The Student Room Group

Classy ideas for girlfriends 17th birthday?

So, its her 17th birthday coming up, anyone have any original ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get her a card and some chocolate. Don't spend more than a tenner.
Reply 2
How long've you been with her?
Reply 3
Make a photo album for her. (Works better if you've been together for a long time)
Or just take her out for a nice meal somewhere she likes.
Make sure to post what you actually did in the end!
Reply 4
Original post by LipstickKisses
:lolwut: Why on Earth not?

OP go for a meal at a nice hotel or a classy restaurant, then go for a walk together somewhere. Simple yet elegant.

Then he has more money left to spend on himself and treat himself after a job well done :smile:
Original post by VQG
Then he has more money left to spend on himself and treat himself after a job well done :smile:

...But it's his girlfriend's birthday...
Reply 6
...But it's his girlfriend's birthday...

Minor, a man has to think for himself sometimes as well love. And what's wrong with chocolate and a card?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by VQG
Minor, a man has to think for himself sometimes as well love. And what's wrong with chocolate and a card?

It's one day a year, surely he can think of her on this day. :rolleyes: It's not very personal or thoughtful, that's what's wrong with it.
Reply 8
organise a bukkake, bitches love bukkakes
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
It's one day a year, surely he can think of her on this day. :rolleyes: It's not very personal or thoughtful, that's what's wrong with it.

Women love chocolate. It is original if you think about it, while all the other idiots look for original ideas and do something unique- which makes them unoriginal and unique in itself. He goes and gets her chocolate which nobody else would think of- hence it's unique.

It's genius I'd say. Or he could get her packets of condoms, or packs of contraceptive pills which will last as long as he intends for their relationship to last.

OP follow my advice mate :smile:
Original post by VQG
Women love chocolate. It is original if you think about it, while all the other idiots look for original ideas and do something unique- which makes them unoriginal and unique in itself. He goes and gets her chocolate which nobody else would think of- hence it's unique.

It's genius I'd say. Or he could get her packets of condoms, or packs of contraceptive pills which will last as long as he intends for their relationship to last.

OP follow my advice mate :smile:

Err no they don't, I dislike chocolate. There are plenty of things he could do that would be personal to her, that would mean something. Your idea is a cop-out, and I'm starting to think you're trolling after those last two suggestions.
Reply 11
Take her out to dinner or something? If you wan't something in return at the end of the night get her some red wine at your meal.
Get one of those glass photo holding things and make a collage :biggrin: That would be sweet, unless of course you haven't been seeing each other long in which case it would be creepy :')
Otherwise: some form of nice restaurant or if it is a nice day maybe you could take her for a picnic some place in the country and pay for you both to go around one of those fancy historical houses if you're into that sort of thing.
Reply 13
Well its summer, so why not go for a nice boat ride on a lake and then a homemade picnic - and buy a nice picnic basket, the cheapest ones you can are around £20. She'll love the effort you put in.
Reply 14
Err no they don't, I dislike chocolate. There are plenty of things he could do that would be personal to her, that would mean something. Your idea is a cop-out, and I'm starting to think you're trolling after those last two suggestions.

You're not a woman then, and I don't troll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqAQRbmRXk

This will give you a really good idea, plus a step by step guide to help you make it.
Original post by VQG
You're not a woman then, and I don't troll.

*goes and checks*

Yes I am. :biggrin: Your idea is really stupid.
Is there a theatre show or something that she's particularly interested in seeing? Maybe get tickets for you both to see that, and then go for a nice meal too (if your budget stretches to that).

Surprise party with all her friends?

Oh, oh, okay, this is weird but I would LOVE someone to do this for me one day:

Find a wood somewhere that you can camp (if all else fails, there's your back garden or something). Set up a tent secretly, fill it with cushions, duvets, etc, not just boring sleeping bags.
Then string lots of fairy lights up in the trees around it (if you ARE in the woods, you might want to take a car or portable battery that you can hook them up to).
Take a picnic blanket too and a basket filled with food that you can eat cold.

When it gets dark, blindfold her, lead her to the place you're camping, and voila! Somewhere romantic for you to spend the night.

You could then just give her a card and necklace or something small like that, and because of the setting it'd still be great, because you'll have already put lots of effort into it.

(I'm a massive romantic at heart, can you tell? :love: )
Reply 18
*goes and checks*

Yes I am. :biggrin: Your idea is really stupid.

Saaaaaddddddd. I was only trying to be helpful :frown:
Original post by VQG
Saaaaaddddddd. I was only trying to be helpful :frown:

Seemed like you were trolling. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending