The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Fitzwilliam College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I got an offer at Fitz through the pool to study English. :biggrin: Hopefully I'm going to visit soon just to get a feel for the college, I'm very excited!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 81
Congratulations and nice to meet you.
I think the college is great. I Hope you like the place. :smile:
Reply 82
just thought I'd introduce myself. I got an offer to read law today through the pool from Fitz. Loved the college when I visited, so properly chuffed!

Sam
Reply 83
Congratulations Sam and Josh.
Looking forward to meeting yous.
Reply 84
Nothing to add, just didn't like seeing fitz at the bottom of the page, especially as it's below Churchill
Reply 85
Anyone going to one of the open days (April 21st/May 5th)?

Sam
Reply 86
I'm going April 21st. I've an offer for Law (Double Maitrise). I'm Grahame from Newcastle by the way.
Reply 87
Congratz on your offer. As far as I know we don't have anyone doing the DM at the moment but it's a good course; two degrees in four years isn't bad! Any questions about law feel free to ask. I'm only a first year but I can try my best to answer any questions you have.
can you do educational studies at fitz, becuase my teacher told me to apply to fitz becuase he things that will be good for me or something. but i cant see it on the site that they do that course ther. im a little confused! help!
i think they only do the educational stuff at homerton.....i hav no idea really, but that's what i think.
Reply 90
samwaudby
Anyone going to one of the open days (April 21st/May 5th)?

Sam

I'll be there on the 5th hopefully, i have knee surgery on the 1st though, so its a bit iffy whether i'll make it.
Reply 91
I've been offered 3A's for Engineering at Fitz, not gonna bother with the open days, but hopefully will fill the grades needed and see some of you guys there in october :wink:
Reply 92
hi qczhao, there are lots of great engineers at fitz - look forward to seeing you. good luck.
Reply 93
To the person who was asking about Education Studies: yes, it is available at Fitz. The College accepts applications for all variants of the Education Studies course. More information, including the list of colleges that offer the subject, can be found here: http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/education/index.html.
Reply 94
Is there anyone who can tell me more about life in fitz? I'm considering to apply to fitz, but I hope to hear from current student in fitz about life in there..
Reply 95
You'll have to be a little more specific! Do you want to know about the social life, accommodation, food, clubs and societies...or all of the above?
Reply 96
fitzbilly
You'll have to be a little more specific! Do you want to know about the social life, accommodation, food, clubs and societies...or all of the above?

I'm sorry for the vague question. Ya. Basically I would like to know all of the above. Or anything that makes fitz special compared to other colleges?
Reply 97
yo! i havent been on this site for yonks! im a...soon to be 2nd year...medic. so in my boredom at home, as life is not nearly as entertaining as up at fitz, i might as well answer any qus that pop up!

erm...accomodation...pretty expensive compared to other colleges that are richer than us i must admit. but the first years are all together on one court, so its much easier to get to know everyone! I like buttery food, despite what most ppl say! you can always cook for urself anyways. no oven tho, sorry bakers. clubs and soc...theres one for everything! if its not there its at uni level...if anyones into hockey, the hockey club is awesome at fitz, v social. and plus we do prettty well! girls hockey one a tournament against oxford and durham and other cambridge colleges. that was in dublin. we have a great mens 1st team for rowing...erm...football and cricket we're quite good at too...theres 1 badminton court at fitz. open on weds. theres loadsa music at fitz...fitz is well known for its barbershop. and as for social life..the bar is getting redone at some point right now its a bit dingy. i happen to be entz officer for fitz with one of my mates, and i can tell you we put on an awesome entz...we had annie mac last time! :biggrin: ill see y'all at freshers week...if you come to fitz no doubt u'll see me there. xxx
Thao! whens next soundcheck?
Reply 99
Are there any other 2008 applicants for Fitzwilliam around yet? Or am I the only one stupid/amazing/out-of-my-tiny-mind (delete as applicable) enough to be doing the choral award early applicant route (assuming my referee actually sends my application off in time *dies*)?

I've fallen head-over-heels in love with the college. I'm not sure why. There's just something about it. Trying not to want it tooooo much.

I'm applying for Music. Yay! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest