The Student Room Group

The Pukhtoon Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Inzamam99
Yeah :smile:, I only understand bits of it but it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Got introduced to it in the most random way as well- by a drunk friend at a house party just the other night. I wanna learn how to speak Pashto one day, it comes across as a really flowing and melodious language :biggrin:

Beautiful it is:smile:
Well one can only learn a language by staying in an environment where it is spoken. I think that is the only way to learn a language well.
:lol: I also came across it in a similar weird way:biggrin: An anonymous person sent it to me via bluetooth. I know that person was in the room(and the room was full of people as we were having a party)
Reply 121
Yeah :smile:, I only understand bits of it but it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Got introduced to it in the most random way as well- by a drunk friend at a house party just the other night. I wanna learn how to speak Pashto one day, it comes across as a really flowing and melodious language :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing man, I've been looking for this song since I heard it in many family weddings in Pakistan lol

Pashto is easy to pick up if you try, its just pronounciation that's hard imo especially if it's not your first language
Original post by jayman
Thanks for sharing man, I've been looking for this song since I heard it in many family weddings in Pakistan lol

Pashto is easy to pick up if you try, its just pronounciation that's hard imo especially if it's not your first language

Yeah, it's not too bad actually and you can always put on a fake accent if need be :wink:

yawa zhaba heskla bus nada :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 123
Original post by Zoya Khan
Beautiful it is:smile:
Well one can only learn a language by staying in an environment where it is spoken. I think that is the only way to learn a language well.
:lol: I also came across it in a similar weird way:biggrin: An anonymous person sent it to me via bluetooth. I know that person was in the room(and the room was full of people as we were having a party)
I was thinking it would be nice to merge this thread with "The Afghan Society". Any Thoughts?
:redface: I didn't know we had a pashtun society? <3

Pakhayr everyone..

That song Qarar ^^ diira kheysta da he he
Original post by I<3Gul
:redface: I didn't know we had a pashtun society? <3

Pakhayr everyone..

That song Qarar ^^ diira kheysta da he he

Pikheyr, khwakh shum pa li do di?

Great song, sorry if my Pashto's rubbish btw, I'm Punjabi you see :colonhash:
Pikheyr, khwakh shum pa li do di?

Great song, sorry if my Pashto's rubbish btw, I'm Punjabi you see :colonhash:

Tenu sharam ni ondi pashto bhol ne ke liye he he jokes I understand punjabi too! :smile:
I only speak it with my best friends gran and she LOVES it cos the words I don't know I add Pashto and English in he he :biggrin:

Aww dira Kha va ow da video zuma khwakha wa zuka chi kula na kula dusi kharaabi videos e Pashto sanduroo vee chi akhpal family sa nushi kaatul.. :/
Original post by I<3Gul
Tenu sharam ni ondi pashto bhol ne ke liye he he jokes I understand punjabi too! :smile:
I only speak it with my best friends gran and she LOVES it cos the words I don't know I add Pashto and English in he he :biggrin:

Aww dira Kha va ow da video zuma khwakha wa zuka chi kula na kula dusi kharaabi videos e Pashto sanduroo vee chi akhpal family sa nushi kaatul.. :/

Woah, thair wi ja merai pra- pretty much didn't understand a word of that Pashto... something about the video I posted, something about it being dodgy and something about your family being killers?! :confused: I'am sure I've probably translated it horribly wrong haha.

I love how you switched from Punjabi to Urdu at the end of that sentence, I'm in a similar situation- my parents speak Urdu to me but Punjabi between themselves and the rest of the family converse in Punjabi as well. I always feel a touch out of my comfort zone switching from Urdu to Punjabi but it's such a crisp language especially when you're telling someone off.

As far as Pashto goes, we used to have these lovely neighbors from Mardan and me and their son used to be best friends and I picked up some stuff from him. Ahh those were good times. Inshallah, one day maybe I'll be fluent.

Your username can only mean you're a fellow cricket fan right?!
Reply 128
Original post by Liptease
I was thinking it would be nice to merge this thread with "The Afghan Society". Any Thoughts?

Pashtuns and Afghans are two different sets of people.
Reply 129
Original post by ak137
Not if your Afghan. But your right I hadn't considered the Pakistanis. :colondollar:
Reply 130
Not if your Afghan. But your right I hadn't considered the Pakistanis. :colondollar:

Are you a Pastun? :smile:

Pastuns don't consider themselves Afghan or Pakistanis.
Reply 131
Original post by ak137
Are you a Pastun? :smile:

Pastuns don't consider themselves Afghan or Pakistanis.
I'm ethnically Pashtun; Khel Durrani---->Sardozi.

I describe myself as Afghan-American.
Reply 132
I'm ethnically Pashtun; Khel Durrani---->Sardozi.

I describe myself as Afghan-American.

Ill pretend to know what you mean :colondollar:

Haha :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by ak137
Ill pretend to know what you mean :colondollar:

Haha :smile:
Clan--->Tribe. Not that is matters in the west. :wink:
Reply 134

Yup. Positive thoughts:biggrin: It's a good idea.
Reply 135
im pathan. where abouts are you lot from? england or abroad?
Reply 136
Original post by puktana
im pathan. where abouts are you lot from? england or abroad?

Sorry for that late reply :redface: I'm having net problems.

I'm originally from Afghanistan but have my connections in Pakistan due to long time immigration.

I live in the Middle East and life's pretty cool here:cool:
What about you?
Reply 137
Its ok :-) i was born and brought up in england and im from swat in pakistan. nice thread u started here for us lol :-)
Original post by kayjay
Why ? If many generations have lived in a country, then naturally they will be pro that country. Just as most people in the UK who are different nationalities ethnicities etc still like and support the UK.

Do you lol @ Pro-UK Pashtuns? or Pro-insert country/town/village/ Pashtuns.

Many pashtuns have no direct link back to Afghanistan and therefore while they have a connection through the past back, it is hard to be totally connected to the country and not support others. Also how far back do you go in terms of originality, if in fact pashtuns are actually originally from some place other than Afghanistan should all people start to support and be pro that country?

Why would one be "pro" to a country that currently enforces a British made border seperating brother from brother?
Original post by ak137

"Pull out your sword and slay any one, that says Pashtun and Afghan are not one! Arabs know this and so do Romans: Afghans are Pashtuns, Pashtuns are Afghans." - Khushal Khan Khattak

All Pashtuns are "Ethnically" Afghan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending