The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Might have to start looking for a new house soon :frown: Really don't want to though.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 121
Aeana
Might have to start looking for a new house soon :frown: Really don't want to though.

How come hon? your house splitting next year?
Reply 122
My house is splitting next year yeah. One of my housemates is going on industrial placement (or he hopes to anyway). Looks like we're going to be reduced to the three musketeers next year :frown: Anybody want corrupting? We'll do that for free at our house. :biggrin:

I really don't want to move again :frown:
Reply 123
What was everyones deposits like? I dont want to shell out with £300 of my loan! I wont have much left :frown:
Reply 124
Alpott
What was everyones deposits like? I dont want to shell out with £300 of my loan! I wont have much left :frown:

£300 is pretty much standard, you'll have to brave it
Hello everyone. me and two of my friends (im a boy, my friends are boy and a girl) are looking for a house next year, we live at home at the moment so we do not party so much with other students so at the moment have not found anybody else who wants to move in with us. Went to look for some houses yesterday but most of the houses are 4 people and more...so we need another 1 to move in with us. we are all very nice:smile: if your looking for someone to move in with let me know.

Matty
Hello everyone. me and two of my friends (im a boy, my friends are boy and a girl) are looking for a house next year, we live at home at the moment so we do not party so much with other students so at the moment have not found anybody else who wants to move in with us. Went to look for some houses yesterday but most of the houses are 4 people and more...so we need another 1 to move in with us. we are all very nice:smile: if your looking for someone to move in with let me know.

Matty
Reply 127
Joy! I have a new housemate! I'm not moving anymore! Yay!
Reply 128
Aeana
Joy! I have a new housemate! I'm not moving anymore! Yay!

welldone:d
im thinking to buy property in the area and rent it to pay off the mortgage.
so far it seems ok as house prices are not huge, and as the uni is fairly close, and theres always a demand for local student accommodation; iv not had any negatie feedback so far.
what are your views people?
I thought you said you had no money! Now you want to buy another house?!
you are a student and you want to buy a house??? wooow...hmmm well the prices will only become higher because its so close to london so maybe its not a bad idea...but make sure you buy one of those nice expensive houses for rich students because otherwise you will have to pay a lot of money to make changes to everything from double glazing to plumbing...

anyway as long as I can be the first student:P its all good
Reply 132
Apparently it's a really good market to get into. However the start up costs are pretty high.

Buying a house would mean that you wouldn't have to pay rent etc. but at the end of the day you're still buying a house and you'll have all the hassle that comes with it.
Aeana
Apparently it's a really good market to get into. However the start up costs are pretty high.

Buying a house would mean that you wouldn't have to pay rent etc. but at the end of the day you're still buying a house and you'll have all the hassle that comes with it.

Exactly - you don't pay rent, you pay a mortgage.
Reply 134
I've got a house!! paying the deposit tomorrow :smile:
DanGrover
Exactly - you don't pay rent, you pay a mortgage.

the idea is the rent pays ther mortgage.

will try to go for a place with double glazing and in good condition, approved wiring etc so i dont have to do much. then i shall let student letting manage it so my housemates wont know im their landlady :p:
But getting a mortgage isn't easy - you only have a part time job, you're a student and the cost of the rent + fees for letting will be well above your mortgage, because you'd get a horrible rate at your age.

By all means, look into it, and if it works it'd be awesome but... I really don't think it will.
Reply 137
:eek: The thought of a mortgage at 18/19/20 scares the hell out of me. I think I'd rather stay at home with my parents.
WOoo hey people. its my birthday today and we sorted out a house im so happy! moving on the 3rd of september for 44 weeks. its in deerswood avenue not far from uni. might even be able to walk to uni every day next year! how good!

there is only 3 of us at the moment. me, another boy and a girl. We are looking for one more person to share with, the rooms are lovely and the house is very nice looking and modern. Please let me know if you are interested.

Matty boy
Reply 139
Happy Birthday! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending