Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
  • View Poll Results: What is your GCSE Score (from the nine and including: Science, Maths and English)?
    14 points and below (You probably do not meet the academic entry requirements)
    2.16%
    15 points
    1.85%
    16 points
    3.09%
    17 points
    14.51%
    18 points
    54.32%
    I did not apply to Liverpool. I just want to vote for the 'lulz'.
    24.07%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsabreeze)
    You should be fine with your GCSEs. I think the Liverpool GCSE entry requirements as described on their website STINKS. " ...least a score of 15 points or better (where A*/A = 2; B = 1)..." gives encouragement to applicants with 15, 16, 17 & 18 points. However, after all applications are in, Liverpool then apply a cut-off, which was 17 points last year. So all applicants with 15 and 16 points were immediately out. Yet the entry requirements are the same this year. To hide this cut-off process is hideous behaviour as all applicants with 15 and 16 points will think to themselves "Yep, I met that entry requirement. Now it's down to my A levels, PS, reference etc."

Shame on you, Liverpool Uni.
    Is this true?
    I was considering applying, now I may not. I have 15 points at GCSE.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AB

The stupid B was in English Language, meaning my score is 17. Does any one know what the cut off was for previous years?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racer_dude)
    Is this true?
    I was considering applying, now I may not. I have 15 points at GCSE.
    Give the Admissions Office a call and ask them when was the last time that the cut-off was 15 points. Then, when they reply that it has never been that low, ask them why they are encouraging applications from candidates with 15 points if there is no chance of such applications progressing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I heard that Liverpool is much less accepting of gap year students than other unis. Any truth to that?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know, guys, you can apply to Liverpool and Lancaster (and neither use UKCAT :teeth:). I intend to.
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbiased Opinion)
    Just to let you know, guys, you can apply to Liverpool and Lancaster (and neither use UKCAT :teeth:). I intend to.
    Do you know if it's risky to apply to both since their admission criteria is identical?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbiased Opinion)
    So does Birmingham and Bristol.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Do you know if it's risky to apply to both since their admission criteria is identical?
    Fair point. But when you have a low UKCAT tbh there's not much option. :p: You take a risk with any PS-focused uni, really, I would imagine they all score in similar ways.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutaneoplast™)
    So does Birmingham and Bristol.
    Ah yes. Thanks. Although Brum want GCSEs I haven't got and Bristol are one of the psycho unis that seem to reject everyone ever (plus they do it slowly and painfully )
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    decided i'm gna apply

Though dont they usually get like 3000-4000 applications every year? :unimpressed:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I took triple science in GCSE which gave me 5 awards (phy, chem, bio and double science). Will it be considered as 5 separate GCSEs so that I can get 10 points for A*/A or otherwise it will be considered only as 3 subjects. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kusa)
    I took triple science in GCSE which gave me 5 awards (phy, chem, bio and double science). Will it be considered as 5 separate GCSEs so that I can get 10 points for A*/A or otherwise it will be considered only as 3 subjects. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
    :lolwut:

I thought triple science consists of 3 GCSEs not five?
    Core n double lead up to the triple award.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    :lolwut:

I thought triple science consists of 3 GCSEs not five?
    Core n double lead up to the triple award.
    Thats what I thought lol!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Decided to apply here!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Decided to apply here!
    Ditto! :borat:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok so at GCSE I got A*AAAAAAAB as well as 2 BTEC First Diplomas (in sport and music) at grade Distinction*.

So, just to check, I do have 18 points right? The BTEC Diplomas, according to their word doc, are both worth 2 points each. I just want to absolutely clarify
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm slightly worried if there is anything against gap year students, surely having your grades isn't a bad thing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by korz)
    I'm slightly worried if there is anything against gap year students, surely having your grades isn't a bad thing?
    It shouldn't be. It was just an unsubstantiated rumor that I heard, which is why I'm trying ti verify it here.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Hey guys, I got A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AB

The stupid B was in English Language, meaning my score is 17. Does any one know what the cut off was for previous years?
    Your score is 19, not 17?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How does the university of liverpool consider UKCAT?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 29, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.