The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sergio Kun Aguero
It's a disgrace you got a 'C' but are predicted an 'A'. But alas, Leeds is a good choice if you have a good PS

What an absurd comment you moron.

I got an "E" in AS Chemistry and got a predication of an A* from my teacher and ended up getting an A*. Its not a "disgrace" at all, you never know the circumstances around it, the person my have had personal problems.
Original post by Kitty..x
Please, need some help!!!
GCSEs: 9 A*'s

AS grades:
Biology C
Chemistry B
Maths A
Psychology A

Predicted A* AAA
UKCAT 610

Do I have a chance at medicine????
Hoping to apply:
Keele, Peninsula, KCL, Leeds? and Liverpool!
Please any help!

Thank you !
xx

Yes you will be fine about applying, don't apply to Keele and KCL with your UKCAT though, plus Keele is a really bad medical school and receives way too many applications.

Original post by Fudgebucket
Do my AS grades (ABBC) offset my chances of getting in? I've got maximum points for the gcse requirements.

You need to stop worrying about your AS grades. Only start worrying if you get DDDD or something like that.
Original post by planetconwy1
Yes you will be fine about applying, don't apply to Keele and KCL with your UKCAT though, plus Keele is a really bad medical school and receives way too many applications.

You need to stop worrying about your AS grades. Only start worrying if you get DDDD or something like that.

How is keele a bad medical skl if it's still praticing :confused:
Original post by This Honest
How is keele a bad medical skl if it's still praticing :confused:

All I have heard since I have been at Medical School from the staff and students is how appalling the F1's are who come from Keele. Apparently they lack clinical skills and such. Plus its not a particularly amazing university really. :mad:
Original post by planetconwy1
All I have heard since I have been at Medical School from the staff and students is how appalling the F1's are who come from Keele. Apparently they lack clinical skills and such. Plus its not a particularly amazing university really. :mad:

Oh. :s-smilie:
Wasnt gonna apply there anyways :cool:
Glad they rejected me after interview then.................:colondollar:
Reply 86
First interviews are in early november
Reply 87
what is the national ave ukcat score?
Original post by Anajini
what is the national ave ukcat score?

Around 620.
Reply 89
Original post by Rocket_Science
Around 620.

How do you know that?do you have any evidence?:smile:
Reply 90
It's a disgrace you got a 'C' but are predicted an 'A'. But alas, Leeds is a good choice if you have a good PS

I totally agree seriously.. these predicted grades mean absolutely nothing! At my college we don't get predicted a grade higher (even if we were 1 ums mark of that grade!) yet alone 2 grades! I'm just glad it's compulsory to cash grades in now :s
Original post by Anajini
How do you know that?do you have any evidence?:smile:

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/pdf/UKCAT%202010%20Technical%20Report.

Page 13; average UKCAT total in 2010 was 2488.96 ~ 622.

My friend got a D in one of her AS levels... then got an A at A2... and is in her first year of medicine at Glasgow now

So your comment's rather awkward. especially if said poster had had a bereavement or something...
Reply 93
has anyone got any interveiws from liverpool yet?
Reply 94
If you have 3A’s and an A at AS, do they still look at your GCSE, or do you get the 18 points.
Reply 95
What are the international competition like? Can anyone please provide me with sime stats? (ie ratios for applicants:redface:ffer. etc)
Reply 96
I have 1A*, 7A's and 2B's at GCSE.

A* in chem, and for other two sciences I have A's (I did triple sciences), also in maths have A, but for English lang I have a B.

How many points does that work out, I have got an answer of 17. But just want to confirm, if thats ok.

Thankyou for your help guys.

:smile:
Original post by taunt
I have 1A*, 7A's and 2B's at GCSE.

A* in chem, and for other two sciences I have A's (I did triple sciences), also in maths have A, but for English lang I have a B.

How many points does that work out, I have got an answer of 17. But just want to confirm, if thats ok.

Thankyou for your help guys.

:smile:

17 indeed.

2 points for every A/A* and 1 point for every B.
Anyone know how many interviews and offers they give out?
Original post by laurenl93
Anyone know how many interviews and offers they give out?

Last year they gave out approximately 1200 interviews and 600 offers from a total of 2500 applicants.

More info on medical school competition ratios can be found here (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Competition_Ratios). Just remember to take it with a grain of salt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending