Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One Piece thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where was it confirmed? Can you indicate the source, please? I would love to know more.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Where was it confirmed? Can you indicate the source, please? I would love to know more.
    Go to mangareader.net, it was confirmed that he has the Ope Ope fruit in the chapter that came out today
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, dgeorge. Devil fruit powers are most interesting in One piece in my opinion.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    New Chapter was good.

From the front cover it seems Hanaybal is now Chief Warden of Impel Down, I wonder what happened to Magellan and if he might return.

Law's devil fruit in this chapter was interesting since we got to see more of his devil fruit powers. Love how he can switch personalities into other bodies and how he can switch objects within his sphere circle.

Researched more of Law and found his nickname was the Surgeon of Death which is comparable to the Nazi Physician nicknamed the Angel of Death. He used to Kidnap children who were Jews (or so I heard) and experiment on different types of people similar to Law.
    Law in the past few chapters also reminded me of the creepy surgeon from the Human Centipede trying to send away authorities away from his house.

I don't know I used to thought Law was pretty cool but he is starting to turn into quite a creep lol

This is why I like Oda though, he bases most of his villains or characters off famous figures in real life, Ie: Enel being Eminem since one of Oda's favorite artists is Eminem.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:

Look at that at 0:46! Something is wrong. Aokiji falls into the seawater.
    Why he is still able to use his devil fruit power, although seawater neutralize the power of one?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Look at that at 0:46! Something is wrong. Aokiji falls into the seawater.
    Why he is still able to use his devil fruit power, although seawater neutralize the power of one?
    He can turn water into Ice, that is part of his power. It's not just seaweed, it's water in general that nulifys devil fruit powers. If aokiji is concentrated he can instantly turn any water source into Ice, including sea water which he did at marineford by turning it into Ice before he touched it.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for answer, ifstatement.

Can you tell me also how Blackbeard was able to steal the power of Whitebeard's devil fruit after he was died? I assume when an user of this power is dead, Blackbeard's darkness absorbed the ability, because a lifeless user couldn't keep the power. That sounds simple, but it's my assumption.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for answer, ifstatement.

Can you tell me also how Blackbeard was able to steal the power of Whitebeard's devil fruit after he was died? I assume when an user of this power is dead, Blackbeard's darkness absorbed the ability, because a lifeless user couldn't keep the power. That sounds simple, but it's my assumption.
    There is no clear answer as of yet but that is the most accurate theory. It's been said after the timeskip Blackbeard has been hunting other devil fruit users in the new world for more devil fruit powers. So it's assumed Blackbeard currently has more than his two devil fruits currently, though what devil fruits he has got in the new world over the past two years is currently unknown.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's also been confirmed One Piece fans that Ace's bounty before the war was 550 million beli! It was confirmed during a One Piece ten exhibition which is by Oda so it's legit. It's also been stated in a one piece podcast the Bounty is true also, here is also a picture from the exhibit. Though they hid the bounty of Big Mama and the blackbeard pirates and others, Ace's was the only character with an unknown bounty shown.

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifstatement)
    It's also been confirmed One Piece fans that Ace's bounty before the war was 550 million beli! It was confirmed during a One Piece ten exhibition which is by Oda so it's legit. It's also been stated in a one piece podcast the Bounty is true also, here is also a picture from the exhibit. Though they hid the bounty of Big Mama and the blackbeard pirates and others, Ace's was the only character with an unknown bounty shown.

DAYUM. 550 MILLION. That's quite a bit of bounty! Although I guess some of it would be due to the fact that he was Rogers son
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgeorge)
    DAYUM. 550 MILLION. That's quite a bit of bounty! Although I guess some of it would be due to the fact that he was Rogers son
    Also being 2nd division commander of Whitebeards crew and with a logia. I guess 550+ million is around the top tiers for the most wanted pirates. I guess Yonko's are around the 600+ million tier.

I remember reading somewhere in an SBS by Oda that if Enel was a pirate in the blue sea his bounty would be around the 500 million beli mark.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (...) So it's assumed Blackbeard currently has more than his two devil fruits currently, though what devil fruits he has got in the new world over the past two years is currently unknown.

More than two?! :eek: oh lord, he became a superior character in One Piece, if it's true.
    I hope, the other characters in One Piece have enough haki...

(...) That's quite a bit of bounty! Although I guess some of it would be due to the fact that he was Rogers son
    I disagree with you, because no one in the marine knew what was his true descent except Garp and Senghoku, before Senghoku has it revealed at the execution platform. Am I right?

Poor Ace. I miss you!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    More than two?! :eek: oh lord, he became a superior character in One Piece, if it's true.
    I hope, the other characters in One Piece have enough haki...

I disagree with you, because no one in the marine knew what was his true descendant except Garp and Senghoku, before Senghoku has it revealed at the execution platform. Am I right?

Poor Ace. I miss you!
    Wouldn't Sengoku have been able to influence the bounty?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't Sengoku have been able to influence the bounty?
    To be fair Kallisto does have a point, I don't think anybody really knew about Ace being the son of Roger. Sengoku is a very close friend with Garp which is most likely how Sengoku found out Ace was Rogers son.

There is no clear indicator of how the bounty assign works but it's been shown that marine "Brandnew" sets bounties for pirates and criminals, but I think it's highly unlikely he knew Ace was rogers son as a Lieutenant position. Rather assigning the bounty by power of threat rather then bloodline related to the former pirate king.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have asked myself, why Senghoku has told Ace's descent during the execution? If, the marine would have kwon who is Ace's father, he would have had not to reveal it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

picture of all the Shichibukai as kids, sketched by Oda.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... no, that can be true! Is it really sir crocodile in the middle of the picture? I can't believe it. Where is Trafalgar Law?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... no, that can be true! Is it really sir crocodile in the middle of the picture? I can't believe it. Where is Trafalgar Law?
    Yep that's crocodile and Oda did all the supernova's as children too.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a bad week, no new chapter nor episode!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a bad week, no new chapter nor episode!
    I agree with you! damn it, I'm very exciting! What will be happen next time? Law encounters Ruffy and vice versa. Do you think there is a fight again?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.