The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purple-Pixie
Oh okay thanks, maybe I'll try Chain Fishing one day :smile: Lol I definitely agree that the Masuda Method can be soul crushing!

Wow you have a lot of shinies! I would quite like shiny Sylveon and shiny Gardevoir, although I would probably be happy with any shiny Pokémon that I didn't catch through an event or part of the game's storyline.

Keep an eye out in the GTS - shiny Eevee's get put up there periodically; it's where I got mine (and another, which I traded) from. Gardevoir is rarer.
Pokemon Showdown have got a preliminary ORAS ladder up with the changes confirms from datamining the demo, tempted to jump in and give ti a go! Although it will be the first time I've played competitive in about 10 months and MegaMence is supposedly stomping over everything at the best of times, so not sure how I'll fare :ahee:

Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
I did it Gofre! I went in as a grown man (questionable) and asked for my Shiny Gengar! I have the code safely in my bag whilst on the train home. I hope the code works :biggrin:

Good stuff :yy:
Added shiny shinx and shiny psyduck to my diamond collection today XD also I heard that you can catch all the pokemon via ORAS and X and Y, which suits me great as it means I don't have to obtain another ds lite in order to complete pokemon white and trade the pokemon from there using bank/poke transporter. I think I will start afresh if that's possible, but if It's too much of a long winded process I may just obtain a cheap ds lite and transfer my pokes from the da generation to the 3ds gen XD
Why can't we post screenshots from Pokemon X & Y in Miiverse? So annoying. Nintendo obviously did it deliberately but for what reason? Apparently older 3DS games have the functionality but not Pokemon it seems... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn! Knew I should have ordered from Nintendo's Official store when they had the steelbook and figurine for £39.99...they don't have it anymore. :frown: Standard version it is then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn! Knew I should have ordered from Nintendo's Official store when they had the steelbook and figurine for £39.99...they don't have it anymore. :frown: Standard version it is then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

GAME did have the steelbook but it was £49.99 and didn't come with the figurine. They might still have it if you particularly want the steelbook.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can get the figures from GAME if you pre-order, that's what I'm doing (and you get reward points if you have a reward card :biggrin:). I'm not sure if they're still selling the steel book edition, but I know that either way they sell the figures and steel book editions separately :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJMayes
GAME did have the steelbook but it was £49.99 and didn't come with the figurine. They might still have it if you particularly want the steelbook.

Yeah I wouldn't have minded the Steelbook, didn't really care much about the figurine. I think GAME have the steelbook for £5 more than the standard at £39.99 so I'll probably buy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was going to preorder but wasn't sure if the game would get to my uni halls right, so I decided it would be easier to head into the city and buy it on release day. Still, would have liked a lickle Kyogre model.
The Diancie event has now begun here in the UK! Can't wait to get it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie
The Diancie event has now begun here in the UK! Can't wait to get it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going to pick up the code tomorrow from GAME after work. I have a question though. When you obtain event Pokemon is it best to leave their moves unaltered or train them how you want as with normal Pokemon? Gengar was my first event Pokemon and I made him forget Astonish for another move. Which brings me to my second question, can Pokemon re-learn old moves if you made the Pokemon forget a move but then changed your mind? I have no idea. I'm such a noob. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to pick up the code tomorrow from GAME after work. I have a question though. When you obtain event Pokemon is it best to leave their moves unaltered or train them how you want as with normal Pokemon? Gengar was my first event Pokemon and I made him forget Astonish for another move. Which brings me to my second question, can Pokemon re-learn old moves if you made the Pokemon forget a move but then changed your mind? I have no idea. I'm such a noob. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the moves. If they are event exclusive moves, then I'd keep them unaltered. To see whether something is an event move, you should really check online as it's not always obvious.

As for relearning, this is possible in certain circumstances. If it is a move in the Pokemon's moveset (just google "<insert Pokemon> moveset" for this, Serebii/Smogon/Bulbapedia are all good sites to use) then it can always do so. If it is a move the Pokemon obtained through breeding, then it can always relearn it. If it is a move the Pokemon learned in its previous form, then it is not always possible - it requires the move to also be counted in the fully evolved forms movepool. Event moves are a mystery to me so I would look them up.
Does the pre order for AR/OS give you anything special? If you dont preorder can you still get a shiny beldum?
Original post by Malevolent
Does the pre order for AR/OS give you anything special? If you dont preorder can you still get a shiny beldum?

If you already pre-ordered from Nintendo, you will get the steelbook edition with a Groudon or Kyogre figure, depending on which version you ordered. If you pre-order from GAME, you get one or the other. I'm not sure if you can still get both by pre-ordering from Nintendo at this point.

You can still get the shiny Beldum if you don't pre-order as I think it's a Wi-Fi event :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what you want to do with it :yep: using it and battling with it? Train it up and give it the best moves you can, some event moves are great while others are naff and just there for flavour. If you're not going to use it and keep it as a collector's item, event pokemon are worth a lot more in trading circles if they're left untouched :smile:
Original post by DJMayes
Depends on the moves. If they are event exclusive moves, then I'd keep them unaltered. To see whether something is an event move, you should really check online as it's not always obvious.

As for relearning, this is possible in certain circumstances. If it is a move in the Pokemon's moveset (just google "<insert Pokemon> moveset" for this, Serebii/Smogon/Bulbapedia are all good sites to use) then it can always do so. If it is a move the Pokemon obtained through breeding, then it can always relearn it. If it is a move the Pokemon learned in its previous form, then it is not always possible - it requires the move to also be counted in the fully evolved forms movepool. Event moves are a mystery to me so I would look them up.

Great, thanks to you both for the information :smile: I've never had a Gengar so I will definitely be using the shiny one I got for battles. :smile:
Finally got a 3DS and Pokemon X! Hello 2013 :wink:
Original post by IDukem

Woohoo! Yes I'm still playing the Pokemon Y storyline and ORAS is out in two weeks!
Original post by IDukem

I got a 3DS XL with Pokemon Y about 3 weeks ago and completed it with moderate levels of play in about 2 weeks. Brilliant game. And ORAS is just around the corner. :biggrin:

Woohoo! Yes I'm still playing the Pokemon Y storyline and ORAS is out in two weeks!

How are you getting on with it? I found the story quite straight forward, but still very enjoyable. And yep, ORAS isn't far away at all now. I've got Ruby pre-ordered. :smile:

Original post by Reluire
I got a 3DS XL with Pokemon Y about 3 weeks ago and completed it with moderate levels of play in about 2 weeks. Brilliant game. And ORAS is just around the corner. :biggrin:

I got the regular 3DS and I'll likely get that for Christmas...either that or Super Smash Bros :tongue:

I'm getting OR cause I had Ruby when that first came out :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest