Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Irish Soc

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm not Irish in the slightest, but I wana join, purely because of my Irish obsession...The NI accent has to be the best in the world
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You can understand it? Wanna come be my classroom assistant during my Wednesday lectures? Guy talks far too quickly for me.....

--------------

(Original post by The Canadian)
    As I said, it was a load of Englishmen that told me that! I didn't know anything else about Irish sayings or anything so I believed them.

Although after Googling it, I've found that the answer to "Top of the morning to you..." is supposedly "...and the rest of the day to yourself."

You have the best of the morning....

And you have the rest of the day

Makes perfect sense to me even though NO-ONE ever actually uses it lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    You have the best of the morning....

And you have the rest of the day
    That makes far more sense. And I realise it's the same as up there, but it just sounds easier.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    I know I'm not Irish in the slightest, but I wana join, purely because of my Irish obsession...The NI accent has to be the best in the world
    :five: hows about that first perosn who likes a mucker accent :p: xoxo

--------------

(Original post by hugatree)
    Lol yeah some silly technique the book said. No wonder I didn't get it, and it's only 3 pages! :rolleyes:

How were you taught? At school??
    I was taught by my granda.....family thing also was taught tinwhistle by him..... xoxo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    omg, theres so much stereotypicalnessness :confused: :p:

i mustn't be irish, i dont play the tin whistle, say "top of the mornin" or anything like that :confused: its prob because im a protestant :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomásíona - Mháire)
    I was taught by my granda.....family thing also was taught tinwhistle by him..... xoxo
    Wicked. My mum knows how to play tin whistles and now I'm gonna learn the bodhran. We're gonna be an Irish band, woopie!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)

i mustn't be irish, i dont play the tin whistle, say "top of the mornin" or anything like that :confused: its prob because im a protestant :rolleyes:
    lol we could always start a norn iron debate
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugatree)
    Wicked. My mum knows how to play tin whistles and now I'm gonna learn the bodhran. We're gonna be an Irish band, woopie!
    The Corrs No. 2 :rolleyes: xoxo

--------------

(Original post by mikeski)

haha you dont have to be a catholic to play the tinwhistle you eejit........ya mightn't know gaelige/irish but doesnt mean ya cant play a jig or 5 :p: xoxo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Corrs No. 2 :rolleyes: xoxo

--------------

haha you dont have to be a catholic to play the tinwhistle you eejit........ya mightn't know gaelige/irish but doesnt mean ya cant play a jig or 5 :p: xoxo
    Hey there Tammy is it? are you feeling better?
    Congrats on getting your soon to be 4444 post :eek:
    School tomorrow nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo when do the irish go back, if at all? :p:
    what was new yr like in the green country?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qpwoei)
    Hey there Tammy is it? are you feeling better?
    Congrats on getting your soon to be 4444 post :eek:
    School tomorrow nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo when do the irish go back, if at all? :p:
    what was new yr like in the green country?
    yeah its tammy yeah I feel a good bit better thanks for asking :hugs: lol depends on the school but i go back on monday :rolleyes: hehe the new year was seen as clear as looking at the irish country on a map with an emerald hehe!!! xoxo
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

the southern irish accent is the sex, mine is the roughest thing in the world though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah its tammy yeah I feel a good bit better thanks for asking :hugs: lol depends on the school but i go back on monday :rolleyes: hehe the new year was seen as clear as looking at the irish country on a map with an emerald hehe!!! xoxo
    Good to hear it! I made up my absense my consuming a multitude of Guinness's
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devilbunny)
    :rolleyes:

the southern irish accent is the sex, mine is the roughest thing in the world though
    you would have an orgasm just going down south for a weekend....with just the voice :rolleyes: haha xoxo

--------------

Good to hear it! I made up my absense my consuming a multitude of Guinness's
    haha my ex boyfriend used to drink guinness......he drank it during his break at work, it filled him up more than a sandwich ever did apparently lol! xoxo
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    you would have an orgasm just going down south for a weekend....with just the voice :rolleyes: haha xoxo
    I could sit and just stare and southerners talk for hours
    I think all call centres should be down south, you can't get angry at someone with that accent
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think all call centres should be down south, you can't get angry at someone with that accent
    That i agree with :p: but i wouldnt want to see you calling one of them down south.....you wouldnt know what you could get up to on the other end of that phone :eek: :p: xoxo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think *tink* all call centres should be down south, you can't get angry at someone with that accent
    so should the football commentators, although sean kelly (tdf) gets on my titties.

That i agree with :p: but i wouldnt want to see you calling on of them down south.....you wouldnt know what you could get up to on the other end of that phone :eek: :p: xoxo
    urgh that would be grosse!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of "Carmel Mooney"?
    her site
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    so should the football commentators, although sean kelly (tdf) gets on my titties.

urgh that would be grosse!
    now dont pick out my bad grammar...... yes I am s**t at the english language but ah well :rolleyes: xoxo

--------------

Does anyone know of "Carmel Mooney"?
    her site
    havent heard of her sorry xoxo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    now dont pick out my bad grammar...... yes I am s**t at the english language but ah well :rolleyes: xoxo

--------------

havent heard of her sorry xoxo

:eek: i wasn't!! i promise!!! i was hinting at a joke... but never mind!! :p:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :eek: i wasn't!! i promise!!! i was hinting at a joke... but never mind!! :p:
    I don't get jokes.....I'm blonde xoxo

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2014
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.