The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Members' Questionnaire Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

1. What's your name?
Lu
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?
Not really, although getting to know other LGBTGIA people would be nice
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
Well... Let me get back to you on that...
5. What's your sexual orientation?
Bisexual/Pansexual, because for me the two can mean the same thing
6. How long have you known your orientation?
For about four years I think? I first realised in year 8 that I wasn't straight
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?
I crush on people VERY easily, which is slightly 'goes for anything that moves' I guess.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?
Transphobia yes, a friend of a friend called me a weirdo because I was genderqueer (although it wasn't to my face)
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?
I'm out to all of my friends and my close family, and I've made it a policy to tell people who I may be freinds with. They all reacted well, offering me support or comfort, however there was one guy who fell off his chair when I told him!
10. Do you know many LGBT people?
I suppose I do, I know a lot of people in my year, in the year above and the year below, as well as a couple outside of school.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?
I'm involved in my school's GSA (I'm actually one of the co chairs) and its alright, although its more of a discussion thing than a social thing which is something I'd like to change somehow.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?
I haven't been to any yet, though hopefully I should be going to Pride next year.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically?
Yes they do, and they always have, even before I knew I was LGBT
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?
Nope, currently unattached and too lazy to look.
15. What do you look for in a partner?
The candidate must have excellent communication skills, be a team worker, be able to take on a leadership role from time to time and any experience is desirable
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?
I've had, and they could have been better..
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?
It wasn't that sexual, but I consider it to be better than the above.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?
If I was old enough I would!
19. Name some fit famous people.
Natalie Dormer, Lauren Cohen, Janelle Monae, Emma Stone, Ellen Page, Laverne Cox...
20. Show us your picture?
I don't want anyone to feel the urge to gorge their eyes out, so no.
Original post by dbmag9
I got bored and wanted to redo the questionnaire, so it's now slightly less intrusive and doesn't assume a gender binary, among other things. Copy it into a post and answer as much or as little as you want. :woo:

TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name?
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?

You should also check out the LGBT Chat Thread (not linked since we seem to get through a new thread every few months) where we chat about pretty much anything constantly.

1) Kim
2) I'm new, just checking things out!
3) 19 years old!
4) I am female
5) I'm gay :smile:
6) I've known for as long as I've known girls-liking-girls was something that could happen! I think I was around nine.
7) I don't think so. I mean, I wear the occasional men's shirt...
8) I've experienced a lot! I've been beaten in school, in clubs. I've been sexually abused for being gay.
9) I've been out online for as long as I've had a PC, I've been out to my friends for about two years, and I came out to my mum last August 15th!
10) I know a whole bunch! One of the main reasons I found it so easy to come out to my friends is because they were all so supportive and many of them are gay themselves!
11) Unfortunately I haven't been involved in any societies. I'd love to be though!
12) I've never been to any LGBT events.
13) I think so. I tend to side with those in favour of LGBT sorts :smile:
14) I am in a relationship! I'm actually married to the girl of my dreams and have been for 5 months now!
15) I look for good humour, someone who we can work together well to accomplish our mutual goals and who we can encourage one another on our personal goals. Someone who's there for me, and I can be there for in return.
16) I've had sexual intercourse with my wife many times! All of them amazing :smile:
17) Yes. Awful.
18) I have been to gay bars only on two occasions, both with my wife. One was small and empty, the other I was too drunk to remember.
19) Dianna Agron
20) ---
1. What's your name?
Suzanne
Just to meet some new people
3. How old are you?
16 years, 3 months and 25 days
4. What's your gender?
Cis female
Bisexual + sapiosexual
I've know I was bisexual for about 7 years now. I only recently discovered I was sapiosexual.
I'm not really into dresses and make-up
No.
Not to most people, no. Which is why I'm anon at the moment. I'm out to a select few friends, but not my best friend.
Yes. A lot of my school is bi/lesbian
No.
No.
Of course
Nope
Intelligence, humour etc.
None whatsoever.
Nope
No
Andrew Garfield and Carey Mulligan
Yeah.. No.
1. What's your name?
S

Talk to other LGBT people, I don't know many LGBT people in my home area.

3. How old are you?

4. What's your gender?
Woman

Bisexual

I accepted it three years ago but it had been something I questioned for many years.

I don't know any Bi stereotypes.

Yeah. Also had abuse for being Bi from both Straight and Gay people. :frown:

Out to one member of my family, some friends but not all. I tend to tell new friends though. People are usually cool about it.

I knew quite a lot at uni, less now I'm back in my hometown.

Not really. I've never been out enough to be comfortable doing so.

Nope

Absolutely

Nope

Sense of humour, similar political views, that we have stuff in common.

Nope

Nope

Not really. I've been to a gay bar before because it was the venue for an event I went to, but thats it.

Tyler Posey, Crystal Reed, Arden Cho, Shelley Hennig, Archie Panjabi, Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, Samira Wiley, Laura Prepon.

Nah
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 864
My answers :wink:1. What's your name? Martin
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? I'm new on TSR, would like to make some friends, though I'm a bit shy. :smile:
3. How old are you? 19 years old
4. What's your gender? male
5. What's your sexual orientation? gay
6. How long have you known your orientation? since I was 8?
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? that's up to others to say
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? countless times...
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I'm only out in my homecoutry (Slovakia)... but I'd have no problem to come out in London where I'm moving soon (but in Northern Ireland... ew, no, thanks)
10. Do you know many LGBT people? sure, a 1/3 of my FB friends are gay :biggrin:
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? I haven't...
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Just Prides and I went to a gay bar a couple of times... it was nothing special. Like an ordinary event. But I tend to have much more fun with LGBT people. :smile:
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? nope
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? single :colondollar:
15. What do you look for in a partner? he's gotta be nice to me, clever enough, funny and looking good (let's not pretend the look doesn't matter)
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Sure I have. I'm gay, show me one 19 y.o. gay who hasn't (not meaning I'm a slut!)
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? I have... bad.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? As I said, only in Slovakia - Bratislava for now.
19. Name some fit famous people. Josh Hutcherson ♥, Tom Felton ♥, Dylan O'Brien ♥, Dylan Sprayberry
20. Show us your picture? I'm about to upload it in my profile :wink:
1. What's your name?
Ralph (Not really, but I'd rather stay anon)

not really! something to read
3. How old are you?

4. What's your gender?
Cis woman

Bisexual

recently accepted but questioned for years

I don't know any Bi stereotypes. Although people assume I'm gay. I guess i could occasionally fall into the camp stereotype?

Yeah, mostly just high school stuff

Not out but working on it!

a few!

Nope

Nope

Yes

Yes (with a guy!)only 3 weeks into it haha but known him for over 6 months

Sense of humour, intelligence, fun to be around

Yes, good

Not many, but good

Not really.

Zac efron, jennifer aniston and cameron diaz

Nah
TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name? Faland
3. How old are you? 20
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay
6. How long have you known your orientation? Well you can't really put a date on something like this, thinking about it I just assume I became aware of my sexuality when I became interested in sex, which I think is pretty much the same for everyone (even if they're reluctant to realise/accept the identity that comes with their orientation).
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? My RuPaul avatar and penchant for drag should answer this.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? I've been physically assaulted a few times, but to be honest it's worse when people subtly begin to distance themselves from you, underestimate you, or just generally think less of you, which is much more common IMO. Blokes throwing fists about is ****, but people shouldn't think it's necessarily worse than prejudice that's not out in the open.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Yeh. Thinking back, people seemed to react differently, some positively, others with fake positivity, and a rare few with slight disgust.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Tonnes.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Most LGBT organisations are not very good, sadly. They should be there to look out for LGBT people, especially the most vulnerable subsections of the community, and to celebrate our identities in contrast to the cisgender/hetero mainstream. In practice a lot of these groups are dominated by rich, white, cis gay men and as such are pretty poor representations of LGBT people as a group, and even worse at political activism on behalf of the community.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? I love a good pride. They can be mixed though, some are great, like Leeds, some are ****, like Manchester (which has the nerve to charge LGBT people an extortionate amount of money to pay for X-Factor rejects, an event that has an income of £1m+ but barely gives a pittance to LGBT causes).
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yep. Seeking LGBT liberation etc. should mean that you educate yourself about other forms of oppression (race and gender), and how economic class underlies it all, to consciously fight for liberation on all fronts.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Nope.
15. What do you look for in a partner? “If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't **** 'em!” -- John Waters
Bad and good and good and bad, in that order.
1. What's your name? Amber
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?To talk to like-minded people
3. How old are you? 18
4. What's your gender? Female
5. What's your sexual orientation? Questioning
6. How long have you known your orientation? 5-6 years
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I have short hair...
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Yes
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? No
10. Do you know many LGBT people? No
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? No
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yeah
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No
15. What do you look for in a partner? Intelligence
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yes
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No
19. Name some fit famous people. I find Jamie Campbell Bower really attractive but no one ever agrees with me

​Sorry for my boring answers...
Original post by amberskye
1. What's your name? Amber
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?To talk to like-minded people
3. How old are you? 18
5. What's your sexual orientation? Questioning
6. How long have you known your orientation? 5-6 years
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I have short hair...
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Yes
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? No
10. Do you know many LGBT people? No
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? No
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yeah
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No
15. What do you look for in a partner? Intelligence
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yes
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No
19. Name some fit famous people. I find Jamie Campbell Bower really attractive but no one ever agrees with me

​Sorry for my boring answers...

Your answers weren't boring. :smile:
Original post by MelissaJayne
Your answers weren't boring. :smile:

haha I'm glad :tongue:
1. What's your name?
Emma
To talk to other LGBTQ+ people
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
Female
Queer
I identified as a lesbian for a long time. I recently realised I am also attracted to non-binary female-presenting people
No
Yes
To my close friends. They were very supportive.
Yes
Not really
Yes. Fab. Last one was London Pride last week.
Yes
I'm single
Chemistry and shared interests
Yes, mostly good
Yes, mostly good
A bit. Blush in London.
David Bowie, Ruby Rose
Maybe later
(edited 8 years ago)
1. What's your name?
Dani
Not really, just saw the thread and got interested
3. How old are you?
17 soon
4. What's your gender?
Female
Bisexual
Never used a term or considered it deeply but I've always had attraction to both sexes for as long as I can remember
Not really but I tend to wear guyish clothes a lot of the time even though I feel like it's a fashion thing
Been called "les" a few times but it wasn't in a serious way
Nope but I think my friends can guess and I don't think it's necessary to come out to be honest, sexuality shouldn't be a necessity for everyone to know in my opinion. If I get into a relationship with a girl, I'd just go with it normally and let the understanding of others settle (although I don't think I'd ever let my family know).
Quite a few.
Briefly on tumblr if that counts and I think it's a great way to form understanding
Never
Definitely
No
Humour, wit and intelligence.
Yes, good, although a lot of mindful discomfort followed.
Yes, good.
Nope
Young Leonardo DiCaprio, Chris Brown, Ruby Rose, Scarlett Johansson

Spoiler

Going to do this again because procrastination :tongue:

1. What's your name?
Rhys
I lurk infrequently, and post even less frequently.
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
Male
Bisexual (preference to men though)
If I think about it - since I was very young. But being attracted to guys never really bothered me so I didn't really think of myself as in any way different until I was say 13?
Yup, I think I come across a quite stereotypically camp.
A bit but barely - nothing that's ever concerned me.
I guess? I never came out - I just started getting with guys. I've never seen coming out as a big thing because I'm luckily in the position where I know my family and the majority of people I'll meet won't be bothered in the slightest.
Loads.
Yup. I was one of Oxford's college LGBTQ+ Officers and I've attended liberation campaigns.
Yup, and I've arranged some too. All good.
Of course
Nope
Funny, fun, clever, being a genuinely nice person.
Yes yes. Generally good.
Yes yes. Generally good.
Not much to be honest. In Oxford there is Castle Tavern/Babylove (pub/club, named respectively) and Plush (club).
Uhhhhh. In terms of guys I can't think of any celebrity crushes - much prefer real life. In terms of women... uh.. Naya Rivera?
Pretty sure there's one on my profile still.
Original post by dbmag9
I got bored and wanted to redo the questionnaire, so it's now slightly less intrusive and doesn't assume a gender binary, among other things. Copy it into a post and answer as much or as little as you want. :woo:
TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name?
Jenna
Was bored, saw this.
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
Female
Asexua
About 3 months, it changed on hrt.
Probably not.
Transphobia yes, i usually just ignore the people or hide my face and run away.
Out to everyone for 5 months, for others for year and a half
Quite a few.
My uni has a group but its not really my sorta thing, its mostly cis people hooking up.
No
Massively.
Relationship of 5 months.
Not much, i just want someone to accept me for who i am.
Yeh with gf. It was okay, i feel nothing about it.
None
I don't
Ace so dont see attractiveness.
No.

I answered in the quote box.

Anne Hathaway
Captain America (lol I know that's not his real name but)
Alex Pettyfer
Jamie Dornan

Many more :moon:

just watched divergent

Theo James (and the main gal too)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Anne Hathaway
Captain America (lol I know that's not his real name but)
Alex Pettyfer
Jamie Dornan
Many more :moon:

Why'd you just choose to answer one haha
Original post by cerlohee
Why'd you just choose to answer one haha

Was the only interesting one lmao
1. What's your name?

- Jay

- No

3. How old are you?

4. What's your gender?

- Male

- Homosexual

- YEARS... Longer than 6 years, maybe around 8 years.

- No

- Of course... how can you not in this crappy society we live

- I am out and I have been out for just over 5 years now. People were not nice about it and that's the majority.

- No. The LGBT people I did know were annoying, self-centred, little divas :lol:

- No but I would like to become part of one or two. Generally, I think many of them set us aside from everyone else and MAKE us different when we're trying to achieve equality... can seem counter-productive.

- I have been to Pride. It was amazing.

- Not massively

- I am not

- Honesty, good intellectual ability, flirtatious and positive

- I have. Good.

- I have. Not good.

- No

- 1) Josh Hutcherson, 2) Liam Hemsworth, 3) Jake Gyllenhaal, 4) Mitch Hewer, 5) Alex Pettyfer, 6) The guy who plays Captain America in 'The Avengers'...

- Sure:

Attachment not found
(edited 8 years ago)
1. What's your name? Chloe
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Nope, just saw it on the main page
3. How old are you? 17
5. What's your sexual orientation? Bisexual
6. How long have you known your orientation? Always been attracted to males and females but never really thought about. Then about a month ago I realised, "ohhh, that's why" lol
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I get told that I dress like a lesbian, whatever that means...
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? No
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I don't feel it's that important for people around me to know, but I've told my close friends. If anyone were to ask, I'd be okay telling them.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? I wouldn't say 1/10th of the people I know have come out as LGBT+, so no.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No, I haven't.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Nope.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Of course.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No, I'm not.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Funny. I think that's literally it.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes, good.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yes, good.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? No I don't and I can't, sorry!
19. Name some fit famous people. Trisha Paytas, Ben Allen, Ilana Glazer, Aubrey Plaza... Idk I don't get attracted to famous people that much.They all look the same :lol:
Attachment not found
Reply 879
1. What's your name?
Lisa
It came up on the latest threads
3. How old are you?
34 (mature student!)
4. What's your gender?
Female
Lesbian (hate that word it sounds so harsh)
Since I was 11
I don't feel I do but other people seem to think short hair, tattoos & piercings are very butch. I disagree cos I also do the girly makeup thing & dress feminine
Yes, from family, close friends & strangers
I only came out 4 years ago. At 19 I married a man who I was honest with about my orientation from the start because I was too scared to come out. He was happy with a wife to satisfy his family's demands who wouldn't object to his long hours at golf. We had an open relationship. The arrangement worked for a long time before resentment about living a lie (on my side) & lack of sex (on his side) set in. We divorced & I came out to everyone.
Know well? Only my wife! Some acquaintances also
No
None
No, I've never been political
Yes married my wonderful wife at Easter, been together nearly 3 years
Honesty, integrity, shared morals & values, humour
Yes, some as a young teen, some during my open marriage, now just my wife. Mostly great
Yes, all awful
No, I'm a bit old for all that!
Mila Kunis, Laura Prepon
I don't put my pic on forums

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending