The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Budget hasn't hit me that hard in all honesty, though people with young kids (including a few cousins of mine) and mortgages to pay really going to feel it hardest.

Nice to see Mon Mome win the National indeed (especially given that last year in the National they thought he had done his pelvis in!). Heard about the teeth gaffe; apparently Balding text him an appology. Silly bitch anyway.

I've had my biggest bet in a while on a horse in the Irish National. Might post it nearer the time.
Reply 2521
Irish Economy is going to shrink 10% this year. OMG
But sport will be epic!! Ha ha ha ha
PO'C FTW :smile::smile::smile::smile:

And I'm delighted about Keith Earls too.
roxy potter
PO'C FTW :smile::smile::smile::smile:

And I'm delighted about Keith Earls too.

Don't forget Quinlan!! :woo:

Anyone got tickets to Croke next week? Gutted I can't get there...
Me too. I'm going to the 2000 guineas, which I'm really excited about but I'm annoyed at the clash, especially since I only like two sports....and there's no way I'll be able to get to the final because it's two days before my exams start.
i realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly dont want to go back to england tommorow .......................................aggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh,.
roxy potter
Me too. I'm going to the 2000 guineas, which I'm really excited about but I'm annoyed at the clash, especially since I only like two sports....and there's no way I'll be able to get to the final because it's two days before my exams start.

Rip Van Winkle.

I couldn't give two ****** about the rugby tbh.
Shame on you, and you from Munster and everything :frown:

Still, Guineas is going to be awesome, being near Newmarket is the best thing about living in Cambridge.
Is the unemployment in Ireland half as bad as what I've heard it to be? I've noticed a lot more people from NI and from 'round my parts over here recently looking for work, so I assumed it's true. :sad:

Ireland needs to build some infrastructure and increase its population if it's to withstand a recession like this!
Unemployment has hit ten percent-ish.

And is that seriously your belief on how to get through the recession.
How precisely would increasing our population help us get through the recession?

We don't have a massive need for improved infrastructure right now and even if we did infrastructure costs money that the government doesn't have available to spend right now.
roxy potter
Shame on you, and you from Munster and everything :frown:

Still, Guineas is going to be awesome, being near Newmarket is the best thing about living in Cambridge.

Last I checked I was Leinster through and through (though have been in Munster for a good while).

BTW heard Rip Van Winkle picked up a stone bruise a couple of days ago. Will let you know nearer the time.
Teofilo
Last I checked I was Leinster through and through (though have been in Munster for a good while).

BTW heard Rip Van Winkle picked up a stone bruise a couple of days ago. Will let you know nearer the time.

I thought you were a tipp man, never mind, I've got it arseways :P

Anyways, I heard about the stone bruise yesterday, they hope he'll be fit. I hope he'll be fit too. And apparently Oox isn't running his two if the ground is firm, that worries me a bit..I'm kinda wondering what use is a flat horse who won't run on firm summer ground.
Work for Edward O'Grady (in tipp) which might have something to do with it.

Lot of good word for Arazan lately but he definitely wants cut in the ground (unlikely to get it). Looks an open renewal. I've only backed Ashram E/W at 33/1.

Look out for Beethoven on the sunday in a 2yo maiden.
Not going Sunday but I'll probably watch on TV. It's been predicted rain here this week, but atm it's not looking like it's going to happen. I don't want rain, I want to see a fast race.
Would be nice if you could keep us up to date with regards to the ground actually.. lot of conflicting signals!

I'm off to punchestown the next couple of days but will let you know if i hear anything else.
Go on Ireland, i was born here, i lived here, but sadly i have to go to england for uni but having irish roots means i can join this society, Irish forever as long as drink comes from the Mourne mountains il still drink it
Not working this Saturday, so I going to get to watch the rugby Whoop Whoop!!!

Hmmm wonder will they be training in UL tomorrow.....................If there's a god they will!!
JoJo, you and I are going to have a falling out over my jealously.....

I'm going to try and watch the match in a pub in Newmarket after the guineas.

Come on MUNSTER!!
Teofilo
Would be nice if you could keep us up to date with regards to the ground actually.. lot of conflicting signals!

Two days to go and the ground is firmer than firm, it's more like concrete in Cambridge, Newmarket is only a few miles away so I'm assuming it's not that different there. I think they're having a dilema about whether or not to water.

Quick Reply

Latest