Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What is your GCSE Score (from the nine and including: Science, Maths and English)?
    14 points and below (You probably do not meet the academic entry requirements)
    2.16%
    15 points
    1.85%
    16 points
    3.09%
    17 points
    14.51%
    18 points
    54.32%
    I did not apply to Liverpool. I just want to vote for the 'lulz'.
    24.07%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    unless you registered for the open day, you won't get any further correspondence when it comes to adverts etc. Does anyone know when Liverpool might be sending out next batch of interviews/rejections? Got 2 rejections under my belt at the minute, feeling pretty on edge!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    Good luck with everything - I'm sure you'll hear good news soon I know the wait can be excruciating as I lived through it last year
    thank you yeh I lived through the wait last year too ... hopefully we all hear good news soon .. best of luck
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, did anyone get a 'seasons greetings' email from Liverpool, I did, does that make me special or something?? I haven't heard anything from them yet!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmccririck)
    Just out of curiosity, did anyone get a 'seasons greetings' email from Liverpool, I did, does that make me special or something?? I haven't heard anything from them yet!
    i did, started shaking when i saw the email, i thought it was an interview invite or something
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmccririck)
    LOL, everyone did It made everyone feel very special But it would make me feel even more special if they gave me an interview Hopefully their next batch would be end of January
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nnuunnuu)
    i did, started shaking when i saw the email, i thought it was an interview invite or something
    When you get an interview invite, the email will be from Mbchb with the subject being Liverpool Medical School Interview
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got the Seasons Greetings one too, my heart stopped! I didn't get that last year. Got an email today saying I didn't get Liverpool for A105, still waiting to hear about A100 and grad med..im taking it as a good sign that i didnt hear no from all three...unless theyre just logically sorting each course at a time...now im questioning myself...forget I spoke (typed) ....I'll be in the corner rocking back and forward muttering to myself
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They may be waiting until the end of jan exams until they restart interviewing, since they'd just get a ton of cancellations? And they might work on Grad med applicants until then?

Blah this rationalisation just shows that I'm praying it isnt a rejection after nearly 3 months of waiting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected

But I am a resit applicant so was expected. Good luck guys!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get that email recently saying 'Is the University of Liverpool right for you' well it wasnt recently i got it in December?
    Thought it was a bit weird because OF COURSE I want to go to Liverpool. C'mon please give me an offer :rolleyes:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J DOT A)
    Rejected

Sorry to hear that, just because you're a resitter doesn't mean you get an automatic rejection Any resitters waiting, dont give up hope, they interview till March
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected

Sorry to hear that man, i feel your pain, im also a resitter with 2 rejections under my belt from Lancaster and Peninsula Were u rejected from liverpool today?! Just out of curiosity, what are your academic stats like?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackThought)
    Sorry to hear that man, i feel your pain, im also a resitter with 2 rejections under my belt from Lancaster and Peninsula Were u rejected from liverpool today?! Just out of curiosity, what are your academic stats like?
    Hey do not be too disheartened because quite a few of my friends are resitters so good luck
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected

aw sorry to hear that, did you put any extenuating circumstances in you PS for not acheiving the grades in your first sitting? becuase they said they accept resitters if they have extenuating circumstances
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nnuunnuu)
    aw sorry to hear that, did you put any extenuating circumstances in you PS for not acheiving the grades in your first sitting? becuase they said they accept resitters if they have extenuating circumstances
    You don't need extenuating circumstances, just need to acknowledge and reflect on the need to resit in the personal statement.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyangel2008)
    Did anyone get that email recently saying 'Is the University of Liverpool right for you' well it wasnt recently i got it in December?
    Thought it was a bit weird because OF COURSE I want to go to Liverpool. C'mon please give me an offer :rolleyes:
    Lol odd email to send to applicants, I havent received it though

Interview in 3 weeks gaaah gotta wikipedia everything about PBL
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys, just a quick question. So when Liverpool invites you, they send you a work experience form is it for volunteering or work?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy999)
    Guys, just a quick question. So when Liverpool invites you, they send you a work experience form is it for volunteering or work?
    Either or a combination of both. So the 3 most important medical voluntary/work experiences.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just heard my job as a nurse is gone because of budget cuts...I need some good news please Liverpool!!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected

Wow, your positive attitude is impressive, I hope I'm as calm/nice as you when I get rejection(s). Good luck with your other unis.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 29, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.