The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Fitzwilliam College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Hi to all those that applied to Fitzwilliam.
Post anything about Fitzwilliam here.

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm a Fresher there.
What did you apply for?
It's a cool college, well chosen!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Applied there, wasn't my own choice, didn't particularly like the place, got rejected, Manchester awaits

Abrupt story lol
Reply 3
Hello everybudy...I applied to Fitz..got an offer for Law just today!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hey....me an economist.

Fitz is great. Why do people keep saying its the worst college?
Reply 5
bluebird
Hey....me an economist.

Fitz is great. Why do people keep saying its the worst college?

Who said that? Fitz is one of the best. It is the official Cambridge admission office, just like capital of a country. Fitz is a newly built college with nice and beautiful garden...The only bad thing about fitz is that it is situated outside (far away) from most of the department anyway What is your bicycle used for?
Reply 6
thought i might as well start a thread so we can get to know each other, although there doesn't seem to be very many fitz applicants this year...

anywho....what subject is everyone applying for? when are your interviews? how is the preparation going?

p.s. im applying for economics myself, interview on 12th dec

look forward to hearing your responses!
ahh crap if they're having the unterviews that late i won't be able to see and proceed to frighten any interviewees. shame.
Reply 8
lol when does your term end?

i was looking forward to having a chat with some current students. o well.
Reply 9
hey, my interview is on the 8th- for chem eng @ fitz
lol! hey suba, I knows it's you! Great party last night we were both totally mashed. good luck with fitz eco. matt b
o sorry wrong person lol
Reply 12
Armenian89
lol! hey suba, I knows it's you! Great party last night we were both totally mashed. good luck with fitz eco. matt b

excuse me? are you drunk?

anyway, hey TEE001 nice to meet you! how is your preparation going? i havent done much yet lol. btw how many interviews do you have? i've got two plus a TSA. (ouch!)
Reply 13
sub0
excuse me? are you drunk?

anyway, hey TEE001 nice to meet you! how is your preparation going? i havent done much yet lol. btw how many interviews do you have? i've got two plus a TSA. (ouch!)

Hey, i havent done a lot of preparation. i have no idea as to how to prepare, im just doing my normal revision( A2 modules) and i might have to do some AS revision as well, thats as much as i can,,, my school wont be able to help me in any way lol.
Reply 14
hiya. im applying for Economics at fitz also!! interview is on the 11th. i havent done much prep, going to finish reading a book, keep up to date with current affairs and go over AS things because im completely forgotten everything!!! to be honest i dont really think theres all that much prep you can do. oo and i want to have a little look at the TSA examples. not feeling very confident, how about you?
Reply 15
hey! good to meet you! i'm just trying to keep on top of current affairs at the moment so not done that much prep, although i have to go over a couple of books i mentioned on my personal statement again. tsa looks seriously hard, i'm not looking forward to that at all!

have u visited fitz before? if so, what's it like? just curious because i've haven't been there or to cambridge at all for that matter.
Reply 16
ive been to cambridge but not specifically fitz, but many say its a friendly college but is rather ugly! looks like your my competition!! not really looking forward to tsa either, 1hr and a half isnt it? i think i might be dead by the end of it. not really looking forward to my interview much, i seem very underprepare! ah! what subjects r u doing, and what are ur grades like?
Reply 17
yeh tsa seem like so much effort, i can't concentrate for that long lol!

for gcse's i got 5A*s 7As, i did maths, physics, chemistry and economics for AS, got AAAA. i've dropped physics, but have taken up AS further maths this year. What about you?

lol i may be competition but i'm not sure if cambridge is the right place for me.
Reply 18
i got similar grades. 6A*s, 3As and a B. and did maths, further maths, physics and economics and got 4As, keeping them all for next year. u feeling nervous about your interview?
Reply 19
not too nervous yet lol, will be closer to the time though! i just hope i don't make a fool of myself in the interview! how are your nerves?

where else have you applied? and have you got any offers yet?

Quick Reply

Latest