The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by groovyangel2008
You are probably right, but I know when i found out about my Birmingham offer, people who had been rejected found out first via letter before their rejection was updated considerably later on track and people with offers found out even later via Track. I'm unsure the method that Liverpool use though? Anyone know :smile: ?

someone said on this thread that it's track update first.
Reply 1741
Original post by groovyangel2008
You are probably right, but I know when i found out about my Birmingham offer, people who had been rejected found out first via letter before their rejection was updated considerably later on track and people with offers found out even later via Track. I'm unsure the method that Liverpool use though? Anyone know :smile: ?

Track update first but track can change a while before you get the email notification.
Reply 1742
I am going to be spending the next few weeks refreshing this thread,track and my emails!! Absolutely beside myself with fear :frown:
Reply 1743
Thanks for the advice, guys, I've withdrawn. I wish you all the best with your applications!
Original post by tomkeys
Thanks for the advice, guys, I've withdrawn. I wish you all the best with your applications!

Sorry about the neg, I'm on my phone. Congrats on getting your first choice. :smile:
Arghhh I hate waiting! >.<
Me to I can't help but check my emails all the time too! I havnt got into anywhere else yet and liverpool is my first choice I really want this place!
Reply 1747
Hopefully by this week we'll know. Please liverpool anytime now..
Reply 1748
really starting to get nervous now :/ been waiting since november the 18th to be precise lol. almost 4 months of impatience. waiting on liverpool after being rejected from manchester and bristol. still nothing from leeds.

EDIT: just went on UCAS track and it says it will be down on the 17th. unis dont hand out offers or rejections on weekends do they?
(edited 12 years ago)
I no mine was on the 22nd so i have been waiting for almost as long and the length of time is ridiculous, because its been so long I'm like questioning what i have done wrong etc its killing me! haha.
Reply 1750
Original post by LucyStead
I no mine was on the 22nd so i have been waiting for almost as long and the length of time is ridiculous, because its been so long I'm like questioning what i have done wrong etc its killing me! haha.

my interview was last month and Im already starting to lose my mind so I can't even imagine what you guys are going through. hang in there though, if not by this week, guaranteed we will know by the next. Atleast liverpool maintains contact with applicants and lets them know what's going on, unlike other schools so I am definitely optimistic for this week + next to hear back...just a few more days
I no, I have another interview next week :smile: hurray! But I would like to know if I have got into liverpool or not beforehand but I'm not sure how it went, it was my first interview and I was really nervous!
Original post by LucyStead

I also had mine on the 22nd.. the wait is unbearable..
not long now. i reckon the first few offers will be given out end of this week...just so they can make everyone else extra nervous over the weekend :P haha UCAS loves messing with us!
Reply 1754
does Liverpool update UCAS or do they send everything to UCAs and it gets updated by them? just asking because if Liverpool doesn't update themselves there might be yet another delay until next week or so.
I had my interview last week and the wait is killing me, I feel for everyone who've had their interviews last year. tomorrow might be the day. fingers crossed :yes:
Original post by .eXe
does Liverpool update UCAS or do they send everything to UCAs and it gets updated by them? just asking because if Liverpool doesn't update themselves there might be yet another delay until next week or so.

I think they send it to track. Not sure tbh :\ Nonetheless, I have a feeling they'll begin to give out offers tomorrow (Yn)
Reply 1757
Heya guys...I applied to Liverpool last year, and the way in which they sent offers out was via track first - followed by a letter (mine came about a week after track update). And if my memory serves me correctly, there was a specific time during the evening (around 6pm-ish) where everyone's track would update at the same time. So we'd all sit around at 6pm and constantly pressing the refresh button on hotmail! Hope this has helped out a bit - can't say whether it'll be the same this year though!

EDIT: Just a quick question. I noticed that UEA were demanding AAA* from some of their A level resit applicants...do you reckon that's the same for all med schools now? So for example, will liverpool demand AAA*?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1758
Original post by Reelo
Heya guys...I applied to Liverpool last year, and the way in which they sent offers out was via track first - followed by a letter (mine came about a week after track update). And if my memory serves me correctly, there was a specific time during the evening (around 6pm-ish) where everyone's track would update at the same time. So we'd all sit around at 6pm and constantly pressing the refresh button on hotmail! Hope this has helped out a bit - can't say whether it'll be the same this year though!

EDIT: Just a quick question. I noticed that UEA were demanding AAA* from some of their A level resit applicants...do you reckon that's the same for all med schools now? So for example, will liverpool demand AAA*?

hey thanks a lot for that info, I didnt know they updated all at the same time. good to know. are you 100% on this though?
Reply 1759
Original post by .eXe
hey thanks a lot for that info, I didnt know they updated all at the same time. good to know. are you 100% on this though?

Not all of the interview applicants are told at the same time of course (hence the two and a half week period over which offers are handed out) but they seem to select quite a large group of the applicants every time they updated. But yes, track was always updated at THAT particular time...never other times during the day.

EDIT: That's not to say that it'll be the same this year, however.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending