The Student Room Group

Police take DNA of girl tourists believe could be missing Madeline McCann

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sh probs doesnt remembre her biological parents anyway so it wouldn't be best for madelaine to return to the mccans if she were alive

i reckon shes been dead for at least 2 years
Lol so similar......................................

...nt rly
Q. Why did Mr and Mrs McCann cross the road?
A. That's where they abandoned the kids.

Hmm interesting read that one.

When you think about it, it's all very rascist giving special treatment to white middle class people with all this extended media coverage. What about the all the non-white poeple that get abducted? When are their familes in the limelight about what happened to their loved ones?
It would be good if that was her, I don't really think it will be her.
Her parents should have never left her and leaving the door unlocked :s-smilie:.
I feel for her parents though, lets hope thats her , but she might not even be alive anymore, must be so hard to lose a child :frown:.
If it is actually her I guess I will have to stop irrationally hating Kate McCann for not letting go... I guess losing a child like that must be hard though.
I do hope it is her - I think her parents were incredibly naive and stupid in their judgement when they left her and her younger siblings alone in an unlocked apartment that night, but no little girl deserves to be taken away from her parents, if that is what happened. Part of me believes that her parents killed her, but it would be wonderful news if they have found her and she can be reunited with her parents.

However, I also agree that Missing White Woman Syndrome is a major problem, and the prominence of some cases like Madeleine McCann and Jo Yeates, may lead to abductors and murderers seeing those who are not white, male or perhaps even not considered as "attractive" as the women more often reported in the news, as easier targets because there will be less interest in their cases.
(edited 12 years ago)
If she wasn't a cute white girl, no one would give a ****.
Original post by Liquid_Explosion
Hmm interesting read that one.

When you think about it, it's all very rascist giving special treatment to white middle class people with all this extended media coverage. What about the all the non-white poeple that get abducted? When are their familes in the limelight about what happened to their loved ones?
What about all the Africans starving? The world isn't fair.

EDIT: You might note that I didn't say that the world can never be fair (or fairer at least), I simply said that it isn't, which is patently true. Humans are prone to all kinds of biases (see: the halo effect, for example). Beauty, wealth and privilege evidently affect most people's perceptions of others, and I'd be lying if I said that I were immune. As Tolstoy said, "It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness"; cf. Keats, "Beauty is truth, truth beauty -- that is all / Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.". (Of course, there are Darwinistic reasons for this, and I'm sure that someone could mount a defence on those grounds of pragmatism.)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Seriously hope these reports about Madeline McCann are confirmed to be true

They won't be. She'll be buried in some weirdo's back yard. The police need to stop wasting time and resources on this, the only reason they're continuing the search is because the press has decided to go on a crusade about it - if there wasn't the media frenzy they'd have given up long ago.
Just because they look alike?
Well, whatever. Part of me really hopes it's her.

fun anecdote - my younger sister, also called Maddie, same age, pretty much exact same looks. More than once (when it was a big story) we got very weird looks in the street and in a cafe I shouted Maddie for her to come back, a woman turns round horrified, looks at my sister, gasps and runs out the shop.

seriously.
I hope it isn't her.

Ideally she'd be chilling in the Bahamas with her abductors while her parents continued to suffer for their stupidity.

Usually people don't get what they deserve, they get what they get, and this applies to Maddie because unfortunately she probably is dead.

However sometimes people get exactly what they deserve, and this applies to Gerry and Kate.

I was going to type "Maddies' parents" but I don't think they've earned the title.
(edited 12 years ago)
Double post, my bad.
Reply 53
Sorry to sound harsh and I know I'll probably get negged for this.

But in the end, this is beyond ridiculous; In my opinion they should have been arrested for child abandonment. When i was younger and my dad was working for his Law degree, my Mum gave up her job so she could watch me because she didn't trust anyone else enough (like babysitters) to do so properly.

I'm not sure how two, well-educated doctors, thought it would be a good idea to leave 3 young children alone, in a foreign country, at night time. It just seems like utter neglect to me.

I have every possible sympathy for the Mcann's, but people seem to forget about what that poor girl is going through day in, day out.

Yeah, Gerry/Kate do seem to be utter heart-broken all the time don't they? And as they should, for they have ruined that small girls life.

(that is, if she is still alive)
(edited 12 years ago)
: 'Kate and Gerry do not believe the child seen in India was Madeleine. They have seen photographic evidence and concluded that it was not her.
'We remain grateful for people's vigilance around the world. Madeleine is still out there and the search for her very much continues.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019698/Madeleine-McCann-spotted-north-Indian-market-tourist.html#ixzz1TQjRTaPM

and i agree alex read what i said in the other thread so irresponsible and stupid to say the least to leave kids in a foreign country how pathetic my mother would never

and they would know it isnt her wouldnt they
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019698/Madeleine-McCann-spotted-north-Indian-market-tourist.html

ITV are saying they have found child in India that "could" be Madeline. Family spokesman says waiting on DNA results

Seriously hope these reports about Madeline McCann are confirmed to be true

Seriously, I hope they stop looking for that girl and spend their money on someone whose parents aren't so annoying. yeah, they've got the connections to go to the pope and are friends with Tony Blair, how about the thousands of children missing from London's council estates??
Original post by tehFrance
I hate to agree with this but in a way I do, it has just been one big cover up because they left her alone and something happened when they came back and they then decided to say she had be kidnapped from them :redface:

I'm confused on this one. If they did have something to do with it surely they'd want to stay out of the public profile in case something comes up that proves they had something to do with it. If they were involved some how wouldn't they have just let the original hype die down instead of bringing a book out four years later?
Original post by NotSoCool.Fly
: 'Kate and Gerry do not believe the child seen in India was Madeleine. They have seen photographic evidence and concluded that it was not her.
'We remain grateful for people's vigilance around the world. Madeleine is still out there and the search for her very much continues.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019698/Madeleine-McCann-spotted-north-Indian-market-tourist.html#ixzz1TQjRTaPM

and i agree alex read what i said in the other thread so irresponsible and stupid to say the least to leave kids in a foreign country how pathetic my mother would never

and they would know it isnt her wouldnt they

Im with you, who would leave their kids that age alone in a room while going out to dinner?? F**ing ****
You'll never find Madeline because the parents did it. You heard it here. Dizzee, bringing you the news a few years after it happened.
Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie
I'm confused on this one. If they did have something to do with it surely they'd want to stay out of the public profile in case something comes up that proves they had something to do with it. If they were involved some how wouldn't they have just let the original hype die down instead of bringing a book out four years later?

They're not in the clear (and never will be) but they're safe enough that unless one of them admits fault they won't get caught. They're just need to keep looking innocent, the book is basically a PR stunt.

Either that, or maybe they're just not that bright/massive attention whores.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending