The Student Room Group

Police take DNA of girl tourists believe could be missing Madeline McCann

Scroll to see replies

Original post by History-Student
They're not in the clear (and never will be) but they're safe enough that unless one of them admits fault they won't get caught. They're just need to keep looking innocent, the book is basically a PR stunt.

Either that, or maybe they're just not that bright/massive attention whores.

But I'd almost forgotten about the whole issue until the book came out. As in, it wouldn't come up in day to day conversation and obviously if someone brought it up I'd remember it and comment, etc, but since the book came out (which I haven't bought) it brought it back to my attention.

Why would they bring it back into the public attention if they had something to do with it? Surely they'd just want to get out of the limelight? And that goes for the initial buzz about it all too. If they did something, why on earth would they go and see the pope, etc. It doesn't add up.

Obviously I'm not ruling it out; I don't know what happened but one only hopes people aren't sick enough to do something dreadful to their own children...
Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie
But I'd almost forgotten about the whole issue until the book came out. As in, it wouldn't come up in day to day conversation and obviously if someone brought it up I'd remember it and comment, etc, but since the book came out (which I haven't bought) it brought it back to my attention.

Why would they bring it back into the public attention if they had something to do with it? Surely they'd just want to get out of the limelight? And that goes for the initial buzz about it all too. If they did something, why on earth would they go and see the pope, etc. It doesn't add up.

Obviously I'm not ruling it out; I don't know what happened but one only hopes people aren't sick enough to do something dreadful to their own children...

Just because you don't think about it, doesn't mean no-one does. There are a lot of suspicious people who they need to contend with.

And I don't believe they did something dreadful. I reckon it was an accident that they tried to cover up & it all just got out of control.
Original post by History-Student
Just because you don't think about it, doesn't mean no-one does. There are a lot of suspicious people who they need to contend with.

And I don't believe they did something dreadful. I reckon it was an accident that they tried to cover up & it all just got out of control.

Hmmm... at the time I think I remember hearing something about an overdose of sleeping medication or something...

Who knows?

I don't want to accuse anyone but at the same time I have my suspicions...
Reply 63
Original post by logic123
i believe the parents had something to do with it..

What are your reasons for believing this?
Are people still going on about this? Thousands of people (kids, young teens, older teens, the lot) are kidnapped every year and no-one gives a damn. As soon as it happens to a British kid, there's a ****storm :sigh:
oh right yeah so now she knows weve found out they were hazy - the other two kids - she's come up with ''oh they drugged them'' BULL****. THE TRUTH IS U DRUGGED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she has to be somewhere though cos she EXISTED. so dead. or alive. we MUST FIND HER. await the news in the future. grr. how wouldve they had time to hide the body? we should all go and search the are, lol. UNLESS they did it the NIGHT BEFORE. me thinks that is so. :=]
I have little respect for the McCanns for leaving her alone, but I do understand them wanting to keep her in the public eye, hence the title 'media whores', which I think is unfounded.

I think that losing their little girl is much too harsh a punishment for simple negligence, which, ninety nine times out of a hundred will not end in abduction, and it is not Maddie's fault that she was left, the 'parents' have to live every day knowing that they ruined/effectively ended a little girl's life.

I wish her all the best, and pray for her safe return.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending