The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Members' Questionnaire Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fretter778

8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Me and my boyfriend in the park. Guy yelled queer. I gave him a thumbs up. Another time some chavs called us batty boys. I congratulated them on the originality of their insult

People like this always cheer me up. Chavs shout some crap, and you just take the piss instead of getting upset :smile:
Original post by Schmokie Dragon

5. What's your sexual orientation?

Anthrosexual.

Can you explain what Anthrosexual is? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just haven't heard the term before and I'm curious :smile:
Original post by JessyPhil
Can you explain what Anthrosexual is? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just haven't heard the term before and I'm curious :smile:

In short, it's being attracted to people of all genders. This can be because the person actively finds all genders attractive or because the person is 'gender blind' and doesn't factor gender into attraction.

Anthrosexuals tend to believe there are more than two gender identities.
Reply 103
In short, it's being attracted to people of all genders. This can be because the person actively finds all genders attractive or because the person is 'gender blind' and doesn't factor gender into attraction.

Anthrosexuals tend to believe there are more than two gender identities.

Is there a difference between that and pansexual, or are they just alternative words?
Original post by dbmag9
Is there a difference between that and pansexual, or are they just alternative words?

Alternatives. I prefer anthro because it avoids questions like "so do you shag dogs then".
Reply 105
Alternatives. I prefer anthro because it avoids questions like "so do you shag dogs then".

Fair enough. Come hang out in the chat thread!

Ah, see when ever I mention the possibility of being pansexual I always get someone asking if that's an attraction to pans...

:facepalm2:
Reply 107
1. What's your name? Serena
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Nope just bored, a little drunk, with insomnia!
3. How old are you? 20
4. What's your gender? Female
5. What's your sexual orientation? 'Bi', but I drift feeling i'm the 2 extremes.,
6. How long have you known your orientation? On some level as long as I can remember..properly 2 or 3 yrs.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? Nope
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Touch wood no not really
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? To one or 2 family, most close friends and quite a few friends. People reacted fine.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Sadly nooo, most of my friends are straight
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No but wanna get out there and meet some people in 2nd year
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Nup :frown:
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone I can be totally me around, whos easy to be with, same interests/sense of humor. And someone I wanna spend a lot of time with.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yees, scary at first but mostly good!
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yep, erm good but hoping things will get better haha
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Gonna start, only been out for a year. I wouldn't recommend Heaven. Been rejected a few times and pretty sure it was down to my appearance from the way me and my friends got looked up and down :/ .
19. Name some fit famous people.Aaron Ramsey, Fabregas, Nadal, Saoirse Ronan, Mila Kunis
20. Show us your picture? Profile!
1. What's your name? Aaron
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?
Nope
3. How old are you?
4. What's your gender?
Male
5. What's your sexual orientation?
Gay
6. How long have you known your orientation?
Dont know really, a while?
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?
Pretty much all of them (but i don't think im overly camp)
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?
Ofcourse
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?
Yep, since 14 and ****.
10. Do you know many LGBT people?
Yeah, but i'm not friends with them.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them?
Nope
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?
Nope
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically?
Nope
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?
Nope
15. What do you look for in a partner?
Good smile, funny, and tall.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad?
Yep
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad?
None worth noting
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere?
Nope, unless galleries count.
19. Name some fit famous people.
Matt Smith and Fred Herko
20. Show us your picture?
No :smile:, well maybe, if i'm asked then sure.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dbmag9
I got bored and wanted to redo the questionnaire, so it's now slightly less intrusive and doesn't assume a gender binary, among other things. Copy it into a post and answer as much or as little as you want. :woo:

TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name? It's not my real name, but just call me Mark.
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Any or all of the following- boredom, general interest and "just felt like it"- are applicable here.
3. How old are you? 17, turning 18 in a few weeks
4. What's your gender? Male
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay

6. How long have you known your orientation? Hard to say, probably since I was 15 or so?
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I try and take care of my appearance and have a very colourful taste in alcohol, that's about it. Absolutely despise stereotypes though, they just create hatred and disunity.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Very fortunately haven't experienced any thus far.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Yet I've been out to all my friends for the past few months. They've all been fine with it.

10. Do you know many LGBT people? Other than ones I met through TSR I know absolutely no LGBT males. I'm friends with a few bisexual women who I met at school.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Not yet, but I might well get involved in the LGBTSoc at my uni. I'm tempted to join just because it has a cool name: Imperial Queers (IQ).
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? No.
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Not my only political motivation, but I strongly feel that LGBT rights movements around the world are extremely important, and I would try and support them however I could.

14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yeah, I have been in a relationship with a guy I met on TSR for a few weeks now. Early days, but he's fantastic and everything I look for in a guy :colondollar:
15. What do you look for in a partner? Affectionate, caring person with similar interests to me- so someone who's quite nerdy and bookish. About 5'8'' or so and slim preferably. Long hair and tattoos are a big no-no.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? None so far, but that'll change soon.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? No.

18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? I can't cos I'm underage. And when I do turn 18 I'll probably just go to regular clubs. I'm not looking to meet anyone so I can't see any particular advantage of going to clubs targeted at LGB people.
19. Name some fit famous people. Jensen Ackles, Neil Patrick Harris, Milo Ventimiglia
20. Show us your picture? Afraid I can't, but don't worry, you ain't missing out on much :biggrin:

You should also check out the LGBT Chat Thread (not linked since we seem to get through a new thread every few months) where we chat about pretty much anything constantly.

I would post something witty here to fill the obligatory character requirement for this post, but alas I'm stumped :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by innerhollow
I would post something witty here to fill the obligatory character requirement for this post, but alas I'm stumped :colondollar:

:hi: Soon to be imperial student
Original post by crazylemon
:hi: Soon to be imperial student

When I heard the place was 70% male or something I knew I had to attend :cool: If you post on the Imperial forum you might see me on there a lot more in the next few weeks.
Original post by innerhollow
When I heard the place was 70% male or something I knew I had to attend :cool: If you post on the Imperial forum you might see me on there a lot more in the next few weeks.

:rofl:

I will take a look. I tend to pop into the accom thread to calm WHERE THE **** IS MY ACCOMMODATION nerves but not much more :p:
Hiya. :cute:

TSRLGBTSQII1. What's your name? Vay
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Out of boredom and sincere curiosity. :cookie:
3. How old are you? 20, but 12 at heart.
4. What's your gender? Maleish
5. What's your sexual orientation? Bi-sexual - but I've always thought if there was an alien I was attracted to... *drifts away*
6. How long have you known your orientation? Nearly all my life or when I started to think about sex. I've never been picky.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I'm not sure what that would be, so... possibly?
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Oh yes! Not on my part, but against me. :mmm: The best way to deal with it - to quote Stephen Fry - would be to say "D-don't touch me, i'll get an erection!"
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? No-one has really cared if i'm gay or straight or anything else and neither have I really. :yep: Still human after all.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Oh yes. Sooooo much. London nightlife is amazing isn't it? :biggrin:
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Yes, I actually thought I was part of this one before I realised I was thinking of a different forum site. :giggle: Some people were extremely... passionate about their security. It was adorable.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? If visiting Gay bars count as events, then yes, many times. :daydreaming:
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I don't involve myself with politics, usually.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Single.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone who will interest me. Someone who can take a fair bit of teasing too. :mmm:
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Oh yes, and very good.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Oh yes, and very good. :mmm:
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? GAY. Black Caps. Streets of Soho.
19. Name some fit famous people. hm. Hugh Laurie. Stephen Fry. David Tennant. Alex Kingston. Michelle Yeoh. Karen Gillan. Adele. Ellie Goulding.
20. Show us your picture? That'll do lad, that'll do.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 114
1. What's your name? Alex
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Make friends :O
3. How old are you? 18
4. What's your gender? Male
5. What's your sexual orientation? Gay
6. How long have you known your orientation? Ages ;o I always had a crush on this guy at primary school but i guess my first real guy crush was year 8 in high school
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? No..i hope x3
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Not really.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? I was out to my high school in year 9, My parents, family etc don't know. My friends do.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? No
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? No
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? :s Dunno?
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? No ;c
15. What do you look for in a partner? A kind and loving person who loves cuddles, to talk, maybe some games? And cute! :3
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yeah, Was okay.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? no
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? no, no.
19. Name some fit famous people. Justin Bieber! x3 I dunno :s I don't follow any famous kinda things.
20. Show us your picture? sigh. http://oi56.tinypic.com/21958pj.jpg i guess?
1. What's your name?Sean
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for?No, just a bit of fun I suppose
3. How old are you?18
4. What's your gender?Male
5. What's your sexual orientation?Gay
6. How long have you known your orientation?I suppose early teens? I don't really remember not knowing if that's any use...
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes?Hmmmm.... I'm not camp. I hate the term 'straight-acting' but I suppose as a stereotype that's the one that most fits
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia?A few jokes from my friends and stuff, but I wouldn't say I've had anything offensive, or even bad. Everyone's been quite supportive ( I only came out recently)
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react?To an extent, I've told most of my friends, and I suppose it's pretty common knowledge in my social circle. Haven't told my parents, or changed it on my Facebook or anything. People I've told have reacted well, been supportive and I feel I get along better with certain people now.
10. Do you know many LGBT people?No. I do know LGB (no T that I'm aware of) people, but they're not really people I speak to much. All the gay guys I know are really camp, and that's not something I really connect with.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No, I'm not even really aware of any locally
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they?as above
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? To an extent. I wouldn't ever consider it to be a high priority though
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long?nope
15. What do you look for in a partner? Don't know, wouldn't really say I'm experienced enough to have a 'type'
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yeah, a couple of times. Can't really remember much about it IMO :colondollar:
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Nope
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Sometimes when my (straight) friends decide that the club we're in is too ****e, we end up going to C.C Blooms in Edinburgh which is AWFUL. seriously, don't go. We only go there because you don't have to pay to get in and the clientele of predatory old men guarantees a steady supply of free drinks.
19. Name some fit famous people. Cesc Fabregas, Adil Rami
20. Show us your picture? don't have a clue how to do that on TSR :colondollar:. I'd pm someone my facebook if they're really that curious though :tongue:
1. What's your name? Alex
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Nothing in particular, just to chat to people really and make some new friends.
3. How old are you? 18
5. What's your sexual orientation? Bi.
6. How long have you known your orientation? For a good while but recently I've been more certain ... if that makes sense haha.
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? I've always been one of the boys, but that's about it.
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Considering no one knows, no haha.
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? Nope, and although my parents have an idea that I am, I'm not planning to anytime soon.
10. Do you know many LGBT people? Yeah, I know quite a few.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? Nope, but hopefully when I go to uni.
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? Nope
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? I don't get involved in politics but I think everyone should be treated equally and Gay marriage should be legalised.
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Unfortunately no.
15. What do you look for in a partner? Someone who makes me laugh and someone who doesn't mind spending nights in bed watching films.
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yeah, good.
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yeah, good.
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? I don't go out on the LGB scene because well I don't have many people that would come with, but I've been to canal street once, which was good.
19. Name some fit famous people. Hayley Williams (met her, oh god it was awesome)
Lily Loveless
Mila Kunis
Kat Von D
Jessie J
1. What's your name? Jess
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? Not particulary
3. How old are you? 20
5. What's your sexual orientation? Lesbian
6. How long have you known your orientation? 9 months
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? No
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? Yes
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? People were NOT suprised...WHY?!
10. Do you know many LGBT people? A fair few.
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? No, I'd like to though
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? No
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? Yes, perhaps
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? Yes, 9 months :wink:
15. What do you look for in a partner?
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? Yes, very good!
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? Yes...very poor
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? Not really, Riverside Tavern in Strood?
19. Name some fit famous people. Lara Croft- not Angelina Jolie...I mean the cartoon :l
20. Show us your picture?
Reply 118
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
1. What's your name? Lydia
2. Is there anything in particular you've come to the TSRLGBTS for? no
3. How old are you? 16, almost 17
4. What's your gender? female
5. What's your sexual orientation? bisexual
6. How long have you known your orientation? since i was 14
7. Do you feel like you fit any orientation-related stereotypes? no
8. Have you experienced any homo- or transphobia? not really
9. Are you out? For how long, or are you planning to? If you are, how did people react? yes, fine
10. Do you know many LGBT people? a few
11. Have you been involved in any LGBT organisations or societies? What did you think of them? no
12. Have you been to any LGBT events? How were they? no
13. Do LGBT considerations influence you politically? yes
14. Are you in a relationship? If so, for how long? no
15. What do you look for in a partner? inspiration
16. Have you had any sexual experiences with the same gender? Good or bad? kind of, mediocre
17. Have you had any sexual experiences with another gender? Good or bad? kind of, good
18. Do you go out on the 'scene' (LGB clubs and bars) much? Can you recommend anywhere? no, gay village in manchester
19. Name some fit famous people. Ellen Degeneres, Megan Mullally, Eric McCormack, Katherine Moening, Leisha Hailey, Sean Hayes
20. Show us your picture? No

YOU LIKE THE L WORD !!! :biggrin: I've never met anyone else who watches it.

Sorry I just got a little excitede when I saw Katherine Moening and Leisha Hailey on your list :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by Jess1106
YOU LIKE THE L WORD !!! :biggrin: I've never met anyone else who watches it.

Sorry I just got a little excitede when I saw Katherine Moening and Leisha Hailey on your list :smile:

I also like The L Word - apart from the last season which I like to pretend didn't happen.

Quick Reply

Latest