The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Anybody get their History reading list today?

As the title says, I just got mine today and thought this is pretty expansive, is anyone doing History and if so how many of those are you planning on reading.
I'm doing History and got my reading list last week! I added them up and there's 69 books on there x_x

I've bought 9 of them and it came to £112 or something, most second hand . I might make an attempt at reading 'The Anglo-Saxon Age' simply because it's only 79 pages long but I'll probably only read a page or two of the others, haha. Have you got any of them yet?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
I was planning on getting some but im not too sure that ive gotten in as my history exam didnt go to well, so im waiting on my results before I buy any of them, but when i looked online for ones i randomly picked out some were like 100 quid which is pretty dear for a book :P
I've got everything crossed and am just hoping for the best on results day. I don't have a clue what I got for my coursework in the first module of A2 in history so don't even know what I needed to get in the exam to make the grade... which is/was a little worrying.
I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 4
Current History student here, going in to second year, just to let you know you barely need to buy/read any of the books. I didn't, and lecturers/seminar tutors recommend completely different ones in classes which have numerous copies in the library. The only one that is absolutely vital for first year is Give Me Liberty: An American History by Eric Foner as it is used a lot for American Histories I & II. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, i have been recommended to get this book and looking online for it now! do you know have any idea which one i need to buy. Which volume? as there are so many different versions!

Quick Reply

Latest