The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

More space inside the Vogue from what I remember. The sport is built to make you feel alittle cacooned inside and obviously just aimed towards being as sporty as a car of the size can realistically be. The Vogue feels like it's built for comfort, lost of space, nice and light inside, abit more comfortable etc. Really hard to explain sorry!

Ofcourse alot to do with these is what spec you get, leather/heated seats/steering wheel etc and all that make a massive difference IMO. Go down to your local dealership and have a look for yourself!
Reply 61
I think I would have to go for the Mercedes 600 Grosser, couldnt find picture of the inside of an extended one so here is the standard one. Still pretty nice I'm sure you will agree.

Reply 62
Original post by zigzog7
I think I would have to go for the Mercedes 600 Grosser, couldnt find picture of the inside of an extended one so here is the standard one. Still pretty nice I'm sure you will agree.

LOL. Looks like something the Queen would drive in. I am 20, so perhaps want something to be chauffeured in with a slightly "younger" feel. I will also need the chauffeur thinking about it. I wonder what makes the best chauffeur?
Reply 63
Original post by unifriendly
LOL. Looks like something the Queen would drive in. I am 20, so perhaps want something to be chauffeured in with a slightly "younger" feel. I will also need the chauffeur thinking about it. I wonder what makes the best chauffeur?

Not the Queen, the grosser is used by dictators. Here is the wikipedia:

Apart from the Pope and governments, famous owners of the 600 include celebrities such as Coco Chanel, Hugh Hefner, Elizabeth Taylor, John Lennon, George Harrison, Jay Kay, Aristotle Onassis, Jack Nicholson,Simon Spies, Ronnie Wood, Bob Jane, Frank Packer, Elvis Presley, Rowan Atkinson, and Jeremy Clarkson,[2] Communist leaders include Nicolae Ceauşescu, Josip Broz-Tito, Fidel Castro, Pol Pot, Enver Hoxha, Leonid Brezhnev,[3] Kim Il-sung, Kim Jong-Il also owns a landaulet (both seen in the 65th anniversary parade in Pyongyang on October 10, 2010) and religious leader Guru Maharaj Ji. African revolutionaries Idi Amin Dada, Jomo Kenyatta and the former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos had four 600s including a Landaulet, a 1981 bulletproof and a six-door version.[citation needed]

Iran royal court and Iran's Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi owned multiple 600 models that were used for official and personal use of the late Shah and his court. Some of them were sold after the 1979 islamic revolution and 3 of them are in the National Car Museum of Iran in Karaj.[citation needed]

Other notable owners include Saddam Hussein, Sukarno, Frederik Willem de Klerk, Éamon de Valera, and Archbishop Makarios III of Cyprus.
Reply 64
Original post by zigzog7
Not the Queen, the grosser is used by dictators. Here is the wikipedia:

Saddam Hussein and Coco Chanel have something in common. Not what you would expect.
Reply 65
Saddam Hussein and Coco Chanel have something in common. Not what you would expect.

Just thought of another car which would be pretty good to be chauffeur driven; the Knight XV.
http://conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html

and finally:
Reply 66
Original post by zigzog7
Just thought of another car which would be pretty good to be chauffeur driven; the Knight XV.

No worries about road rage from other drivers in that one.

You should get a female chauffeur, Becky. Calm, focused, able to drive you around without you feeling like you will get into a crisis and understanding of your shopping needs, willing to wait hours for you outside bag shops, etc, without looking at her watch. Understanding of your complicated social life and knowing when you need help and when you don't. With that and the Maybach, you would be a truly privileged student. :smile:
how come nobody has mentioned the Citroen XM :holmes:
Reply 69
Original post by emmanottinghil
You should get a female chauffeur, Becky. Calm, focused, able to drive you around without you feeling like you will get into a crisis and understanding of your shopping needs, willing to wait hours for you outside bag shops, etc, without looking at her watch. Understanding of your complicated social life and knowing when you need help and when you don't. With that and the Maybach, you would be a truly privileged student. :smile:

LOL. Yes, that would be perfect! Please arrange that for me at once. I require the Maybach to go to the shops tomorrow lunchtime, complete with attentive female chauffeur.
Reply 70
I was driven in a BMW 750LI and that was amazing.
Reply 71
Original post by kevin440
I was driven in a BMW 750LI and that was amazing.

That sounds nice. Is that the very long one? Did you sit in the back or the front?
Original post by emmanottinghil
Maybe you would be an insomniac billionaire? Still, you've had rides in them, which is cool. Describe!

Looking at the Maybach pictures made me search - found this HD vid of one in Germany, I want to be the woman in this plus chauffeur minus boring b/f....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njhijVpV8lY

My boss had one of those, he actually didn't like it all that much as it gave loads of electronic problems. Also quite a fragile car for what it is, though whenever something went wrong with it, they would send a team of engineers to either the office or his house in an attempt to fix it. Over the 2 years he had it, he only rode in it less than 100 times due to the fact that he travels all over the world and during the time when he needed to use it, it wouldn't work :tongue:

Finally with all the cost cutting he decided to get something "cheaper" ...... he now has a BMW 760iL... there goes my bonus :frown:

I have a small car (VW Golf) but sometimes get driven around on short and long journeys by a relative in a new Range Rover Sport, which feels so great - superbly comfortable, spoiled experience, high up, lots of nice features and lots of suitably jealous looks from others.

Makes me wonder though, is this the nicest car to be chauffeured in generally? Not having been in one of the other very expensive cars, I kind of thought I might be missing out on something important. :smile:

Becky

There are many cars far more comfy than a RR Sport, the normal Range Rovers would be a good start, but personally I prefer the ride quality of a German SUV, like the Audi Q7 or BMW X5 which is a lot more comfortable though it comes at a price that it isn't all that good off-road...... myself I have a Porsche Cayenne, though I seldom drive it, comfort wise it is better than the RR Sport while at the same time being a lot faster and more "economical" to run :biggrin:

Cars that are really comfortable, Rolls Royce Phantoms are the epitome in regard to the most comfortable cars in the world, rode in one a few days ago... it was built to order for a certain hotel, seats in it were made from leather that is even softer than a Hermes bag :tongue: The floor mats and carpet were made from lambs wool. It's really quiet in it as well, you can't hear the car starting up or revving up. Even when it goes at 110km/h you don't hear any wind or road noise. I could still hear my own watch ticking in it.
Reply 73
Original post by JC.
We're looking for a Series 2 Jaguar / Daimler XJ6 / 12 at the moment.
They are comfy. :biggrin:

BP must love you!! :biggrin:
Reply 74
Original post by gbduo
BP must love you!! :biggrin:

I doubt it.
I only give Shell my business. :smile:

Been to look at 8 S2 Jaguar / Daimlers now. If the body is good then the engine has been knacked and vice versa.

We're looking at a S2 Coupe early next week, though? :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by JC.
I doubt it.
I only give Shell my business. :smile:

Been to look at 8 S2 Jaguar / Daimlers now. If the body is good then the engine has been knacked and vice versa.

We're looking at a S2 Coupe early next week, though? :biggrin:

Ah fair enough. Still, Shell would love you then if you got a XJ12!

That is the problem with Jags, they do like the old metal rash.
Reply 76
Original post by gbduo
Ah fair enough. Still, Shell would love you then if you got a XJ12!

That is the problem with Jags, they do like the old metal rash.

The sort of money I'm looking to spend should get me a minter. Most that I have reject I've done so due to the death tic from the exhaust side due to previous overheating issues!
Reply 77
That sounds nice. Is that the very long one? Did you sit in the back or the front?

Yeah its a long wheelbase. I was in the back.
Reply 78
Original post by zigzog7
http://conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html

and finally:

What the hell :lolwut:

It's like a car built specifically for dictators!
Reply 79
Original post by U.S Lecce
What the hell :lolwut:

It's like a car built specifically for dictators!

Or anyone else who is worried about being shot.

Latest

Trending

Trending