The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Does anyone know the no of pages for a CV most people say 2 but if the info content is great and u go to 4 would it adversely affect application bearing in mind the added info could work in ur favour PM me !
Reply 2
It's supposed to be two.You are supposed to keep it as concise as possible or employers get bored.Anyway,has anyone got the answer to my query?
Reply 3
pete77
Does anyone know the no of pages for a CV most people say 2 but if the info content is great and u go to 4 would it adversely affect application bearing in mind the added info could work in ur favour PM me !

I wouldn't make it as long as that unless there is a particularly important reason for doing it. Unless you have a lot of work experience, there is no reason why you can't fit everything into the standard two pages. It's better to be concise - if they like what they see, they will ask you for further details in an interview.

Just out of interest, how old are you and why do you feel you need such a long CV?
Reply 4
cherrychocolate
Does anyone know any good websites where I can look at model CVs?I'm just finishing mine and I want to have a point of reference for comparison as I'm not sure if I've done it 'right'.

Thanks. :smile:

Not sure if this is any good - I found it by looking at Wikipedia. Anyway, hopefully it will give you some ideas.
Reply 5
Ooh thanks,I'll have a look:biggrin:
Reply 6
I don't know of any websites, but there are quite alot of books about writing CVs, which will give you ideas of what to include and example of CVs as well. Don't know if you are at uni or college, but if you are they would have some in their careers library. Or if not, a public library would have books as well.
Reply 7
Seriously,why the hell did someone neg rep me for this thread?

Latest

Trending

Trending