The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Hello & Welcome to the Pokemon Society's 3rd thread :h:

Here you can discuss anything to do with the pokemon franchise: the video games, competitive battling, the tcg, collectibles & merchandise, the anime & anything else relating to the pokemon universe.
Please keep conversation on topic & within tsr rules & in accordance with these please do not post links to emulators or illegal download or streaming sites, many thanks

As it's the year of the water dragon this year's thread mascot is kingdra, the image was selected by (very one-sided :mmm:) contest winner R.J. Omega :awesome:

Here's the stats from the last thread:

Stats

They're a little distorted due to the length of time the last thread went on...but let's hope the posting continues in this new thread :cute:

Following on from previous years we're hoping to set up a gym tournament for society members to compete in:

Gym tournament; under construction

Gofre - Dragon type Gym
Latias/Kingdra/Latios/Dragonite/Gyarados/Salamence

Skipp - Grass
Breloom/Virizion/Ferrothorn/Celebi others tbc

We're also running a Battle subway challenge, post your team & longest run to be entered on the leaderboard:

1.RJ Omega -75 Wins (Cloyster/Darmanitan/Hydreigon)

The society has it's own page on the tsr wiki which can be found here; the page can be edited by anyone, so if you want to add useful links or information please do

Off-topic thread can be found here

More to follow - Skipp x
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skipp
:pika: Thread under construction :h:

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/characters/1968.png

Gym tournament, rough copy

You are a girl that likes Pokemon?! Seriously now I have seen it all!!! :eek:
Reply 2
Original post by parmdeep18375
You are a girl that likes Pokemon?! Seriously now I have seen it all!!! :eek:

Where have you been hiding? There are millions of girls who like Pokemon. :biggrin:
number 3 now? mmmm.

may as well christen this thread with a post while it is still pure/on its first page :'D
Original post by Kovu07
Where have you been hiding? There are millions of girls who like Pokemon. :biggrin:

I've never met any girl that likes Pokemon.

Not one that is over the age of 18 and is good looking anyway :rolleyes:
Reply 5
there are plenty of girls over 18 that like pokemon, I didn't even consider it a boyish thing if i'm being honest. I thought the whole premise of pokemon, was to allow it to appeal to both genders equally?
Reply 6
*Urge to find old pokemon yellow game is growing* o.o
Original post by Kovu07
there are plenty of girls over 18 that like pokemon, I didn't even consider it a boyish thing if i'm being honest. I thought the whole premise of pokemon, was to allow it to appeal to both genders equally?

Well, in FireRed and LeafGreen (IIRC it was that generation) they do let you choose to play as either a Male or Female character...

Anyways, a quick google search has proved me wrong:

Original post by prakashpatel4579
Well, in FireRed...

Btw I made the post above, it's just my cousin left his TSR account open like a noob, so if you wanted to give positive rep for the pics above, please give +1 on this post rather than the one above :biggrin:
Original post by Mockery
*Urge to find old pokemon yellow game is growing* o.o

It was a good game and you could get all 3 starters from red/blue in one save and I liked how Pikachu walked around with you, Pikachu always seemed to hate me though when I checked it's happiness :frown:

Also, was it this game that let you teach Pikachu Surf?
Reply 10
Original post by parmdeep18375
It was a good game and you could get all 3 starters from red/blue in one save and I liked how Pikachu walked around with you, Pikachu always seemed to hate me though when I checked it's happiness :frown:

Also, was it this game that let you teach Pikachu Surf?

Pikachu with surf? I think you've lost your sanity pal.

Although it would of helped against damn brock :mad:
Original post by Mockery
Pikachu with surf? I think you've lost your sanity pal.

Although it would of helped against damn brock :mad:

Actually you could get Pikachu with Surf in Yellow.

Not in time to face Brock though :tongue:

A quick google search has reminded me. If you had Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Stadium on N64 and a transfer Pak you could unlock it.
You needed to complete the Pokemon Stadium level 100 cup with your Pokemon Yellow team using Pikachu in every battle.

Here is the faq:
http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/588/588815p1.html

Here is the video of unlocking it.

Also,you could use Surfing Pikachu to play this minigame:
Reply 12
In the interest of tidiness can we please keep conversation to the current thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=960323 - figured the 'thread in progress' message might have been enough of an explanation, but will edit it to make it clearer. It's almost at the 10000 post limit (hence this one sitting here)...but not quite dead yet :p:

parmdeep18375
Kovu07
NOBODY MOVE!
Mockery

And on the note of surfing pikachu there was also an event where you could unlock them for heart gold/soul silver at some point last year
(edited 12 years ago)
aaaaaaand onto the next one [=

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
New thread time :awesome: time to copy+paste half finished convos over....

I can never rep ape gone insane, because it's always too soon after the last time I repped him, in fact most people find this problem with ape :hmmmm:
Last post before the old thread closed, I'll take it :sexface:

Edit: Oh yeah, the hyperlink thing. Do you have to be a subscribed member on TSR for that, or am I just being stupid not knowing how to do it? :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by skipp
New thread time :awesome: time to copy+paste half finished convos over....

I can never rep ape gone insane, because it's always too soon after the last time I repped him, in fact most people find this problem with ape :hmmmm:

Hehe I don't get quite as much as that rep/posting maniac =P

Original post by R.J. Omega

Treat it as a consolation prize for the one that you wanted but missed ;D

Regarding hyperlinks in sigs, is it not just like in posts?
Reply 17
Exactly the same as in posts :yep:

And aye, no one at the moment will beat ape until he leaves...like Jangra before the site changes :giggle:

Original post by R.J. Omega

Edit: Oh yeah, the hyperlink thing. Do you have to be a subscribed member on TSR for that, or am I just being stupid not knowing how to do it? :colonhash:

I put an explanation in the New chat thread :sexface:

/plugging new thread :mmm:
I wanted ALL the prizes :colonhash:

I've got the hyperlink now, but I want to substitute the link into the word 'TSR', (basically to make it look neater) like Skipp's done with hers.
Please guys, can I answer the question regarding hyperlinks? I never get to answer questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending