The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Peterhouse (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just FYI, a friend of mine got rejected by Peterhouse for Maths, just incase anyone's counting.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hey I'm in for English- yay Mata we both got in how exciting...!
Also Epipyschidion- thanks for your great advice ; )
daddyiwantapony

:biggrin: Awesome.

As an aside, that means there's about a 1/3 chance that one of you will be calling me 'daddy' by this time next year. :smile:

(I assume you've heard of the 'college parents' system? Otherwise that last bit would probably be fairly disconcerting :wink:).
Reply 23
daddyiwantapony

ooh, what day were you there for interview? I doubt we've met, but it would be cool if we had.

The 'parent' system might explain why the two helpers were calling someone I knew their 'son'. Or maybe not... sudden thought, we don't actually have to call you 'daddy' do we? Because I'm sure I couldn't do that without cracking dirty jokes on the side. Honestly. :redface:
Mata
ooh, what day were you there for interview? I doubt we've met, but it would be cool if we had.

The 'parent' system might explain why the two helpers were calling someone I knew their 'son'. Or maybe not... sudden thought, we don't actually have to call you 'daddy' do we? Because I'm sure I couldn't do that without cracking dirty jokes on the side. Honestly. :redface:

Yes, it's a requirement. In the statutes and everything. I might condescend to 'pop' or 'pa', but if any child of mine dares attempt to transcend the parental boundaries, I'm telling Mr. Mandelbrote.
Reply 25
Epipsychidion
Yes, it's a requirement. In the statutes and everything. I might condescend to 'pop' or 'pa', but if any child of mine dares attempt to transcend the parental boundaries, I'm telling Mr. Mandelbrote.

Argh, you mentioned his name. I can accept calling someone 'pop', that seems casual and a little suave. Or not. Whichever.

I can tell I'm going to go to Peterhouse for a term, go back home and my mother will gasp, "Mata, what have they done to you!"
By the way, on the 'what have they done to you' theme, here's a link for people to our college magazine, The Sex. Just to confirm to everyone that they did indeed choose the coolest college ever.

Remember kids, it's not innuendo when there's no subtlety at all. :smile:

(Or it could possibly be named after our JCR, the Sex Club - abbreviated from 'Sexcentenary'. Possibly.)
Reply 27
*Looks up from past STEP papers*

Oh, I got an offer. Might see some of you in October if I'm lucky.

*Returns to STEP papers*
Reply 28
Well, seeing as all those past STEP papers paid off - just! - I thought I'd bump this thread! Who else is coming in October?
Reply 29
I am! Yay! Congratulations :smile:
Reply 30
Trundle
I am! Yay! Congratulations :smile:

You too!
Reply 31
I'm in too! Yay.

Excitement very short-lived. Reading list very long. Very long. Ovid, anyone?
Reply 32
Me too!

My reading list is pretty outrageously extensive, quite difficult to find the motivation to read all these "Introduction to some philosophy topic..." keep getting distracted by Philosophical Investigations and other such genuinely interesting books.

Anyway see you all in October, congratulations every-one!
Reply 33
I'm in too. I think I got a reading list...it said 'you might like to read one of these books...'. then suggested two books. But maybe another one has arrived since I left for Oz in mid july...
Reply 34
TCovenant
Me too!

My reading list is pretty outrageously extensive, quite difficult to find the motivation to read all these "Introduction to some philosophy topic..." keep getting distracted by Philosophical Investigations and other such genuinely interesting books.

Anyway see you all in October, congratulations every-one!

Excellent! Nice one! The letter was a bit scary, with all this 'I hope you have made a start on your reading list' and 'you should prepare extensively before coming up' etc. Luckily, maths doesn't have a proper reading list, just a couple of suggestions and an admonition to 'do not, whatever you do, allow yourself to become mathematically stale'.

Congrats to everyone else as well!
Reply 35
wanderer
Excellent! Nice one! The letter was a bit scary, with all this 'I hope you have made a start on your reading list' and 'you should prepare extensively before coming up' etc. Luckily, maths doesn't have a proper reading list, just a couple of suggestions and an admonition to 'do not, whatever you do, allow yourself to become mathematically stale'.

Congrats to everyone else as well!

I'm probably having a historian baby - could be Juan or Trundle :smile:
Epipsychidion
By the way, on the 'what have they done to you' theme, here's a link for people to our college magazine, The Sex. Just to confirm to everyone that they did indeed choose the coolest college ever.

Remember kids, it's not innuendo when there's no subtlety at all. :smile:

(Or it could possibly be named after our JCR, the Sex Club - abbreviated from 'Sexcentenary'. Possibly.)

Not plugging anything at all........

As far as parents go, if you're a lawyer or a medic then you've got the 1/8 chance of having the misfortune of having me as a dad....
afoneleri
I'm in too. I think I got a reading list...it said 'you might like to read one of these books...'. then suggested two books. But maybe another one has arrived since I left for Oz in mid july...

Don't pay too much attention to Ross-Russell's reading list. They might be interesting or useful for the course, but they probably aren't. Definatly not worth buying by any means.
Reply 38
Captain Crash
Not plugging anything at all........

As far as parents go, if you're a lawyer or a medic then you've got the 1/8 chance of having the misfortune of having me as a dad....

Who did you marry?
brunswick
Who did you marry?

Merav. We're such a loverly couple.........:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest