Visit website

Scroll to see replies

thank you:smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 141
I got a house :biggrin: in Cedar road, just up from the security gate! £66 a week, telford court size rooms plus maybe a bit more, and a huge garden! deposit was only £250 aswell
Alpott
I got a house :biggrin: in Cedar road, just up from the security gate! £66 a week, telford court size rooms plus maybe a bit more, and a huge garden! deposit was only £250 aswell

Nice one! We're literally two doors up from the security gate! Party.
well my house is 1 High Dells, Thats out the gate house turn left down bishops rise and the first house after that bus stop! Gotta be the closest house! :-P
Reply 144
If i'd gotten the place i wanted this year i'dve beaten you :wink: Was looking at the very corner flat of chantry court which is just across the rounabout from the gatehouse :p:
ahhhhhh touche! But to make it fair we'd have had to measure the distance from our doors! lol and we've had a hole cut in our hedge which means we dont have to walk down the drive! HOW TYPICAL LAZY STUDENT IS THAT?! check it next time you go past lol tis quite amusin!
Reply 146
haha how funny :P
Reply 147
The info in this thread is v helpful, so thanks to everyone who contributed already.

but I was wondering if the estate agents mentioned in first post would cover accom in st alnbans too? or is it just for hatfield ?

should i start th monday i get back after xmas, or if i wait the 2 weeks til after the exams over would it limit the availability of better places for me alot???
Reply 148
The agents mainly focus on Hatfield but i think most will offer a few(but i wouldn't have thought many) places in the surrounding areas, welham green, brookmans park, welwyn, st albans etc.
Reply 149
thanks for that, if they don't come up with much decent there, il search around for agents in st albans as well
Im a Cardiff student :o: (dont all boo + hiss please!) and I will be on a placement year next year working in Welwyn Garden City, I know nobody in the area and am looking for a room for 12 months from August. Have found several websites advertising rooms but it is largely landlords advertising and I am not able to find out anything about who I am going to live with. Am female, 20, non smoker, no car so want to be close to public transport links. Any help that anyone can give me would be reaaaaalllllyyy appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Reply 151
goldengirl127
Im a Cardiff student :o: (dont all boo + hiss please!) and I will be on a placement year next year working in Welwyn Garden City, I know nobody in the area and am looking for a room for 12 months from August. Have found several websites advertising rooms but it is largely landlords advertising and I am not able to find out anything about who I am going to live with. Am female, 20, non smoker, no car so want to be close to public transport links. Any help that anyone can give me would be reaaaaalllllyyy appreciated. Thanks :smile:

Your best bet is to try local estate agents e.g. Mather Marshall, Pikes, Suburbia. Just have a search online and you'll find a few to look at :smile:
Reply 152
i only posted my accomodation application a couple days ago and found out there was a deadline in august..
does this mean i have to find my own place now? =[
Reply 153
careton
i only posted my accomodation application a couple days ago and found out there was a deadline in august..
does this mean i have to find my own place now? =[

Generally the uni will try to find every fresher a place on campus, however if you've only just applied its unlikely you'll be able to get a place.

Which halls did you apply for?

Did you get into uni through UCAS or clearing?
I just received a letter saying they cant help me at all and I have to make my own accomodation arrangements

WTF! I don't know what to do now! I really needed a place on campus somewhere

If anyone would like to make some money, then let me know and I will pay you 20 quid premium per week on whatever halls ur in at the moment provided that it is NOT a shared room.

E.g. If you have a room in the D'Havilland Campus - I will pay you 121.50 since the face value rent is 101.50

Latest

Trending

Trending