The Student Room Group

Psychology application?

Is it possible to apply for Psychology course's without actually doing a psychology a level?

I've done Biology, Business studies, ICT Btec and History. Biology does overlap into it at parts, but isnt exactly a psychology course.
Original post by TheDubs

Original post by TheDubs
Is it possible to apply for Psychology course's without actually doing a psychology a level?

I've done Biology, Business studies, ICT Btec and History. Biology does overlap into it at parts, but isnt exactly a psychology course.

You will need to check the entrance requirements for each university. From what I know of psychology applications, most universities do not require it at A level to study the course and many would prefer traditional A levels instead. Some will ask for 1 of the A levels to be a science or mathematics, with biology strongly preferred, so you will meet those requirements.
Reply 2
That's absolutely fine :smile: most places will require an A Level science so Biology will fit that requirement. It is definitely not a requirement to have studied Psychology before :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Pheebs1201
That's absolutely fine :smile: most places will require an A Level science so Biology will fit that requirement. It is definitely not a requirement to have studied Psychology before :smile:

Ahh nice one. My ****e A-levels 1, psychology 0.

Just out of interest, do you think my Btec short course in IT will devalue my application. I dropped history for the second year. If you can answer no worries, just wondering if any of your friends are in the same situation - ive had so much stick from mates about picking the BTEC course that its worried me :confused:. Jesus i have a lot of worries.
Reply 4
Original post by TheDubs
Ahh nice one. My ****e A-levels 1, psychology 0.

Just out of interest, do you think my Btec short course in IT will devalue my application. I dropped history for the second year. If you can answer no worries, just wondering if any of your friends are in the same situation - ive had so much stick from mates about picking the BTEC course that its worried me :confused:. Jesus i have a lot of worries.

I think the best thing to do would be to email all of the universities you are considering and see what they say. If there are any ****ers who say they won't be happy then you'll know not to waste a space on UCAS applying there :smile: but seeing as youre taking biology a level i think that will support your application :smile: make sure you have a killer PS and you'll be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest