The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by Parle à ma main
Wow, your positive attitude is impressive, I hope I'm as calm/nice as you when I get rejection(s). Good luck with your other unis. :smile:

The brightest stars shine when the sky is at it's darkest no?

And for my STATS:

5A*3A's and 2B's

Good luck guys!
Original post by J DOT A
Rejected:smile:

But I am a resit applicant so was expected. Good luck guys!

Sorry to hear about your rejection :console:
I'm also a resit applicant and hoping for anything right now.. :redface:
Good luck with your other choices..
Original post by J DOT A
The brightest stars shine when the sky is at it's darkest no?

And for my STATS:

5A*3A's and 2B's

Good luck guys!

That's beautiful. :smile:
Reply 883
Rejected:frown:
I am graduate applicant!
Original post by k262817
Rejected:frown:
I am graduate applicant!

I'm so sorry :frown: :hugs: Remember you still have other unis left, don't give up hope.
Reply 885
Got an interview for February 8th! So excited!! What should i expect and how did most of you prepare? Also how many international students get offers?:smile: Anyone else on February 8th??
Reply 886
Original post by Sid23
Got an interview for February 8th! So excited!! What should i expect and how did most of you prepare? Also how many international students get offers?:smile: Anyone else on February 8th??

Hey when did you get your offer? :smile: and what was your average? :smile:
Reply 887
Original post by Sid23

Congrats! :biggrin:
I'm also Canadian and mine is for February 9th. I'm reading these medical interview books with questions and stuff and preparing from those. Also trying to read a medical news article per day.
Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 888
Original post by Parle à ma main
I'm so sorry :frown: :hugs: Remember you still have other unis left, don't give up hope.

Hey Thank you:smile:just got one more:frown:
Original post by k262817
Hey Thank you:smile:just got one more:frown:

Well, it only takes one offer. :smile: For what it's worth, even if it did come to reapplying, re-applicants have higher chances of getting an offer.
Reply 890
Does anyone know if having an earlier interview at Liverpool is a good sign? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Moonthana
Does anyone know if having an earlier interview at Liverpool is a good sign? Thank you :smile:

no, they don't send out offers until march... (which is the end of the cycle)
Reply 892
Original post by excalibere
no, they don't send out offers until march... (which is the end of the cycle)

Thank you :smile:

My interview was in November but I assume they just got my application earlier than others probably...
Lol at the person who said in their interview:

"I wouldn't like it here.. Its too nice!"

clearly brown nosing... :h:
Reply 894
In preparation for my interview, I came across so many questions I don't know the answer to. Really need to prepare. Thank goodness I don't have any exams in exam week this semester. :smile:

How early does patient contact occur?
When you're learning anatomy, do you dissect a human cadaver?
Are you placed in a district hospital or central teaching hospital?
For the elective, do you have to go abroad or is that just optional? Since I'm international, it seems kind of weird to go somewhere else =| although it does sound fun. And is the elective before finals or after?
What are the student selected components that are offered?
And how are clinical skills covered? Eg. Taking blood from a patient
Original post by malika774
In preparation for my interview, I came across so many questions I don't know the answer to. Really need to prepare. Thank goodness I don't have any exams in exam week this semester. :smile:

How early does patient contact occur? We have the first placement in February of the first year
When you're learning anatomy, do you dissect a human cadaver? No we have prosection rather than dissection, the samples are already prepared!
Are you placed in a district hospital or central teaching hospital? No Hospital in first year, all merseyside hospitals are used in years 2-5
For the elective, do you have to go abroad or is that just optional? Since I'm international, it seems kind of weird to go somewhere else =| although it does sound fun. And is the elective before finals or after? You can take your elective in any country you like, however most people choose somewhere exotic. Its in-between years 3-4.
What are the student selected components that are offered? There are over 90 choices! Things range from Clinical transplantation to Medical Education. Most take the shape of a literature review.
And how are clinical skills covered? Eg. Taking blood from a patient? You learn these skills in a clinical skills lab, 2 hours a week in first year, and then in hospital in subsequent years.

Hope this helps :smile:
My friend told me that Liverpool deal with resit applicants towards the end of the application cycle i.e in Feb/March after they've dealt with everyone else. Can anyone confirm this?
Reply 897
Original post by BlackThought
My friend told me that Liverpool deal with resit applicants towards the end of the application cycle i.e in Feb/March after they've dealt with everyone else. Can anyone confirm this?

I don't think that's true. I'm a resitter and I found out about my interview on December22nd.
Original post by myyrh
I don't think that's true. I'm a resitter and I found out about my interview on December22nd.

this basically, I've never heard of that either before. Im a re-applicant and I got my interview first week fo December (but im an international student :smile: )
yeah u guys are right, just phoned up to confirm, they do them as they come. Getting pretty tense now, Liverpool's now my last (realistic) hope, Soton was much more of a gamble! I neeeeeed some good news or i'm gna go crazy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending