The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham University chat thread 2011-

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cunningstunt87
Excellent idea and well played sir! Hopefully a place free from prospective students asking dumb questions. Sadly, I expect the moderators won't allow it and we'll be inundated with "whats the best hall" and "Iz Shottingham safe blud" and this thread will soon become mundane, tiring and tedious like most other threads are for current students in this forum.

Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Indeed.
Fresher's week starts on 26th of September. I suppose that's the first week of term too, but you probably won't start proper lectures until the week after.

No. You start proper lectures during that week. Have a nice day.
Reply 22
Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN
No. You start proper lectures during that week. Have a nice day.

Well I didn't, perhaps it varies from course to course.
I wasnt! I was a fresher twice. Possibly 3 times depending on your definition.
Moving into my new house tomorrow! Teversal Avenue :smile:

btw, how does everyone in private houses sort out bills? Does one person have all the bills in their name? Do you divide the responsibility ?

Certainly dont want to have four bills in my name...
Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN

... What?
Or don't pay any bills by direct debit and pay cash at the post office. Sorted :cool:
Possibly silly question, but where do I find out when I can move back into halls? Staying in the same hall as last year, but sort of forgot to ask before I left!
Original post by BrushieDuck
Possibly silly question, but where do I find out when I can move back into halls? Staying in the same hall as last year, but sort of forgot to ask before I left!

Email/call the accommodation office.
Nando's in the city centre. What more do you need?
Reply 30
Original post by BrushieDuck

It'll either be the Sunday at the start of Freshers' week (which is the first week of term, so the 25th) or you may be able to wrangle moving in on the Saturday, at the same time as the international students. You'd probably have to ring to arrange that though. It's worth it to avoid the big Day 1 rush.
Im geussing they havent at all but is there a skyfeed into the raleigh park halls?
seeing the freshers events on the SU page makes me pine to start all over again!
Original post by veggie4life
seeing the freshers events on the SU page makes me pine to start all over again!

Theres always the option of being an Easy Tiger Cub.
Alos, I was a fresher twice. It really wasnt as great the second time around.
Original post by veggie4life
I was with a group of people that got handed 10 each. I got handed one.

I wouldn't worry, it's better bareback.....

:cool:
I refuse to let this thread sink into the depths of obscurity and be lost among posts by hungry and enthusiastic freshers!!

Booked my train ticket back today, going back to uni on the 28th September. First class, with insurance and postage for less than 13 sovs. This young persons railcard malarky aint too shabby.

When are you all back?

Forest v West Ham Sunday :cool:
Reply 36
I haven't left.
Original post by alex-hs
I haven't left.

I wish I hadn't left!!
Back on the 25th of sept, I can't wait :biggrin:
Is the CD Record Library any good? I tend to download my music these days.

Twice I've joined Polsoc, twice it's been **** and done nothing for me. Not sure if I'll join this year.

Will join Snooker and Pool and either Boxing and a couple of martial arts. The gym as well if that counts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending