The Student Room Group

Does this sound like dyspraxia?

Scroll to see replies

Katy if you're ever unsure make sure you get in touch with the Uni's welfare/support team.
Original post by Katy100
Hey,

I have severe OCD but feel as though something else is wrong with me, I was wondering if my issues (below) sound like dyspraxia? or are they just anxiety related?:

1. I have difficulty organizing myself e.g. planning what to do and timing it efficiently

2. I am unable to put together children's puzzles (e.g. big 5 piece puzzles) and always lose my place when reading (again even children's books and even when the child I'm reading to knows where I had got to!)

3. I have difficulty memorizing

4. I am more clumsy than most- frequently spill things on
myself!

6. Tendency to say things loudly without realising it's loud!

8. I find instructions difficult to follow

9. I am messy and chaotic!

10. I do lots of things at once and finish nothing!

Yep, this definitely sounds like me, and I was diagnosed when I was around 5 years old. Go see your doctor and ask for an assessment :smile: Good luck
(edited 12 years ago)
This web site has a few quizzes to help you determine if you have dyspraxia... Dyspraxia UK
I'd say get an appointment, but don't self-diagnose or assuming you have it. It's not something you want!

I'm not an expert but the things you've said do look like they could happen to anyone really - I 'suffer' from half of them :p:

Quick Reply

Latest