The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Anyone going to Uni's other than Oxb, York, Dur, Warwick, etc!!!

Like i read on a previous thread, as many students go to salford as oxford but this forum is really overflowing with people from such Unis, Ox Cam, durham, nottingham, UCL, etc etc!!

Anyone going to or is at somewhere else?!!

Im trying to decide between birm and hull at the moment. I don't place much significance on league tables, i left a school 6th form that was high in the league tables for my area, and went to a college with not the best reputation, and am doing considerably better at the college!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My friends are going to durham, durham, durham or nottingham, leeds newcastle and lacaster, oh yeah and leeds trinity but thats hardly worth mentioning oh yeah and i know 2 people doin maths/physics at oxbridge. So not all do but lots do.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I got an offer from lancaster but decided against it.
Reply 3
Ladyluck
I got an offer from lancaster but decided against it.

I'm using Lancaster as my insurance, but I should hopefuly get the grades to go to Nottingham. Which course did you apply for?
Reply 4
Frances
I'm using Lancaster as my insurance, but I should hopefuly get the grades to go to Nottingham. Which course did you apply for?

LLB European Legal Studies, but my preferred course is at Birm and Hull LLB Law with German Law and Language. I doubt theres that much difference between them. Birm was going to be my first choice without a doubt but after having visited Hull i really cant decide now, Lancaster open day is in a few weeks, i dont want to go because i will then probably find it hard to decide between the three! :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Ladyluck
LLB European Legal Studies, but my preferred course is at Birm and Hull LLB Law with German Law and Language. I doubt theres that much difference between them. Birm was going to be my first choice without a doubt but after having visited Hull i really cant decide now, Lancaster open day is in a few weeks, i dont want to go because i will then probably find it hard to decide between the three! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I really liked Lancaster, I was very tempted to put it for my first choice.
Reply 6
League tables only tell half the story. I know a lot of people from lesser universities who have got good jobs. I also know many people from these places who are also unemployed but that is because they won't lower them selves to do lesser jobs and only scraped through thier degree. I think in general if you get a good grade from the lower universities you will be fine.

My sister has applied to Warrick, Shefield, York, Lancaster, Manchester and Keele.

I applied to Bolton, Manchester Met and Salford as I didn't want to move out, Manchester and UMIST were out of reach for me as I wanted to somthing in computing which tends to have slighter higher entry requriments than somthing such as Business Studies.
Reply 7
I am looking to go to either Liverpool or Sheffield
Reply 8
Notts, Loughborough or Newcastle for me... :wink:
Reply 9
Liverpool or Edinburgh for me - providing my Liverpool Orthoptics interview goes well!
Reply 10
I'm trying to decide between Warwick and Lancaster for my first choice (for Psychology). At the moment I think Warwick is winning, partly because they made me a lower offer than Lancaster.....Hull might be my insurance i think.....
i applied to durham, nottingham, newcastle, sheffield, manchester and northumbria.
Reply 12
*Riz*
I'm trying to decide between Warwick and Lancaster for my first choice (for Psychology). At the moment I think Warwick is winning, partly because they made me a lower offer than Lancaster.....Hull might be my insurance i think.....

Choose warwick its far better than lancaster anyday
i applied to oxford, durham, edinburgh, st andrews and newcastle for psychology. i still can't decide which to pick (although not oxford because i didn't get in :biggrin: ). possibly my fave at the moment is st and's but i've yet to go up and visit it.
Reply 14
Leekey
Notts, Loughborough or Newcastle for me... :wink:

have u visited loughborough? im goin to the open day in a few weeks, not seen it before and have an offer from them. am looking forward to it, isn't it supposed to be amazing for sports?
Reply 15
bean4ian
have u visited loughborough? im goin to the open day in a few weeks, not seen it before and have an offer from them. am looking forward to it, isn't it supposed to be amazing for sports?

Yes, the place is tremendous!!! It has probably the best reputation for sports in this country but there seems to be much more to it that just sports. I applied for Computer Science and the depatment and facilities were easily on a par with those I've seen at Notts, Manchester, York etc.. The camus is really nice and the accomodation is generally very good (I've been advised to avoid one or two halls though). I don't really know much about other departments but the people in mine were really nice and made me feel welcome. Other than the place feeling slightly smaller than some of the city Uni's, I really can't find a downside to the place. :biggrin:
Reply 16
I should be applying for Durham, Warwick, Bristol, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham. But i wonder which one is more established/reputated in the working society?
Reply 17
eunice
I should be applying for Durham, Warwick, Bristol, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham. But i wonder which one is more established/reputated in the working society?

I would say Bristol, Durham, and nottingham are all on a par, closely followed by Warwick and Birm. Not sure about leicester
Reply 18
pinkegokane
i applied to durham, nottingham, newcastle, sheffield, manchester and northumbria.

Hey you live right near me. I even went out in derby last night to par-tay with my mates! ANy news from Nottingham yet?!
Reply 19
I'm at Bham. Did apply to Cam and Durham, though didn't get in to Cam and hated Durham tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending