expensive cars, I kind of thought I might be missing out on something important. :smile:

Becky

Bentley Mulsanne.

One of these; has reclining seats and all...

Reply 44
Original post by M1F2R3
Nobody knows, I've heard it's the Stig though.

Oh, OK, looked him up - he wants to go to Oxford.

Starting to feel like my life's ambition should be to have a Maybach. This may need something like hard work though, which puts me off.
Reply 45
Original post by ArcaneAnna
Bentley Mulsanne.

One of these; has reclining seats and all...

Gasp. Sooo beautiful.
Reply 46
Mulsanne explained. This is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNs1PdBavtI
Reply 47
Oh, OK, looked him up - he wants to go to Oxford.

Starting to feel like my life's ambition should be to have a Maybach. This may need something like hard work though, which puts me off.

I've noticed you're from Bristol. I study in Bristol, I was on Park St a few months ago where I saw a navy blue RR Phantom (umbrella car), was quite nice!

A Maybach would be sweet!
Gasp. Sooo beautiful.

Yep. Even better when you have a driver to open the doors for you.
Rich people, sometimes I do envy their lifestyles...
Reply 49
Well the normal range rover tumps this car to start off. Then there are hundreds of cars better or more exclusive than the RR sport. Still a nice vehicle though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by ArcaneAnna
Yep. Even better when you have a driver to open the doors for you.
Rich people, sometimes I do envy their lifestyles...

Roll Royce are built to be driven in, Bentley's however are built to drive. :wink:
Original post by U.S Lecce
Roll Royce are built to be driven in, Bentley's however are built to drive. :wink:

True. But having been driven in both, I personally prefer the Bentley hence 'the nicest car to be driven in'.
Vogue is a nicer place to be than the sport in a comfort way. But the Sport is better driving car IMO.

It's the Phantom with the stars etc in the roof right? I'd choose that for the stary roof alone!
DB9
Comfort wise, definitely a Maybach 62. Rolls Royces are usually nice, but the older ones aren't that great. I don't currently live in the UK, and the culture here is different and as I'm 17, I have a chauffeur drive me around everywhere, currently in a BMW 7 Series, which is brilliant. RR and Maybachs are ridiculously expensive, and most people can't afford one, so the next best thing IMO is either an S Class or a 7 Series.
Reply 55
Original post by OmarDurrani
Comfort wise, definitely a Maybach 62. Rolls Royces are usually nice, but the older ones aren't that great. I don't currently live in the UK, and the culture here is different and as I'm 17, I have a chauffeur drive me around everywhere, currently in a BMW 7 Series, which is brilliant. RR and Maybachs are ridiculously expensive, and most people can't afford one, so the next best thing IMO is either an S Class or a 7 Series.

Are you in Dubai? Or the son of a Quwaiti prince or something? Not sure TSR will be all that useful for you generally? :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by Currrrtisssss
Vogue is a nicer place to be than the sport in a comfort way. But the Sport is better driving car IMO.

It's the Phantom with the stars etc in the roof right? I'd choose that for the stary roof alone!

I suppose you could have a proper planetarium installed and watch the moon roll past as you poured your champagne....
Reply 57
The Phantom looks better, but the Maybach must be the best to be drive in cos it has those huge airplane seats!!
Reply 58
Original post by pixitroll
The Phantom looks better, but the Maybach must be the best to be drive in cos it has those huge airplane seats!!

Yeah, that looks so lovely and luxurious - must feel like total royalty being wafted around in that. That Laudelet model is totally stunning, I wonder how many they've sold. Might be a little out of place arriving outside the student's union in it, but I suppose the chauffeur could carry your ipad for you to class.
Reply 59
Original post by Currrrtisssss

What's different about the Vogue? The Sport seems very, very comfortable to me but I don't know all the variations, it may be that the one I go in is a more luxurious version or something.

Latest