The Student Room Group

DANG!! Girls WITHOUT makeup!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hatersgunah8
Ok so basically I realised girls can be pretty unattractive when they're not wearing full makeup, and that the girls who seem to be applying excessive amounts often turn out to be the ugliest without as well (maybe it just seems that way because the transformation is so big).

It's kind of funny when I think about it, the girls who seem to make no effort and aren't considered especially attractive would probably be the hottest if they did put the effort in.

Anyway I'm just wondering girls, how often do u let urself be seen without any makeup whatsoever? Realising a girl doesn't look great with makeup would come as a real shock to me, so I'm guessing you either have never showed your boyfriend(s) your 'true' face or when you did it came as a bit of a shock to him (even though they probably didn't make a big deal out of it). It'd also be nice to know if you actually get self conscious about letting them see you in ur natural state for the first time.

thanks all

I wear a bit of mascara and powder when I'm at work because otherwise I look ill/psycho like, and might frighten the customers. Other than that, I don't really wear make up. Mostly due to the fact that I'm a lazy bugger and get up at 8:35am, and leave the house at 8:45am haha! :L

I used to have really bad acne though, be fat, and have no self confidence, so I used to wear a boat load of makeup, which is normally why people wear it, a lack of self esteem. Not to say they aren't pretty though! Everyone is beautiful in their own way.

Went to the pub for a family meal tonight though with nice clothes on and no make-up and attracted a lot of attention, so I musn't look hideous without make-up on...
You know, women's lives aren't centred around men. A lot of women like to apply make up for themselves, regardless of what men think.
Ok so basically I realised girls can be pretty unattractive when they're not wearing full makeup, and that the girls who seem to be applying excessive amounts often turn out to be the ugliest without as well (maybe it just seems that way because the transformation is so big).

It's kind of funny when I think about it, the girls who seem to make no effort and aren't considered especially attractive would probably be the hottest if they did put the effort in.

Anyway I'm just wondering girls, how often do u let urself be seen without any makeup whatsoever? Realising a girl doesn't look great with makeup would come as a real shock to me, so I'm guessing you either have never showed your boyfriend(s) your 'true' face or when you did it came as a bit of a shock to him (even though they probably didn't make a big deal out of it). It'd also be nice to know if you actually get self conscious about letting them see you in ur natural state for the first time.

thanks all

I think it works many ways.

There are some girls who put on loads because they have low self esteem but are actually very (possibly more) attractive without it.
I wear 2 types of Make Up 1 is over the top three shades over the top with eye lashes and red lips like I'm a celebrity. It's very photogenic and great for nights out and I'm happy with being tagged in pics. The second shade is more natural and i use it for everyday work or important serious events, places. I wear no make up when I go to buy kebab. My bf has seen me in all 3 but personally couldn't careless what he or anyone thinks. It helps that he tells me I look beautiful each time he sees me! He never complains on whether I'm made up or free but I do feel guilty for soiling the sheets that's sometimes enough to make me want to give it up!

I wear my make for me it's important that my make up is functional. I apply it with professional brushes and am always getting complimented and stopped tho mostly about the eyelashes.

I use to worry that my 1st type of make up was bad but seeing backstage make up of high fashion shows at fashion week applied by make up gurus on top models. That they too wear use foundation that it 2 or 3 shades darker/ lighter than them!

But to suffice I wear big make up on nights out or if i feel like shh and just wanna perk up! I wear plain and boring to work as I have to be quite conservative! :frown: My skin is full of pimples and acne scars so sometimes I'd rather hide them. I wouldnt say I'm ugly without it just freshfaced and if its hot shiny lol! But when my skins clear I do go make up free if I can save enough money I'd do those skin things and not wear anymore! As I'd have more confidence again I dont care what people think but to me the scars look like dirt to me so i'd rather damage control them.

Having met a few MUAs I notice majority don't wear make up and am trying to wean myself off but it's hard but as a lot contain harmful disease causing harsh chemicals especially under the UVB rays you reminded me I need to review and re-educate my use of Make up! Thanks for starting the thread!

Actually I dont know .. I dont think it was a big deal at all! :biggrin: i think the first time was when i stayed over his house about 2-3 weeks after we started going out and he saw me without make up in the morning.. i dont think he was shocked at all.. although tbh i dont wear it excessively so the difference is not as big and wouldnt shock anyone ... (i think ;d)
I'm not sure my bf has seen me ever wearing make up. I'm not too bothered in all honesty. I'm allergic to make up, and so I'e grown up without it. I know there is now hypo-allergenic stuff, but it's just got to the stage now where I don't know how to put make up on and I don't care enough to learn. I'm not bothered if people find me unattractive, as I am what I am :smile:
If I'm honest, most of my boyfriends have seen me both with and without make up, and they never noticed whether I was wearing it or not... they didn't really care either. I'm a "personality" person see :tongue:

thanks all

Don't really get why you've been negged, it's a fair comment. I understand people will say "let them wear make-up if they want, it gives them self confidence" which is fine, and I'm all for that, but for me personally I find it pretty off putting when girls wear make up... The prettiest girls are the ones that are understated.
I only wear makeup when I feel like it, but the makeup I wear isn't like foundation or bronzer so its only faint makeup, so the change is hardly noticeable, I have confidence in myself with/without makeup and that's all the matters. I just think so long as you have the right attitude to pull off your looks. I am a quiet, polite girl which suits my looks - which are girlie (is that how you spell it, if not woops) so if your looks match your personality I think you can pull it off! :smile:
I wear liquid eyeliner (on the top lid, I look like an incredibly depressed goth if I wear pencil eyeliner :lolwut:), mascara, foundation and concealer if I have a spot. sometimes blusher if I look especially pale. and very occasionally, fake eyelashes too.

not really bothered about it... I like to think it balances out because I pretty much do nothing to my hair. but meh. I feel better/more confident with it on and it's not really excessive make-up so I don't see a problem.
(edited 12 years ago)
dont fall for girls with caked up makeup on them, look stupid and just shows that they have to hide behind makeup to feel attractive, girls that dont use much makeup are always better looking in comparising to those that need makeup :redface:
Original post by Miahrose
I feel sort of lucky because I don't feel a need to wear make-up all the time and I know other girls that are genuinely horrified at the thought of anyone seeing them without it on.

I do wear it, when I can be bothered. More so to hide a late night, to kill time or just for fun rather than because I'm self-concious without it.

I certainly don't consider guys when putting on make-up though, haha.

This! I apply it when and if I feel like it. I don't feel paranoid about people seeing me make-up less - yes, my face might not be flawless, but I can live with it
I usually wear either lipgloss on it's own or lipgloss and eyeliner, so it's easy to walk out the house with a bare face when I'm late or just can't be arsed.

Without eyeliner I get the 'oh my you're so pale' comments a lot more though but I suppose it's because eyeliner stops me looking so tired.
I rarely bother with it unless I'm attending a party or a social function worthy of my best face. It would be too much beauty for people to handle on a day-to-day basis.

EDIT: I work in an all-male company, however a secretary started recently who is always well-turned out with pristine make-up and I considered then that perhaps a bit of effort wouldn't go astray. My laziness quickly quelled the desire, though it made me wonder who I put make-up on for when I do try....
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
Now suddenly no one wears make up?
Reply 35
Original post by metric
I hate girls who have this superior attitude because they don't wear any makeup, most seem to really brag about it as if they are morally better because they don't wear it.

I wear some makeup, I hardly coat myself in it. I wear miles less than I used to and my boyfriend has seen me lots without makeup, I don't really wear enough for it to make a huge difference but I wear it just to give me a little more confidence and even out my skin tone a bit.

YES thank you.
I don't wear any. It's too much effort, and besides I'm somewhere btw average and pretty so what's the point in fooling people into thinking I'm hotter than I am and then disappointing them? I s'pose I'm happy looking kind of average really. I have a friend who's started wearing loads of makeup though since she came to uni and she says if she goes without it people think she's ill, so she does it on days when she wants people to notice she's not feeling good lol!
Well that's the whole point of makeup, isn't it? To hide your imperfections, enhance your beauty and/or decorate your face.

Yes I can go out without makeup on days when I really can't be bothered, but most of the time I usually like to wear it. It's also a bit of a hobby for me, as I love trying different looks, and watching those awesome tutorials on YouTube (I am addicted) :love:

I have no boyfriend and I have no clue how to attract guys, so again indulging in my love for makeup just makes me feel better about myself.
Reply 38
I agree with you. Sometimes I see girls who come to lectures obviously not having had the time to put their make-up on and you're like damn wtf happened?!?! Is this what all these guys are ogling over?
Reply 39
I can go out without make up it's not a problem for me, I just like wearing it :smile: but when I do wear it I just wear mascara, eyeliner and a nude lipstick :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest