The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
Latest:
Swansea have made decisions, letters are being sent out as we speak. Everyone should have heard by the end of the week.
Reply 3001
Original post by Dan9878
Latest:
Swansea have made decisions, letters are being sent out as we speak. Everyone should have heard by the end of the week.

Great news i think lol My nerves are wrecked!! Good luck!
Reply 3002
BCU are still taking late applications, if anyone is interested.
Reply 3003
Original post by LukeDR2
Has anyone heard from UWE? I had my interview in the first week of January and haven't heard anything since. Unsure if this is a good or bad thing :L X

Hi Luke,

Yeah I also had my interview at UWE in the first/second week of January and have also not heard anything. Hoping no news is good news!
Are you on Facebook? Add me if you'd like as i'm not on here very often.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=515304494
Original post by ~Justin~
Just got this from BCU via e-mail...

20 April 2012

Dear applicant

Dip HE Paramedic Science

Thank you for your application for a place on the above course.

We have now achieved conditional approval for this course pending a few minor changes requested by the HPC. These changes have now been made and we are now awaiting ratification of approval which we anticipate will be received within the next few weeks. Unfortunately this means we are unable to consider applications until after this date but would like to confirm your application is being kept on file and will be included in the short listing process which we hope to carry out towards the end of April through to May.

It would be beneficial if you have not already done so, to submit a reference to support your application form. Once the approval process is complete we aim to post this information on the University website

This will be a new provision for the University; however, we anticipate a commencement date in October 2012 (subject to HPC approval). We aim to interview for this course in June/July 2012.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this exciting new programme you will be contacted following shortlisting of applications. In the meantime should your contact details change or you wish to submit further information to support your application please email [email protected] with this new information.

Yours sincerely

Admissions Officer

Faculty of Health

hey how did you apply? did you get an application form or email them or what?
Original post by rebeccapeake
hey how did you apply? did you get an application form or email them or what?

Form attached :smile:
Reply 3006
Original post by WannabeParamedic
Good Afternoon All,

Just wondered how everyone is getting on / getting ready for this years application for Paramedics. I applied to LJMU, Coventry, Staffordshire and UWE last year and received an interview at each. I also applied to SHU and didn't get an interview. Sadly I got no offers last year but plenty of feedback to help me this year.

I am applying this year to:

Liverpool John Moores
Coventry
UWE
Birmingham City University
Oxford Brookes University

Swansea (Not through UCAS so an additional choice)

How about you?

hey, i am applying to worcester university to do pre-hospital unscheduled and emergency care. i have a selection day tomorrow and i just wondered if anyone has any advice?
i am currently studying my A levels, psychology, sociology and english language. i do not have a GCSE in maths, will this be a problem? i do have a functional skills qualification though. i have been a member of st John ambulance for 8/9 years now and obtain many hours of duty and have had first hand experiences in emergency care. i do not have much more experience. i have completed my grand prior award and now that i am an adult i teach first aid within my division, also i help the brownies and other organisations to pass their first aid badges. so basically just wondering if you can give me a heads up on what to say, whats going to happen? thank you.
Reply 3007
Original post by cadderz5
hey, i am applying to worcester university to do pre-hospital unscheduled and emergency care. i have a selection day tomorrow and i just wondered if anyone has any advice?
i am currently studying my A levels, psychology, sociology and english language. i do not have a GCSE in maths, will this be a problem? i do have a functional skills qualification though. i have been a member of st John ambulance for 8/9 years now and obtain many hours of duty and have had first hand experiences in emergency care. i do not have much more experience. i have completed my grand prior award and now that i am an adult i teach first aid within my division, also i help the brownies and other organisations to pass their first aid badges. so basically just wondering if you can give me a heads up on what to say, whats going to happen? thank you.

You will def need your GCSE maths or equivalent, a level 2 numeracy qualification will cover you for some unis but not all accept this as a maths GCSE equivalent.
Original post by Deedee11
You will def need your GCSE maths or equivalent, a level 2 numeracy qualification will cover you for some unis but not all accept this as a maths GCSE equivalent.

However I am guessing Worcester are happy otherwise they would not of selected you for the selection day.
Unsuccessful from Uclan last night :frown: Only LJM left!
Reply 3010
anyone heard from Swansea?
Original post by ChannyBee
Please don't take this the wrong way but have you thought that maybe the rejections were down to interview skills rather than medical/ care experience? This was my third year of applying and looking back at some of my answers in my first year interviews I cringe!! And back then i couldnt understand why they wouldnt accept me with all my experience (care homes, hca, registered midwife)
I'm very jealous of people that interview well and can stay relaxed without babbling. In my Oxford brookes interview it felt like the whole room went black and someone put a spotlight over my head, it was awful & yet I did really well in the group interview.
Please don't think I am saying you're unsuccessful because of interview skills but if you have ample amounts of care/ medical experience maybe another look at your interview answers etc may be of benefit. :wink: :wink:

yeah my interview technique could do with improving as well I just wasn't referring to that in that post. But thanks for your input.
Reply 3012
Original post by Briony09110

Sorry to hear that, what time did you find out?
:frown:
Reply 3013
Original post by Briony09110

Sorry to hear this :frown: when was your interview date? Good luck for Liverpool!!
Reply 3014
Original post by ~Justin~
However I am guessing Worcester are happy otherwise they would not of selected you for the selection day.

this is what i was thinking, i know someone who is doing sport and he was in the same situation and they said he had to re-sit it whilst doing the course before he could be given his degree
Reply 3015
Original post by CM1983
anyone heard from Swansea?

All letters have been posted they said!! Nothing for me today tho!
Reply 3016
this is what i was thinking, i know someone who is doing sport and he was in the same situation and they said he had to re-sit it whilst doing the course before he could be given his degree

Thats right, you would need to have a formal numeracy qualification in order to register with the HPC, its the same with nursing courses due to meds calculations etc
Reply 3017
All letters have been posted they said!! Nothing for me today tho!

I am in the same boat. We should hear tomorrow.
Reply 3018
Thats right, you would need to have a formal numeracy qualification in order to register with the HPC, its the same with nursing courses due to meds calculations etc

so do you think they will allow me to resit whilst completing my degree?:smile:
Reply 3019
so do you think they will allow me to resit whilst completing my degree?:smile:

They may do, but I agree they wouldn't have invited you to selection day if they had no intention of potentially offering you a place! Just might mean you have to put in some extra work before starting or during the course. If your selection day is like mine there is a numeracy test (should say in all the paperwork you were sent!) so I'm guessing having some numeracy skills is important to them. Good luck tomorrow, I have firmed Worcester so maybe see you in September if all goes well :smile:

Latest