The Student Room Group

deloitte psychometric testing...

Scroll to see replies

SHL tests are horrible, I did the numerical reasoning one yesterday for Deloitte.. it's been 29 hours now nearly, how long does it normally take for them to get back to you if you're successful? I am almost certain that after I finished the test, I read something mentioning 24 hours.. my hopes aren't high anymore :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by cantstop-x
SHL tests are horrible, I did the numerical reasoning one yesterday for Deloitte.. it's been 29 hours now nearly, how long does it normally take for them to get back to you if you're successful? I am almost certain that after I finished the test, I read something mentioning 24 hours.. my hopes aren't high anymore :frown:

You are assuming they work weekends! I sat verbal test on Friday and have heard nothing so you are not alone...
Original post by bt_1000
You are assuming they work weekends! I sat verbal test on Friday and have heard nothing so you are not alone...

That's true, I assumed the online tests were judged entirely by computers and wouldn't need human interaction, so hopefully will hear back tomorrow or Tuesday then!
Did some e-financial careers tests today. I think my answers are improving but time-management is pretty poor still. Gradually getting more correct of those I attempt. I'm hoping this is kind of common. :dunce:

Are the SHL questions known to be the most like the actual one?
JoleonLescott
-

I've only ever done the SHL questions as they're what's linked on the deloitte website, and they are quite similar in style but I can't compare them to anything else!
Reply 45
I didn't pass my tests -_-
Reply 46
I just done my numerical for Deloitte, hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow so I don't have to wait all weekend :smile:

Sorry to hear that Meha!
Original post by Bgreen91
I just done my numerical for Deloitte, hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow so I don't have to wait all weekend :smile:

Sorry to hear that Meha!

They will let you know tomorrow for sure.
Reply 48
Original post by original_username
They will let you know tomorrow for sure.

Thank you for verifying :smile: If i remember i'll let you know how I done! Thanks again :smile:
if anyone needs any help on numerical tests, or any questions just message me. I think im pretty good at them so should be able to help.
Reply 50
Did the test last night and heard nothing today. Guess i'll have to wait till monday?
Original post by stanmoor
Did the test last night and heard nothing today. Guess i'll have to wait till monday?

Tuesday because of bank holiday Monday I'd guess.
Reply 52

Same here man, guess it's Tuesday like the above poster said!
Reply 53
Original post by prash_s90
if anyone needs any help on numerical tests, or any questions just message me. I think im pretty good at them so should be able to help.

what uni do you go to Prash?
Reply 54
Original post by Bgreen91
Same here man, guess it's Tuesday like the above poster said!

Got the email this morn to say I passed. How about you mate? Just done the verbal - fingers crossed!!
Reply 55
Got the email this morn to say I passed. How about you mate? Just done the verbal - fingers crossed!!

Make sure you check the actual site as well as your email, I didn't get an email telling me that I had passed the numerical and had to do the verbal, luckily I logged on and saw I had been invited to do it!
Reply 56

Hey man, well done :smile: I have also passed the Numerical and i also did the Verbal this evening. Let me know how you do on the verbal!

All the best
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JoleonLescott
Did some e-financial careers tests today. I think my answers are improving but time-management is pretty poor still. Gradually getting more correct of those I attempt. I'm hoping this is kind of common. :dunce:

Are the SHL questions known to be the most like the actual one?

I found the e-financial careers ones easier than the SHL ones tbh with you. Did anyone else find this?

Also, does anyone know a good place to brush up on the currency questions and inflation questions? i find these the hardest personally but havent really done enough of them.
Reply 58
Original post by silkybhoy67
I found the e-financial careers ones easier than the SHL ones tbh with you. Did anyone else find this?

Also, does anyone know a good place to brush up on the currency questions and inflation questions? i find these the hardest personally but havent really done enough of them.

You could ask here? I usually find the currency questions fairly easy, not sure what you mean about the inflation ones!
Original post by silkybhoy67

For currency, one really useful thing to remember is:

Say it gives you data saying 1 units of currency A is worth 1.64 of currency B. If you have 60 units of currency B how much currency A can you get?

All you do is A=164/100B so B=100/164A. 60B is worth 36.59A

And it doesn't really get much harder than that except when you have to go between multiple currencies.

On a different topic when people run out of time but have a few question left do you just go through and guess the rest of the answers? I just did it in a numerical and it was from choices of 8 or 10 options so I doubt I guessed any right. Was there any point... I dont think they negative mark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending