The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Fitzwilliam College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Fossi2
Hey im a Fitz applicant (geography) I loved the collge and the ppl but the interviews i had weren't great:mad: , so i probs won't get an offer. Btw is anyone else applying for geography at fitz?.

hey! i'm a geog applicant:smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 61
How did u find the interview?
+ what are the odds we both choose the same colleges and courses at durham and cambridge.
Reply 62
Fossi2
How did u find the interview?
+ what are the odds we both choose the same colleges and courses at durham and cambridge.

It's sooo hard to tell!!! I don't think they went too badly, definately better than what i was expecting. At the end I felt I'd done well - but that was probably just relief at it being over! i've got a feeling that I will be rejected...:frown:
Sorry to here your interviews didn't go well...What makes you think they went badly? Anyway, good luck with the outcome! :smile:

It is a bit of a coincidence we applied to the exact same colleges... I also see you've applied to Bristol. Just out of interest, when did you recieve the decision?
Reply 63
Looking back on it now i know i said some stupid things. I couldn't name a certain type of map when they asked me even when they gave me the first two letters of the word, it was painful. It wasn't all bad i really enjoyed the second interview on the third world paper.
And i should have read the paper on sea level more than once:eek: .
I got my rejection from bristol about a month ago. Just out of interest what other A-levels are you doing and are u a physical or a human geographer.

Good luck with bristol,cambridge and the rest of your choices:smile: .
Bristol would have been my second choice but now ill think ill end up at the LSE.
Reply 64
That's exactly what happened with me...:eek:

I prefer the human side, although all geography is interesting!:p: the cambridge course looks really great! especia;;y the 3rd year paper options.
As well as geography, i'm studying history and french and i did an AS in art. If you're intersted i got 4 A's at AS and i'm predicted 3 A's for A2.
I'm being really impatient about the Cambridge decision and hearing from Durham and Bristol lol! I know Durham could take ages but I should've heard from Bristol by now. :s-smilie::s-smilie: Is it a good sign i haven't been rejected yet?
Reply 65
I think its definately a good sign you haven't had a decision letter from bristol shows they think your probably good enough but they're waiting for all the possible applicants before they send you an offer:smile: . Impatient, you have no idea, Im just getting through it one day at a time lol.

Although i got three B's at As so i've little chance anyway so i don't know why I'm fretting. I got a 3A prediction but it counts for little at cambridge. Im doin geography, maths and biology i did physics for AS.

Do u know when durham send out their decisions?
hey guys just wanted 2 say byes i withdrew my application a few weeks ago was fed up of not hearing anything :smile: good luck everyone with ur applications .. have fun at fitz.. i liked it there.. im off to royal holloway grades permitting:biggrin: Sunny Egham and gna live in a castle.. no really i am!!!! ITS AMAZIN!!!!
awww, ok! Best of luck!
Reply 68
Fossi2
Do u know when durham send out their decisions?

I have no idea, although they do tend to be a bit slower in the admissions process than other places.

I just recieved a conditional offer from bristol :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: woohoo!!!!!!!
Reply 69
Congrats , Im jealous nuff said
Reply 70
prinzessin1988
hey guys just wanted 2 say byes i withdrew my application a few weeks ago was fed up of not hearing anything :smile: good luck everyone with ur applications .. have fun at fitz.. i liked it there.. im off to royal holloway grades permitting:biggrin: Sunny Egham and gna live in a castle.. no really i am!!!! ITS AMAZIN!!!!

hey, i cant believe u still hadnt heard nethin,,, did u try to contact fitz. maybe they lost ur application... gd luck newayz
Reply 71
Good luck everyone.
Reply 72
Well my brother doesn't use TSR, LOL but he got into Fitz this morning for medicine. His offer was 3 As in Bio, chem and maths. He does a fourth A level in art, which I guess he's gonna drop. He is bloody surprised to get in, BMAT score was 19.8 and he got 4As at AS and 8A* 3A at GCSE. Goodluck to all of you who are still waiting for your letter.
Reply 73
I'm not in so won't be seeing any of you there. I'd like to know how the rest of you got on. Maybe I'll see some of you somewhere else.

Congrats to your brother. He's gets to chop up dead people, the medicine folk I talked to at the interviews seemed to enjoy it.
Reply 74
I'm in for Fitz for Engineering, any other? ^^
Reply 75
Pooled from fitz for geography which is a shame cos i think fitz is one of the best colleges.
Reply 76
got rejected for chem eng.. good luck to ya all,
Reply 77
I am going up for an intervew (pooled by St. John's) for Law this Friday.

Don't know much about Fitzwilliam, except its completely different to John's, and very friendly. Can anyone fill me in on what it's all about?

Sam
Reply 78
Fitz is very different to Johns as you say, especially building wise lol. We're 5 to 10 minutes cycle from the Law faculty, or you can get the bus from down by Churchill which literally takes a couple of minutes to get to the faculty. Takes about the same time to get into the centre of town; not exactly central but you learn to deal with it. We have our own law library which is pretty (read very) dated in terms of decor but can be a good place to work as not many people go in there. Buttery food is fine. plenty of people eat two meals a day there so it can't be that bad.

Give me a pm if you want to know anything else.
Reply 79
The title says it all really :biggrin:

Quick Reply