The Student Room Group

Mature Students Applying for University 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
What are you studying? HNC Media
What universities do you plan to apply for? Roehamption (conditional offer), Southbank (conditional offer), Kingstion (Conditional Offer), Middlesex (still waiting) and Westminster (still waiting)
What do you want to do at university? Ba (Hons) Film/Filmmaking
What is your favorite snack? Chocolate :biggrin:
Reply 981
Offer from Birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 982
Unconditional offer from UCL to read Law :smile:

If any Birkbeck students on the Legal method course are reading this....make sure you do really well in the course and achieve as close to 80% as possible. I got rejection after rejection last year but have ended up with a UCL offer today.
Reply 983
Hi i am 28 and i applied to LSE,Leeds,York,Sheffield and Warwick for Law and got 2 rejections from LSE and Leeds.I have an unconditional from University of Sheffield and i went for an interview at The University of York.I am still waiting for Warwick.I think i will firm Sheffield but i liked York when i went there.The course is relatively new and it seems quite revolutionary.I will be visiting Sheffield on the 28th so i will be certain then of what i will do.
Reply 984
Original post by tkane

If any Birkbeck students on the Legal method course are reading this....make sure you do really well in the course and achieve as close to 80% as possible. I got rejection after rejection last year but have ended up with a UCL offer today.

Congrats on your offer.Wish you all the best
:smile:
hi I'm 30 wanting to study history I have offers for University of Manchester, University of York, University of Glasgow and still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh which is annoying as its Edinburgh that I really want to go to
Out of 5 uni's applied to, only got 1 offer and that's from Northampton. Anyone else going?
Got an unconditional offer from Birkbeck to do Bsc in Psychology part time, going to be tough what with work and all that but can't wait. Now the hardest part.....trying to convince work to pay for it
Reply 988
Just received my offer from Salford doing Child Nursing Degree starting March 19th 2012. I am a mature student again at 29 and living on campus and i am really glad i waited to do this course. Malteasers :smile:))xxx
Reply 989
What are you studying? Psychology and Criminology!
What universities do you plan to apply for? Have all my offers, and firmed LJMU back in January! woo!
What do you want to do at university? BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology!
What is your favorite snack? Snack a Jacks, the green kind! YUM!
Original post by Shomberlon
hi I'm 30 wanting to study history I have offers for University of Manchester, University of York, University of Glasgow and still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh which is annoying as its Edinburgh that I really want to go to

Also waiting to hear from Edinburgh. I've had emails from them asking about my fee status, don't know if this standard (?). Whatever it means, it's like dangling a big carrot in front of my face, so if I'm rejected I won't be a happy rabbit.
Original post by Vertigo2012
Also waiting to hear from Edinburgh. I've had emails from them asking about my fee status, don't know if this standard (?). Whatever it means, it's like dangling a big carrot in front of my face, so if I'm rejected I won't be a happy rabbit.

I had the same, the waited ages so sent them an email to see if I could find out when I would have a response and this is what I got back today

Thank you for your email. The majority of decisions for this programme have been sent out already, and we endeavour to have sent the remaining decisions within the next week.

However, a small minority of applicants will not hear from us by this time, which may include you. This is because those particular applicants are of a similarly high standard to those who are currently receiving offers, but are not quite of the same standard (either academically, or in terms of the strength of their application). As such, we are not currently making this group of students an offer, but are waiting to confirm whether we will have available places to make them offers at a later time, hopefully by the end of April. We will email all students within this group as soon as possible to confirm if this is the case.

We are working hard to ensure that all decisions are sent out as quickly as possible, and please do keep checking your UCAS Track for any changes.

Kind Regards,
Reply 992
I got into all my choices!
Im so so grateful for Access, I never thought I had a chance to study.

Now comes the difficult time of choosing, Im not sure whether to move away from London or not.
I'm angry at myself, to get into Glasgow Uni (the one I want) I had to get an A in my graded unit, between a number of things going on (my son is ill) I ony got a B. For second year entry I need an A. I got an A last year (HNC) but I doubt it will count. *sigh*

Onwards and upwards I guess.
Original post by tkane

Excellent! I'll see you there, I got my unconditional last month based on Birkbeck Legal Method too.
Original post by lyeos
Does anyone know if there any grants available for mature students? I will be funding my education and I will have to rely on my savings alone..

All the usual grants and loans are available. Have you looked at the Student Finance site?
Is anyone still waiting to hear from bristol?
Original post by RinniieX
What are you studying? Psychology and Criminology!
What universities do you plan to apply for? Have all my offers, and firmed LJMU back in January! woo!
What do you want to do at university? BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology!
What is your favorite snack? Snack a Jacks, the green kind! YUM!

I am sure u will enjoy studying such fascinating subjects like Psychology and Criminology RinniieX.I certainly did when i studied Psychology way back in 2000.Best for luck with it all,i am sure u will do exceptionary well ^_^
Reply 998
Hi all!
I'm a mature student at 27 and excited to be starting uni in September.

I've applied to:

BA Film Studies and BA English & Film Studies at Queen Mary
BA Film & Television at Uni of Arts, London: London College of Communication
and
BA Film Studies at Greenwich and LSBU

I've got unconditional for all but QMUL, haven't heard back from them yet, but I did get asked to do a written exercise for the English & Film course, which I submitted last Friday. QMUL is my top choice, so I'm waiting anxiously to hear back from them!
Original post by sarahoo
Hi all!
I'm a mature student at 27 and excited to be starting uni in September.

I've applied to:

BA Film Studies and BA English & Film Studies at Queen Mary
BA Film & Television at Uni of Arts, London: London College of Communication
and
BA Film Studies at Greenwich and LSBU

I've got unconditional for all but QMUL, haven't heard back from them yet, but I did get asked to do a written exercise for the English & Film course, which I submitted last Friday. QMUL is my top choice, so I'm waiting anxiously to hear back from them!

many congrats on all those offers sarahoo,well done and all the best in your degree.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending