Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite Female Singer

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not into the style she does really, but her voice is amazing... <3 Donna Summers <3
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Adele
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagacious)
    Hayley Williams (Paramore)
    Amy Lee (Evanescence)
    Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)
    Hayley Williams and Sharon Den Adel in the same post annoys me. WT are (rather were) awesome.

If you like WT and Evanescence try the gathering, start at Mandylion album. The band that were so good they made every other Female fronted rock band sound like crap to me. (her singing on Mandylion and Nighttime birds is good, but she got to her best at How to measure a planet?)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ellie Goulding,
    Nicole Scherzinger.
    Adele.
    Avril Lavigne.
    Birdy.
    Evanescence.
    Katy Perry.
    Taylor Swift.

I'd say my iTunes was 50:50, though before I broke up with my ex I listened to only deathcore and the like so literally had no female singers... For some reason I can't listen to it any more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Emilie Autumn has an amazing voice, although her music isn't to everyone's taste.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Puppet Master)
    Ellie Goulding,
    Nicole Scherzinger.
    Adele.
    Avril Lavigne.
    Birdy.
    Evanescence.
    Katy Perry.
    Taylor Swift.

I'd say my iTunes was 50:50, though before I broke up with my ex I listened to only deathcore and the like so literally had no female singers... For some reason I can't listen to it any more.
    Evanescence isn't a person, it's a band. Amy Lee is the singer (she's one of my favourites).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Evanescence isn't a person, it's a band. Amy Lee is the singer (she's one of my favourites).
    I know but I've never heard her sing on her own and I don't like it when it's only the lead singer who gets recognised ...Like 'Paramore' with Haley Williams.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Puppet Master)
    I know but I've never heard her sing on her own and I don't like it when it's only the lead singer who gets recognised ...Like 'Paramore' with Haley Williams.
    Yeah, true. It's because people get attracted to girl singers very easily, which makes it easy (but wrong) to forget the rest of the band.

Heard of Skillet? Their drummer is a girl and she is more recognised than the male singer.

If you was to ask someone to name a member of Paramore, I bet almost everyone would say Hayley, not Jeremy or Taylor. All three of them are awsome!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eivør Pálsdóttir, a Faroese folk singer with an amazing voice and nice boobies.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, true. It's because people get attracted to girl singers very easily, which makes it easy (but wrong) to forget the rest of the band.

Heard of Skillet? Their drummer is a girl and she is more recognised than the male singer.

If you was to ask someone to name a member of Paramore, I bet almost everyone would say Hayley, not Jeremy or Taylor. All three of them are awsome!
    Yeah my brother's obsessed with Skillet for that reason :rolleyes: It's annoying! I mean sure, a female drummer - great. But I'm pretty sure the rest of the band members are great too It's not just females though - dare I mention 'Fall Out Boy' - ugh. I only know Pete Wentz and I don't even listen to them! Or when people mention Bring me the horizon and immediately somebody will ask "Is that Oli Sykes' band?" :rolleyes:

I think I get annoyed too easily.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Julia Stone

Ellie Goulding (prefer her on her own like this, rather than all Starsmith-y)

Ingrid Michaelson

Jose Vanders

:love:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My favourite female singer has to be Ella Fitzgerald followed by Sarah Vaughan. Both so brilliant.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aaliyah
    Alicia Keys
    Amy Winehouse
    Demi Lovato
    Etta James
    Ellie Goulding
    Evanescence
    Florence + The Machine
    Kate Nash
    Kina Grannis
    Lauryn Hill
    Mary J. Blige
    Nancy Sinatra - "Bang Bang"
    P!nk
    Paramore
    Regina Spektor
    Sara Bareilles
    Sia
    TLC
    Whitney Houston

I know OP asked for a 'singer' and not a band but it's just easier naming the band!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hayley Williams (from Paramore)

She's PERFECT live. :sexface:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim657)
    Hayley Williams... ♥
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a62EQaxWHI
    HELL YEAH :awesome:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lana Del Rey. She's a beaut.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 27, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.