The Student Room Group

The Pukhtoon Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by warrior-1
I am a quarter Pashtun - three quarters punjabi.

It doesn't matter if we are Pashtun, punjabi, balochi, Sindhi, Urdu speaking, Kashmiris.

We are Pakistanis and that what matters.

Zoya Khan - impressed with your knowledge :biggrin:

Wrong, well to a certain extent. The pashtuns who live within inner Pakistan may well consider being Pakistani but I think you have to point out the tribal ones, who are treated disgustingly by the Pakistanis who often shoot them or refuse to give documentation.

The Pashtuns right up by the borders live life according to their laws, for them to get identity when they travel out is actually very hard to from both Afghanistan and Pakistan as the borders are marked so awfully and pashtuns there often didn't and some still don't get documentation especially for women.

I mean I call myself an 'all over' pashtun. My grandmother was born in inner Afghanistan possibly Herat, my grandfather born in what was Afghanistan before the region became disputed, my other grandfather either in inner Afghanistan or outer Afghanistan or is like my other grandfather and then my other grandmother I have no idea, but I do know she had a fondness for Pakistanis as she lived in Attock for a few years before emigrating.
Put aside the fact I'm just 'British' odds are if we'd never moved my grandparents would have upstix and decided to go join the majority of their village and that's right by the border, the people there are apparently treated like crap and many of them when wishing to travel have gone to the more sympathetic Afghan government rather the Pakistani government who apparently expect huge bribes/ are difficult/ unwilling to understand the inability to produce documentation.

So no offence, even though I'm a boring Brit, I think from hearing the experience of others a lot of Pashtuns don't consider themselves Pakistani and as Afghan law states if your parents are nationals you will be eligible for nationality many on the border are eligible for both and I know which one they'd rather take :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Khan_79
I didnt laugh this much for a very long time
Cheers for that

Actually I think you'll find most pashtuns find 'Pathan' derogatory, I'm not exactly the most in touch pashtun ever but if I know that then I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge. :smile:
Reply 42
95% of all Pashtuns stated in '47 that they wanted to be part of Pakistan!

Around 60 % of the Pashtun total population lives in Pakistan.

Pashtuns are the second largest ethnic group in Pakistan.

A large % of Pakistani leaders, generals have been Pashtuns.

In Afghanistan there are many ethnicitys that are anti- Pashtun.

Afghan Pashtuns support Pakistan.

My Pashtun grandfather, uncles died defending Pakistan/

There are problems in Pakistan for eg illegal drones but the ordinary Pakistan condems them as you could see from Imran Khans protests which attracted thousands from all ethnicity.

Pakistan Zindabad!
Reply 43
Original post by *Funky-buddha*
Actually I think you'll find most pashtuns find 'Pathan' derogatory, I'm not exactly the most in touch pashtun ever but if I know that then I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge. :smile:

Pathans was a derogatory term used by Sikhs, hindus against Pashtuns!
Pathans was a derogatory term used by Sikhs, hindus against Pashtuns!

Yes....

There are problems in Pakistan for eg illegal drones but the ordinary Pakistan condems them as you could see from Imran Khans protests which attracted thousands from all ethnicity.

Pakistan Zindabad!

The tribal borders were not included in that.
They have their own laws and both sides near the border are ruled by tribes whom have alliances or blood links/ links by marriage.
I think it says something when Afghanistan claims the territory, the one thing they and the Taliban seem to agree on and the Pakistani government only come with tanks and the like to kill pashtuns, before leaving.
It's quite disgusting that due to their lack of being able to mark and guard a border, they refuse to give documentation to border people.

The ones entitled to both nationalities support being left alone and not killed by the Pakistani military.

Pakistan has a racist political group killing pashtuns and telling the to get out of the country and that's for pashtuns who are Pakistanis. So yeah....

No offence but since you're 3/4 punjabi, you seem to be very unaware of a lot that goes on/ the culture.

I also, concur with what the other member 'Pakthun' said in reference to your other debate.
Reply 46
Brother - don't play the Pashtun being killed game.

ANP, MQM, PPP are creating the trouble with target killing.

No ethnicity is against each other but the political parties for their own benefits.

Anyway, am out - IMO the Pashtun areas of Afg and the whole of Pakistan should be merged togather.

I know the ground realitys - I been to these areas!

We need to create peace between ourselves after all we all are equal in the eyes of Allah!

Pakistan Zindabad!
Reply 47
Original post by prince_s9
I thought I was the only one who believed exactly that!

Welcome to the club:smile:
Btw he hasn't even got any good looks, let alone Pukhtoon ones. His nose is like a Pakora:biggrin:
Brother - don't play the Pashtun being killed game.

ANP, MQM, PPP are creating the trouble with target killing.

No ethnicity is against each other but the political parties for their own benefits.

Anyway, am out - IMO the Pashtun areas of Afg and the whole of Pakistan should be merged togather.

I know the ground realitys - I been to these areas!

We need to create peace between ourselves after all we all are equal in the eyes of Allah!

Pakistan Zindabad!

****ing MQM, PPP , PML-N, ANP and their gundhay in Karachi all need to be wiped out- you noticed how there is severe sectarian violence and target killings whenever democracy is in place?? I hope Kayani launches a coup and has these traitors executed.
Reply 49

It doesn't matter if we are Pashtun, punjabi, balochi, Sindhi, Urdu speaking, Kashmiris.

I guess you have a good sense of unity...
Reply 50
Original post by Inzamam99
****ing MQM, PPP , PML-N, ANP and their gundhay in Karachi all need to be wiped out- you noticed how there is severe sectarian violence and target killings whenever democracy is in place?? I hope Kayani launches a coup and has these traitors executed.

Military coup with Imran Khan stored as President, prime
Minister.

Unfortunately, tho kiyani is one of the most powerful
Man innthe world - he's on the dollars.

Dont worry folks - a massive revolution is coming inshallah.
Reply 51
Khan_79, are you so beghairat that you cannot counter my points? If that is the case then please do not post as it is spam.

You really think that referendum was valid? hahaha

As a result of the British carving a line through the Pashtun heartland to divide us.
But so what?

Again so what?

Sell-out Pashtuns who support the killing of their own people.

Can you prove this? No.

Biggest lie I have ever heard. ROFL.

They died defending a country that goes against the interests of Pashtuns.

Pakistan Zindabad!

What about the operations in the tribal regions?
What about the butchering of Pashtuns there by your own government?
It's bad when the Americans do it but when your government does it, it's ok??

Bro your government is working for America anyway....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12982127
April 6, 2011: Whitehouse reports criticizes Pakistani military for being ineffective (primarily in Waziristan, where the Haqqanis are hiding).

http://www.dawn.com/2011/04/08/50-militants-killed-in-mohmand-clashes.html
April 7, 2011: Pakistani army spokespeople report killing 50 people in Mohmand. No evidence is provided to prove that they were militants. No evidence is demanded by the Pakistani public and the Peshawari Pathans either.

Explain that for me please.
Why do you guys hate America so much but then always beg them for money to kill Pashtuns?
Reply 52

We are NOT Pakistanis.
We are AFGHANS.
Throughout history Pashtuns have been referred to as Afghans.
We are ethnic Afghans.

Before Pakistan what were we? Indians???
LOL.

Pull out your sword and slay any one, that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans

Khushal Khan Khattak (17th Century).

Do you even know about Pashtun history prior to Pakistan??
No of course not! Because that is not on the curriculum!
And before you deny this, I have been to Peshawar schools many times and I have seen for myself as well as friends who tell me this.
Reply 53
mann what isit with some pashtuns saying they are pakistanis? pakistan has only been a state for like 80 years, youv been afghans and pashtuns for much longer!! get a reality chek ppl
Reply 54
Original post by Pukhtun
Khan_79, are you so beghairat that you cannot counter my points? If that is the case then please do not post as it is spam.

You really think that referendum was valid? hahaha

As a result of the British carving a line through the Pashtun heartland to divide us.
But so what?

Again so what?

Sell-out Pashtuns who support the killing of their own people.
Can you prove this? No.
Biggest lie I have ever heard. ROFL.

They died defending a country that goes against the interests of Pashtuns.

What about the operations in the tribal regions?
What about the butchering of Pashtuns there by your own government?
It's bad when the Americans do it but when your government does it, it's ok??

Bro your government is working for America anyway....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12982127
April 6, 2011: Whitehouse reports criticizes Pakistani military for being ineffective (primarily in Waziristan, where the Haqqanis are hiding).

http://www.dawn.com/2011/04/08/50-militants-killed-in-mohmand-clashes.html
April 7, 2011: Pakistani army spokespeople report killing 50 people in Mohmand. No evidence is provided to prove that they were militants. No evidence is demanded by the Pakistani public and the Peshawari Pathans either.
Explain that for me please.
Why do you guys hate America so much but then always beg them for money to kill Pashtuns?

Yes the referendum was valid, no one forced the Pashtun Tribes to support the Pakistan Govt in operations in kashmir in 1947.

Pakistan is fighting terrorist, some are pasthun some are not.Tribes have welcomes the Army in every agency they have came, dont know which bigoted view you hold.Why are you getting all political.Tribal Operations are Launched when the people want them, in swat first a peace deal was singed that failed the people wanted military operation and they got one.

Pakistan govt works for america, its a shame so what ? so does the Afghan govt and 75% of governments around the world.It an an american puppet but with the support of the largely pashtun ANP coalition which is coalition.but sensible people dont bring politics down to race ethnicity

Butchering pashtuns ? what about the 100s of people(including pashtun if you care about that ) the Taliban have killed.

Haqqani is a pashtun.White House also said Afghan civilians dont die in air strikes.
Pakistan Army on 2 occasion in 10 years has hit civilians by mistake compared to 100 a year by NATO in Afghanistan

Original post by Pukhtun
We are NOT Pakistanis.
We are AFGHANS.
Throughout history Pashtuns have been referred to as Afghans.
We are ethnic Afghans.

Before Pakistan what were we? Indians???
LOL.

Pull out your sword and slay any one, that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans

Khushal Khan Khattak (17th Century).
Do you even know about Pashtun history prior to Pakistan??
No of course not! Because that is not on the curriculum!
And before you deny this, I have been to Peshawar schools many times and I have seen for myself as well as friends who tell me this.

Pashtuns , afghans who cares ? everyone is human.
Before Pakistan, pashtun where what ever they wanted to be, some lived in British Raj others lived in self governing principality states . India was created after 1947

Wow some mass conspiracy going on in pakistani school :s. Pakistan History is focusses on past 60 years , just like British History focusses on WW2

Durrand Line is a international border, it may have been drawn by a person, just like the German Polish border and the French German border. All Borders are artificial.

Pakistan is a nation, Pashtuns are a ethinic group.the first PM of Pakistan was Pashtun.

Why do Afghans pretend that Pashuns in Pakistan cant wait to become afghani.Afghanistan is just as multi ethnic as Pakistan

A Thread about Pukhtoon Society hijacked by small minded politics
Reply 55
Afghan , Indians impersonating Pakistani Pashtuns to cause ethnic hatred lol

The people of Pakistan love our Pashtun brothers.

Ask Pakistani Pashtuns whether they want to merge with Afghanistan - they would say NO.

I love Afghanistan as a Muslim country but the Pakistani Pashtun do not want to be part of this backward country.
Reply 56

Afghan Indians lol.
Ethnic hatred? Says the one who says Afghans hate Pashtuns lol
Munafiq.

I was born in Afghanistan. You nationalists always bring in your stupid Pak v India battles into everything.
That does not concern Pashtuns.

I am not saying many don't. You claim that the non-Pashtuns living in Afghanistan hate us but the "people of Pakistan" don't? lol

Pro Pakistan Propaganda.

Ask Pakistani Pashtuns whether they want to merge with Afghanistan - they would say NO.

I am not asking them to.

I love Afghanistan as a Muslim country but the Pakistani Pashtun do not want to be part of this backward country.

The Muslim card :rolleyes:
Can never talk with a Pakistani without that being brought up.
Why is it backward? Is it because your government and ISI sponsored the Taliban to keep us backward so that Pakistani interestes are served there? I think so.
Reply 57
Original post by Mikl6969
Yes the referendum was valid, no one forced the Pashtun Tribes to support the Pakistan Govt in operations in kashmir in 1947.

Pakistan is fighting terrorist, some are pasthun some are not.Tribes have welcomes the Army in every agency they have came, dont know which bigoted view you hold.Why are you getting all political.Tribal Operations are Launched when the people want them, in swat first a peace deal was singed that failed the people wanted military operation and they got one.

Pakistan govt works for america, its a shame so what ? so does the Afghan govt and 75% of governments around the world.It an an american puppet but with the support of the largely pashtun ANP coalition which is coalition.but sensible people dont bring politics down to race ethnicity

Butchering pashtuns ? what about the 100s of people(including pashtun if you care about that ) the Taliban have killed.

Haqqani is a pashtun.White House also said Afghan civilians dont die in air strikes.
Pakistan Army on 2 occasion in 10 years has hit civilians by mistake compared to 100 a year by NATO in Afghanistan

Pashtuns , afghans who cares ? everyone is human.
Before Pakistan, pashtun where what ever they wanted to be, some lived in British Raj others lived in self governing principality states . India was created after 1947

Wow some mass conspiracy going on in pakistani school :s. Pakistan History is focusses on past 60 years , just like British History focusses on WW2

Durrand Line is a international border, it may have been drawn by a person, just like the German Polish border and the French German border. All Borders are artificial.

Pakistan is a nation, Pashtuns are a ethinic group.the first PM of Pakistan was Pashtun.

Why do Afghans pretend that Pashuns in Pakistan cant wait to become afghani.Afghanistan is just as multi ethnic as Pakistan

A Thread about Pukhtoon Society hijacked by small minded politics

Ok it is 3 in the morning.
I will just summarise.

I do not support the Taliban (because they are largely controlled by your government and your ISI and they work against the intersts of the Pashtuns).
I do not support the Afghan government because they also work against the interests of the Pashtuns.
I do not support the Pakistani government for the same reason.
The durrand line was not drawn with the consent of the Pashtuns.
The Pashtuns living along that line do not recognise it and the Pashtuns of Afghanistan do not recognize it. In fact all of the past Afghan governments have never recognized it. Pashtun tribes live on both sides. Families live on both sides. They pass by freely. If anyone supports this line then you support the division of these Pashtuns.
I know Afghanistan is multi-ethnic and I know that Pakistan is multi-ethnic.
Pashtuns have been known as Afghans for many many years.
So to say 'we are all Pakistani' is ignoring this fact.
I was born in Wardak. I do not consider myself Pakistani. I am an ethnic Afghan. Any Pashtun in Pakistan or anywhere in the world is also an ethnic Afghan.
That is our identity. If anyone denies that then they are denying history.
And how am I bigoted? I want the best for my people. I talk against people who support those who work against our interests. I have nothing against any ethnic group or any religion.

I do not make such statements if people such as "warrior-1" do not make such statements. This is not a political thread. So no political talk! Can we agree on that?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 58
Listen.
This is not Pakistani Society.
This is not Afghan Society. <--- Well actually ethnically it is but i'm talking nationality-wise :smile:
This is not Indian Society.
This is Pukhtoon Society.

No more talk about pro-Pakistan (or pro-Afghanistan).
Let us talk about things that unite us.

Ze na pyegum che da dwa khalaq be pakhto ghagedalay shi kana.
E thosey rozha tsenge thereegi? Pa khair?
(edited 12 years ago)

The ones by the border still mostly are, able to claim Afghan nationality if they so wished as if your parent is born in Afghanistan you are eligible for Afghan nationality, period. The tribals love life by the border, they're equadistance from Pakistani and Afghan cities, pay no taxes and live by their own laws and 'Pakistanis' are the butt of many of their jokes.

No offence but you're punjabi/Pakistani :s-smilie:
I suppose if you could speak pashto you'd have a stronger case for what you say otherwise how in the world do you communicate with those pashtuns who only speak pashtu?

I respect your choice but I don't feel it's representative at all as you're punjabi :smile:

But khair, I'm a boring brit and I'm assuming you're a dual nationality Pakistani Brit? But either way British so how's the weather? :P
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending