The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Peterhouse (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Hi,
Has anybody had a letter from Peterhouse? I am still waiting! Will it come tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I still havnt got my letter yet... which subject have you applied for? Medicine for me! :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Hey,
I've applied for Nat Sci (bio) and haven't got my letter. I rang them up and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone due to the data protection act. She also said that the letters were posted on saturday and that they should def be here tomoz. Gl , isn't peterhouse ace :smile:.
Reply 3
ive applied for law at peterhouse and got rly excited when the postman came this morning! but to no avail. there was no letter! when is it gonna comeee?
Reply 4
I have applied for History!

Hopefully letters will come tomorrow.
Reply 5
the weird thing is, my friend got his rejection letter today and he applied for medicine at peterhouse. :confused:
Reply 6
Hello all
I'm already at Peterhouse (1st year Engineer) so thought I better congratulate you for all applying for the best college in Cambridge :wink: and wish you good luck when the letters arrive! If you've got absolutely any questions just ask. There's a few Petreans around on TSR and I managed to meet 3 of my housmates through it. Last year I got my letter on 31st dec which was obviously good for me but led to one of my friends having a very bad New Year as he was rejected from Jesus and crashed his car in one day. Anyhow I digress. I think they did all the interviews slightly later this year, hence the delay.
Reply 7
my letter turned up this morning - offer for medicine!!

anyone else got a letter since this thread started?
Reply 8
Oh, I'm in for English.

My mum rang up their office yesterday: they can't tell anyone anything over the phone, however letters were sent out on Saturday. They should have arrived this morning for most people, but I guess it depends on the efficiency of your section of the postal service.
Reply 9
yeah i got my letter this morning too - pooled for law.
Reply 10
got my letter im in for natsci bio.
Mata
Oh, I'm in for English.

My mum rang up their office yesterday: they can't tell anyone anything over the phone, however letters were sent out on Saturday. They should have arrived this morning for most people, but I guess it depends on the efficiency of your section of the postal service.

Hooray. \o/

Well done you. I've been following your progress (it's as good a synonym of 'stalking' as any, I guess :p: ) from a discreet distance, and I'm really pleased for you that it's worked out. :smile:

In the same vein, good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet. I'm rooting for the lot of you. And Ed's right - it's all goin' down in the 'House, y'all. :cool:

Edit: I just noticed Wanderer got in too. \o/
Reply 12
Epipsychidion
Hooray. \o/

Well done you. I've been following your progress (it's as good a synonym of 'stalking' as any, I guess :p: ) from a discreet distance, and I'm really pleased for you that it's worked out. :smile:

In the same vein, good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet. I'm rooting for the lot of you. And Ed's right - it's all goin' down in the 'House, y'all. :cool:

Edit: I just noticed Wanderer got in too. \o/

Following my progress?! There are locks on the doors at Peterhouse, aren't there? :eek: No, I jest. Its always nice to have a stalker. Like an imaginary friend except... palpable.

Side note: I would love to know who else was made an offer, as there were only 8 of us there on the interview day. Does anyone know if this is a normal amount for English? And how many people will have got offers?
Following your progress through the wonderful world of TSR, I mean. :p: There are few enough potential Petreans here as it is, so you stuck out being an Englisher and all.

And I think they let in an average of 7 per year - there were only eight on your interview date because that's all the interviews they could fit in on that day. Rest assured there were other groups - I'm pretty sure it's done alphabetically. :smile:

Again, well done. :cool:
Reply 14
richardrox
I went to visit the Peterhouse Open day. I thought the accomadation looked fabulous and the food was absolutely fantastic, but the Admissions Tutor came across as a real bastard - is he like that all the time, or does Open Day put him in a bad mood? He was humiliating people who asked questions...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha, why doesn't that suprise me in the least? no, he's always like that. He interviewed me. I cried. :mad: Just ask any arts student at Peterhouse what they think of him :motz:
Reply 15
richardrox
I went to visit the Peterhouse Open day. I thought the accomadation looked fabulous and the food was absolutely fantastic, but the Admissions Tutor came across as a real bastard - is he like that all the time, or does Open Day put him in a bad mood? He was humiliating people who asked questions...

Oh I wouldn't worry about him. Actually don't know who he is or have ever spoken to him! The person I did talk to about my offer (when I failed to get the required STEP grade, ooops) was a very helpful Admissions secretary. To be honest, as at school, everyone ends up 'strongly disliking' at least one member of staff, whether it be in college or in the departament, but it's good to have a few scapegoats around!
Reply 16
Ed~D
Oh I wouldn't worry about him. Actually don't know who he is or have ever spoken to him! The person I did talk to about my offer (when I failed to get the required STEP grade, ooops) was a very helpful Admissions secretary. To be honest, as at school, everyone ends up 'strongly disliking' at least one member of staff, whether it be in college or in the departament, but it's good to have a few scapegoats around!

shush now scientist :p: you do know who he is! Tbh, he's not worth worrying about, I haven't had the displeasure of speaking to him whilst I've been here, he just lives in his lair. But the admissiosn secretary is indeed lovely :smile:

PS, I miss drinky-time.
Reply 17
Indeed, I need drinky-time! That's definitely something we will have to introduce all our fabulous freshers to :wink: ,hopefully with the help of grandpa Craig tehe.

Btw I'm not back until 15th, doesn't that suck :frown:
Reply 18
brunswick
hahahahahahahahahahahaha, why doesn't that suprise me in the least? no, he's always like that. He interviewed me. I cried. :mad: Just ask any arts student at Peterhouse what they think of him :motz:

He interviewed me this year, too. I cried, and am not ashamed to say it (but it was only for about three seconds and afterwards I ate a ton of chocolate). But some nice Peterhouse people reassured me. Weird - the next morning he smiled at me, so maybe he's not so bad.

I liked the porters though, they were funny.
I'm in for Engineering. And I had to be reassured by nice Peterhouse people, too.

Quick Reply

Latest