The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Tomásíona - Mháire
the craic is ninety!!!! xoxo

and MIGHTY! :biggrin:

Sexiest Irish accent???

Northern for me! :love:

Any1 think the Cork one is?? I dont!! or the Kerry 1???

:party:
jojo-irish-jojo
Yes Ronan is bad....very bad...

but U2, Corrs, Dubliners n Pogues make up for him.....
Aaaah the Corrs... :love:
jojo-irish-jojo
and MIGHTY! :biggrin:

Sexiest Irish accent???

Northern for me! :love:

Any1 think the Cork one is?? I dont!! or the Kerry 1???

:party:

oh aye most definately.........the dub's accent does it for me **melts** ahhhhh baile atha cliath anyday :biggrin: hehe!!!!! kerry and corks is very strong for my liking.....well i was in tralee for the festival and they are lovely people dont get me wrong but their accents too strong and broad....xoxo
Northern all the way!! :love:
The Kerry n some cork are very strong......

But Donegal (nothin against the people sure their lovely) but i cant stand theirs it makes them sound like their NICE NICE person.... if u get my drift....
Does Omagh have a specific accent? Or is it general for NI?
Quick Question do ye believe in Lepricuins (spelling??).................
Leprechauns - nope :smile:

*picks up hurley to batter people slating Cork accent*

As for Omagh....it all sounds the same to me but I know friends from Belfast can tell a person from Derry or Strabane so I guess there must be some variation :cool:
hugatree
Aaaah the Corrs... :love:

Indeedy :love:
Tarts_n_Vicars
Leprechauns - nope :smile:

*picks up hurley to batter people slating Cork accent*

As for Omagh....it all sounds the same to me but I know friends from Belfast can tell a person from Derry or Strabane so I guess there must be some variation :cool:

Yeah I can tell the difference between a strabane, derry, antrim or cookstown accent because they are extremely familiar to me.....its very easy tbh especially when you've lived with so many different accents all my life my mammys an antrim woman and my daddys a tyrone man so a broad mix of accents there! xoxo
You do get used to accents fairly quickly too if you are exposed to them enough. I can tell the difference between a Toronto, Alberta, British Columbia, Colorado and California accents, because I've been around them so much.

The Toronto and Alberta ones are the ones I can put on, my uncle's gf lived in BC for a decade or so, and most of my US mates come from either Colorado or Cali.

I guess in a way it's like differentiating between foods by smell. An aquired skill but soon becomes second nature.
The Canadian
You do get used to accents fairly quickly too if you are exposed to them enough. I can tell the difference between a Toronto, Alberta, British Columbia, Colorado and California accents, because I've been around them so much.

The Toronto and Alberta ones are the ones I can put on, my uncle's gf lived in BC for a decade or so, and most of my US mates come from either Colorado or Cali.

I guess in a way it's like differentiating between foods by smell. An aquired skill but soon becomes second nature.

lol yeah since my mammys from antrim and my da's from tyrone I have a mixed accent and sound like no one around where I live (which is a relief!!!) and if I go out people ask if I'm from Belfast or did I grow up there lol its quite fun - but I am one of the best to put on a real strong belfast accent - its a laugh especially when you are out for a night out xoxo
Who is every1's fave IRISH Person??

Mine - Liam Nesson
jojo-irish-jojo
Who is every1's fave IRISH Person??

Oooh, hard choice, do I go for Bono or Caroline Corr?

Gotta be Caroline Corr, sexy female Irish drummer / pianist with attitude and style. YAY :biggrin:
Andrea Corr. :biggrin:

Or maybe Bono... Is Graham Norton Irish? :biggrin:
hugatree
Andrea Corr. :biggrin:

Or maybe Bono... Is Graham Norton Irish? :biggrin:

yeah he is :smile: favourite irish person would have to be.......me?!?! lol nah lets me think.......would have to be Cillian Murphy or Allan Leech.........:love: xoxo
:hello: I'm only after discovering this society :biggrin: Can I join? Looks fun. I am of course from the black north and describe myself as geographically Irish (otherwise European to avoid the politics). Are most of the members actually Irish or just admirers of our lovely land? x vc
I hate Bono - like the music - but he tries too hard to SAVE the World, He sud build a bridge n get over himself and stop being Bob Geldof the 2nd! BOB is cool tho cuz he actually CARES and its not about the publicity for him................

Wat does every1 think of Roy Keane?? :biggrin:
viciouscircle
:hello: I'm only after discovering this society :biggrin: Can I join? Looks fun. I am of course from the black north and describe myself as geographically Irish (otherwise European to avoid the politics). Are most of the members actually Irish or just admirers of our lovely land? x vc

most of us are irish aye....we can talk the way we do at home and no one will be asking eh? what you on about? :p: lol!!!!!!! so whats the craic girls and guys? xoxo

--------------

jojo-irish-jojo
I hate Bono - like the music - but he tries too hard to SAVE the World, He sud build a bridge n get over himself and stop being Bob Geldof the 2nd! BOB is cool tho cuz he actually CARES and its not about the publicity for him................

Wat does every1 think of Roy Keane?? :biggrin:

nah keano aint my style unfortuantely :frown: but give me robbie any day! xoxo
viciouscircle

I'm not Irish, but have a wee obsession with you all!

As for the accents, I can tell a Northern from a Republic after seeing an Irish guy for like a month. Its really strange how quickly you pick up the accents!

I was on the bus the other day, and about 5 Irish boys got on the bus (They were from NI) and I was like like :love: at them all, purely becuase of the sexual accents..one of the was well hot as well!

I want to have an Irish boyfriend lol!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending