The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Private accommodation (private halls)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Shaf04
Hey! Well, I guess when I saw the bronze I thought they'd be comfortable for me, as in one person, but if you look at the Silver, that has a bit more space. Even with the bronze you shouldn't be like too suffocated, but you'l definitely need to use the common room and stuff a lot as the bronze is designed for one person and the occasional guest I suppose! Also, it might be better to ask Asha, the lady who does the bookings about space issues, she can usually work things out, she helped me make my mind up as well!
But really iif you guys aren't that fussed, its bigger than any dorm room I've ever lived in, and couples shared those too, so I'm sure you guys will be reet! What uni are you in?? :smile:

Hey! Ugh, so man decisions to make! Is the bronze room fitted with a proper kitchenette? Oven, stove, etc?
I'm at LSE. How about you?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by Natalie29
Hey! Ugh, so man decisions to make! Is the bronze room fitted with a proper kitchenette? Oven, stove, etc?
I'm at LSE. How about you?

I know, it took me ages to go and see all the different places and decide! Yes the Bronze is fitted with everything, its all brand new and looks really good! Are you in the UK? Im going to King's!
Reply 22
Hey well me and my gf looked at the bronze and although its small it could work for a couple we opted for the next one up though :-)
Reply 23
I knows! Its higher than i thought. I dont really know of anyone else moving in yet either! Lol will have to just wait and see :-)
Reply 24
Original post by jakajak1
Hey well me and my gf looked at the bronze and although its small it could work for a couple we opted for the next one up though :-)

Awesome, thank you! I think we have to go for the bronze because of our budget, but hopefully the common rooms will help to make the studio not so claustrophobic! Are the common areas nice? :smile:
I'm just about to book a bronze studio, however can anyone whos signed the tenancy agreement tell me what it says about canceling your agreement and moving out. Is it allowed?
Reply 26
Original post by samir1106
I'm just about to book a bronze studio, however can anyone whos signed the tenancy agreement tell me what it says about canceling your agreement and moving out. Is it allowed?

Hey! No you can't do that, you can transfer you tenancy to someone else, and get a refund later after you've found a new tenant, but that is your own responsibility, once you pay the deposit you can't change your mind. If you're looking for a shorter tenancy, they do 16/25 weeks aswell, instead of 41. Hope this helps!
Reply 27
Hey guys -- about Dashwood Studios... I was looking at the "sample tenant agreement" -- so it looks like the full 42 or 50 weeks must be paid in 3 large-chunk installments. Is this how it's done? Is there any flexibility in the payment plan?
Reply 28
Original post by ntkris
I'm in the same position. Doing an MSc in Economics.

I think I would like an apartment in the 100-160 range. Basically the cheapest option and a decent apartment close to the school in Zone 1 or 2. Send me a message if your interested.

Hi. I am in the situation with the declined accommodation application. I am just starting to look for alternative housing options. My top priorities are proximity to campus and low price. I am very interested in discussing with you in case you are looking to group for private housing. Let me know if you are interested.
Reply 29
Tenancy:
We phoned up dashwood and they were quite flexible with the payments, allowing us to wait a couple of days for our student loan's to go in before having to make the first big payment.
Iv not seen the common rooms yet, hoping they are nice!
:-)
Reply 30
hey, i am moving into dashwood studios with my boyfriend :smile: was hoping to meet some people moving there too!
Reply 31
Original post by jadelmoore
hey, i am moving into dashwood studios with my boyfriend :smile: was hoping to meet some people moving there too!

Hey, I'm Dashwood as well, 2nd floor, going to King's college, you guys? :smile:
Reply 32
We are on the second floor to (front facing), I'm going to Roehampton and he is going to Westminster :smile:
do you have facebook?
Reply 33
Original post by jadelmoore
We are on the second floor to (front facing), I'm going to Roehampton and he is going to Westminster :smile:
do you have facebook?

Yes, I do! Whats your name on there? :smile:
Reply 34
Is anyone on here in the Silver or Gold room? I'll more than likely be signing up with Dashwood tomorrow, but would like to figure out if there's some clear clut differences between the two since they're off by £10.
Reply 35
Original post by David22
Is anyone on here in the Silver or Gold room? I'll more than likely be signing up with Dashwood tomorrow, but would like to figure out if there's some clear clut differences between the two since they're off by £10.

I've seen them and its just a bit more space really!
Reply 36
Original post by Shaf04
I've seen them and its just a bit more space really!

Hey Shaf, yea that's what it seemed like from the floorplans. Real quick, can you tell me about the environment, area, nightlife etc? And the bus that was mentioned before, does that take you directly to the Elephant & Castle tube?
Reply 37
Original post by David22
Hey Shaf, yea that's what it seemed like from the floorplans. Real quick, can you tell me about the environment, area, nightlife etc? And the bus that was mentioned before, does that take you directly to the Elephant & Castle tube?

Hey, they halls are new and the area is okay, night life, well ministry of sound and waterloo are near by and there is so much to do, you don't really need a bus to the tube, its like 3 mins away, but yeah sure the bus stop is right outside the door so there should be! Hope this helps!
Reply 38
Original post by Shaf04
Hey, they halls are new and the area is okay, night life, well ministry of sound and waterloo are near by and there is so much to do, you don't really need a bus to the tube, its like 3 mins away, but yeah sure the bus stop is right outside the door so there should be! Hope this helps!

Nuff said, thanks!
Reply 39
hey guys im staying at dashwood this year im on tha 6th floor my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/greg.adebesin

it will be cool to meet some people who are also staying there add me if any u guyson fb....peace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending