The Student Room Group

I cringe at ‘Skinny Vs Curvy’ *PICS*

‘Skinny Vs Curvy’ girls has become a growing theme on TSR threads. The common thread goes like this:

Do you find curvy women more attractive than skinny women?

And then, to support the theme of this ridiculous thread, a beautiful curvy woman like this is posted:

Spoiler

And then some anorexic looking woman like this is posted as a preference comparison:

Spoiler

Hmmm which one to pick? :hmmmm:

Of course the vast majority of men would prefer the first woman to the second, so why even debate such things? :lolwut:

Being curvy refers to having fat in the ass and breasts, whereas being skinny refers to not having much body weight at all hence the lack of defined curves. ‘Curvy’ should never be used as a synonym for being ‘overweight,’ as a slim girl can also be curvy- curvier in comparison an overweight girl in fact.

Overweight, but not curvy:

Spoiler

With this in mind, can we stop using the word ‘curvy’ as a synonym for being overweight considering that a person does not necessarily have to be curvy when overweight?

But most importantly, can we please stop referring to slim girls as being ‘skinny?’ The word ‘skinny’ is quite offensive as it suggests that slim girls are shapeless sticks, when they can actually be ‘curvy’ too.

I’m sorry if this thread has caused any offense and I will probably be negged quite a lot for this, but I find it insulting that most 'chubby' girls will simply be referred to as being 'curvy' in order to not seem unpleasant, but a slim girl can quite easily be degraded as being called 'skinny'.

Thanks. :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whereas I, as a female believe that I would be so much happier if I had the figure of the second one.
Strange.
Reply 2
Whats with these threads, just be happy man! Smile whoever you are and whatever you look like! :smile:
Original post by smileybop
Whereas I, as a female believe that I would be so much happier if I had the figure of the second one.
Strange.

Yeah, to be fair, I've always wanted to be blown over a gentle wind too.
Reply 4
I agree.
Strange.

Not going to lie, I agree. It's so much easier to put on weight than it is to lose it.

*awaits negs*

Edit: I realise this was a really general statement, I meant that for me specifically, it's easier to gain weight.
(edited 12 years ago)
...or just not discuss it altogether.
Thread's been done about 50 billion times.

Go out into the real world and no one gives a ****.
Dude...chill.
The woman in the second pic really needs a burger. I agree with your post though; curvy and overweight are different things.
Strange.

You actually want to look like you've been through a famine?
Fat women are not curvy, they are a blob.
Reply 12
That first picture made me jizz my pants. Who is that wench?
Reply 13
Agreed, but I'd go further in saying TSR is basically *enter high made up statistic here* full of rate me threads and the like, may I refer them to /soc/ for their bull**** insecurities in an attempt to keep this a respectable forum, as it does get quite boring.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Most girls wouldn't consider the term "skinny" offensive, and I disagree that "skinny" implies wraith-like skinny-ness. A lot of times, it's people meaning slim.

Curvy shouldn't be used as a synonym for overweight, no, but the threads in question - as you've demonstrated - involve girls who are genuinely skinny (as in the picture) being compared with those who are curvy.
Original post by Democracy
You actually want to look like you've been through a famine?

Do I want to be able to walk into any shop I like and be able to try on their smallest size, know it will look ok on me and not have to worry about looking chubby/having a fat arse/having to much cleavage on show ect.
Yes actually I do.
Do I want to be able to walk into any shop I like and be able to try on their smallest size, know it will look ok on me and not have to worry about looking chubby/having a fat arse/having to much cleavage on show ect.
Yes actually I do.

Aren't you at least as worried about looking emaciated though?
Yes actually I do.

No you'll have to worry about everyone thinking you have anorexia instead, and just generally looking like skin and bones.
Reply 18
Original post by loonyplatypus
Not going to lie, I agree. It's so much easier to put on weight than it is to gain it.

*awaits negs*

Not really true, really depends on the person to be honest.
Strange.

Me too, weirdly. If she had slightly bigger boobs. I mean the first one is gorgeous but I'd still rather look like the second one

Quick Reply

Latest