The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Financial help based on household income??

Do they base financial support based on household income?

I live with my parents and they will not be helping me financially, but if the support system is based on household income then I doubt I'd qualify for it.

I'm moving out in December (I'm pregnant) and leaving my job so will be in a completely different financial situation to the one I'm in now, but have to send off for financial support before my first course starts in October! Argg !xx
Original post by littleruby
Do they base financial support based on household income?

I live with my parents and they will not be helping me financially, but if the support system is based on household income then I doubt I'd qualify for it.

I'm moving out in December (I'm pregnant) and leaving my job so will be in a completely different financial situation to the one I'm in now, but have to send off for financial support before my first course starts in October! Argg !xx

If your parents have a decent household income then you wont get much or maybe nothing at all so yeah you're kinda ****ed.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Your parents income is not taken into account. Just yours.
Reply 3
Original post by River Song
Your parents income is not taken into account. Just yours.

Just to confirm that for OU financial support, this is indeed the case.
Reply 4
Also if you speak to them and explain how your situation will be changing they will take it all into consideration
As above, your parents' income is not considered.

Quick Reply

Latest