The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Ahah just got a rejection from liverpool today :frown:
Reply 901
Original post by Samy
Ahah just got a rejection from liverpool today :frown:

Oh no :frown: So sorry to hear that mate. Were you given a reason? What were your grades like if you don't mind me asking.

Lol some retard negged this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 902
Original post by .eXe
Oh no :frown: So sorry to hear that mate. Were you given a reason? What were your grades like if you don't mind me asking.

Yeah they said I did not meet their entry requirements. My predicted average was around ~92% - 93% .

TBH, I was expecting it so its not that bad for me. :s-smilie:
Original post by Samy
Yeah they said I did not meet their entry requirements. My predicted average was around ~92% - 93% .

how were your grade 11 marks?

maybe that's why? :frown:
Reply 904
Original post by Samy

Yeah as excalibere said, it would come down to your grade 11 marks. 92% prediction is pretty high actually, so Im surprised. Just apply next year with completed marks vs predicted, you will have a much better chance. What other schools you still waiting on?
Reply 905
Original post by excalibere
how were your grade 11 marks?

maybe that's why? :frown:

Yeah I didnt post my grade 11 marks, thats probably why it says:

"Application form not filled in properly. Insufficient details of academic history upon which to base a decision"

Liverpool is a fantastic and widely recognized school however,
I do not like Liverpool's teaching method of PBL.

Good luck to the rest of you applicants who are waiting for an interview or have an interview in the future!
Original post by Samy
Yeah I didnt post my grade 11 marks, thats probably why it says:

"Application form not filled in properly. Insufficient details of academic history upon which to base a decision"

Liverpool is a fantastic and widely recognized school however,
I do not like Liverpool's teaching method of PBL.

Good luck to the rest of you applicants who are waiting for an interview or have an interview in the future!

thats probably why....

I'm again sorry to hear that about the rejection, but if you don't like PBL the problem with Liverpool is they are BIG on it.

I look forward to it, because I can't stand sitting in lecture's all day.

Anyways, don't give up hope...for the odd reason you don't get in or have to turn down your offer's there is always next year. Your still young and a year off won't kill you.
Reply 907
thats probably why....

I'm again sorry to hear that about the rejection, but if you don't like PBL the problem with Liverpool is they are BIG on it.

I look forward to it, because I can't stand sitting in lecture's all day.

Anyways, don't give up hope...for the odd reason you don't get in or have to turn down your offer's there is always next year. Your still young and a year off won't kill you.

Yeah I also realized that even if I got an offer, I wouldnt be able to meet their entry requirements.

They require 90%+ in English and that was my lowest grade :rolleyes: Oh wells.
Reply 908
Original post by .eXe
Yeah as excalibere said, it would come down to your grade 11 marks. 92% prediction is pretty high actually, so Im surprised. Just apply next year with completed marks vs predicted, you will have a much better chance. What other schools you still waiting on?

Still waiting on Leeds and Aberdeen (My #1 choice)
I think L'pool is my #1, my parent's want me to go to Leeds though, but goodluck (i applied to both Leeds/aberdeen also) :smile:
Reply 910
I think L'pool is my #1, my parent's want me to go to Leeds though, but goodluck (i applied to both Leeds/aberdeen also) :smile:

Yeah liverpool has an amazing campus and LOADS of Canadians, just not my style of teaching

If you dont mind me asking what were your predicted/achieved grades?

Also do you know what Leed's entry requirements for Canadian applicants are?
I cant seem to find them anywhere.
Reply 911
Original post by planetconwy1
How early does patient contact occur? We have the first placement in February of the first year
When you're learning anatomy, do you dissect a human cadaver? No we have prosection rather than dissection, the samples are already prepared!
Are you placed in a district hospital or central teaching hospital? No Hospital in first year, all merseyside hospitals are used in years 2-5
For the elective, do you have to go abroad or is that just optional? Since I'm international, it seems kind of weird to go somewhere else =| although it does sound fun. And is the elective before finals or after? You can take your elective in any country you like, however most people choose somewhere exotic. Its in-between years 3-4.
What are the student selected components that are offered? There are over 90 choices! Things range from Clinical transplantation to Medical Education. Most take the shape of a literature review.
And how are clinical skills covered? Eg. Taking blood from a patient? You learn these skills in a clinical skills lab, 2 hours a week in first year, and then in hospital in subsequent years.

Hope this helps :smile:

That's so helpful! Thank you so much, it saves me a lot of time of researching. =)

Do you mind if PM you if I ever come across other questions?
Original post by malika774
That's so helpful! Thank you so much, it saves me a lot of time of researching. =)

Do you mind if PM you if I ever come across other questions?

Feel free
Reply 913
Anyone else with an interview on the 14th of Feb?
Reply 914
Original post by Daave92
Anyone else with an interview on the 14th of Feb?

Valentines Day Interview?

Are you planning to bring chocolates and flowers for the interviewers? :sexface:
Original post by Samy

Are you planning to bring chocolates and flowers for the interviewers? :sexface:

tbh i'd do it as a joke....
Reply 916
Original post by Samy

Haha I would if it'd get me brownie points, although I'd imagine it'd be pretty awkward if it were two men interviewing me. But maybe they'll show the love a bit more on valentines day
Reply 917
Original post by lizzy999

Original post by lizzy999
Hey when did you get your offer? :smile: and what was your average? :smile:

Hey, I got my offer on December 19th and I applied with a predicted grade of 93%. How about you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 918

Congrats! :biggrin:
I'm also Canadian and mine is for February 9th. I'm reading these medical interview books with questions and stuff and preparing from those. Also trying to read a medical news article per day.
Best of luck! :smile:

Thanks! Congrats to you too, you're just one day after me! :smile: Have you done your undergrad or are you applying from high school?
Reply 919
Original post by Sid23
Hey, I got my offer on December 19th and I applied with a predicted grade of 93%. How about you?

I graduated from high school last year and ended up with an average of 95% :smile: I'm in my first year at UofT, as I was late in applying last year :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending