Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: What is your GCSE Score (from the nine and including: Science, Maths and English)?
    14 points and below (You probably do not meet the academic entry requirements)
    2.16%
    15 points
    1.85%
    16 points
    3.09%
    17 points
    14.51%
    18 points
    54.32%
    I did not apply to Liverpool. I just want to vote for the 'lulz'.
    24.07%

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toppy)
    For an interview. Chance is pretty small I suspect so I'm not holding my breath.
    Ah okay, Good luck for Liverpool man
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    mid to end march is when we will hear. expect another week to week and half more
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyStead)
    Hi everyone,
    I have had an interview at Liverpool uni for medicine in november they said they would get back to me in march but it feels like I have been waiting forever and really nervous to hear the outcome! Just wondering has anyone heard anything back yet and what did you think of the interview!
    Funny I was just about to make a thread about the exact same thing. I thought they said early march but I'm probably getting mixed up with other things.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baines_22)
    Funny I was just about to make a thread about the exact same thing. I thought they said early march but I'm probably getting mixed up with other things.
    Well hopefully we hear back this week although I doubt it. most likely next week or the week after.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nervous I don't no if it went well or not, but this is my first choice so I can't wait to hear and now it's march I feel as if I'm checking my emails constantly!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Wednesday so I don't think offers are coming out this week. I think this is possibly the last week of interviews, though.

I'm so sorry to be like this, but can you guys tell me in general terms what to focus on for the interview? Because with UEA I prepped for the total wrong questions, and I like Liverpool a lot, don't want to mess this one up :p: I know Liverpool ask about PBL, and why Med/why L'pool. Is there much reflection (what did you learn from x, what are your weaknesses etc)?

Edit: lot of hate for this post? I was replying to a thread that orginally was asking about when offers were being given out then it got moved. But not to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm fairly sure today was the last day of interviews
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parle à ma main)
    I have an interview on Wednesday so I don't think offers are coming out this week. I think this is possibly the last week of interviews, though.

I'm so sorry to be like this, but can you guys tell me in general terms what to focus on for the interview? Because with UEA I prepped for the total wrong questions, and I like Liverpool a lot, don't want to mess this one up :p: I know Liverpool ask about PBL, and why Med/why L'pool. Is there much reflection (what did you learn from x, what are your weaknesses etc)?
    there's no set questions my advice is to know your PS very well. for me 100% of questions were based on my PS. also, they tend to ask lots of followup questions, so dont say anything unless ur absolutely sure u can defend it. a girl before me got asked a question, she gaves a good prepared answer...they asked a follow up and she blanked. they ccalled her out on making statements about things she didnt know much. so yeah, watch what youre saying
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    there's no set questions my advice is to know your PS very well. for me 100% of questions were based on my PS. also, they tend to ask lots of followup questions, so dont say anything unless ur absolutely sure u can defend it. a girl before me got asked a question, she gaves a good prepared answer...they asked a follow up and she blanked. they ccalled her out on making statements about things she didnt know much. so yeah, watch what youre saying
    Thank you! I'm so relieved you told me that because I totally forgot my PS even existed, I would have blanked on questions about it. I'll make sure to respect my limits, I think I fell down there with UEA, and then the interviewer ended up thinking I was lying haha Thanks and my fingers are crossed for you for when they do start handing out offers!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parle à ma main)
    Thank you! I'm so relieved you told me that because I totally forgot my PS even existed, I would have blanked on questions about it. I'll make sure to respect my limits, I think I fell down there with UEA, and then the interviewer ended up thinking I was lying haha Thanks and my fingers are crossed for you for when they do start handing out offers!
    no worries mate good luck!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Decided to withdraw my application today (already have the offer I want)

I assume Liverpool will sent out decisions soon - so I hope you all get the positive outcome you deserve.

We're nearly at the end of this mentally and emotionally draining process - wish you all the best
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I am an international applicant. Do you know whether it will be more advantageous to be invited for an interview early or not?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APMED)
    Hello. I am an international applicant. Do you know whether it will be more advantageous to be invited for an interview early or not?
    no advantage at all. wen was your interview btw?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was also interviewed in November and this wait has just been SICKENING! Good luck to everyone, let's hope we hear sooner rather than later in March!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    got an official email from liverpool today hope this clears everything up:

Dear Student

As stated on your letter inviting you to interview a decision will be made on your application by 31 March. This is the deadline for all decision to be made via UCAS.

We are currently still interviewing and are aiming to start making offers mid March. The offer making process takes approximately two and a half weeks so it is not possible for everyone to receive their decision on the same day as their friends etc. Offers will be made in no particular order.

Each phone call that is made to our office asking when will a decision be made is adding time to this process and lengthening the time it takes to make our offers. candidates will receive a decision by 31 March and if you have not received a decision by then please give us a call. If we have requested further information or you have a further query not related to your offer please contact us via email Mbchb@liv.ac.uk. However please DO NOT call or email to ask when you will receive a decision.

Best wishes

Admissions Office

School of Medicine
    Institute of Learning and Teaching
    Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
    The University of Liverpool
    Cedar House
    Ashton Street
    Liverpool
    L69 3GE
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Guys stop phoning we've officially been told off lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysh161)
    Guys stop phoning we've officially been told off lol
    Yeh i know lol....i haven't phoned once but they sent it to me.... i was like sorry :sad: aha ... but it is the most clear message so NO-ONE phone them from now on then guys, offers handed out mid to end march like they keep telling us...just hold on tight and fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear from liverpool at any stage of application!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyeverest)
    Yeh i know lol....i haven't phoned once but they sent it to me.... i was like sorry :sad: aha ... but it is the most clear message so NO-ONE phone them from now on then guys, offers handed out mid to end march like they keep telling us...just hold on tight and fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear from liverpool at any stage of application!
    Sorry accidentally negged u it's my iPhone :/ but yeah I haven't phoned at all either. Fingers crossed we all get the offers we want
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysh161)
    Sorry accidentally negged u it's my iPhone :/ but yeah I haven't phoned at all either. Fingers crossed we all get the offers we want
    haha no worries and yeh getting so ridiculously nervous right now still no offer in the bag for me and so close to the end.... i think i have a mini heart attack any time an email pops up...but this might delay my nerves a bit at least liverpool are being very clear and not that secretive! making us feel a bit more relaxed and that we know exactly when to PANIC ahhhhhhhh lol.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from liverpool. Offers go out mid march. Within 2 weeks from mid to end march all offers will be out. Quite possibly this is the last week for interviews.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I also got that email. My heart was beating SOOO fast when I saw who it was from! Oh no wait, they're just telling everyone off! Hahah, I haven't called at all, promise

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 29, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.