Oooh congratulations :smile:
I visited Manchester and it wasn't really for me although
there was a maccy d's and a starbucks in close proximity :P
Newcastle is such a good city!
Oooh was Manchester MMI? Because Leicester is and I was
just wondering how it is?
I've kinda forgotten what Leicester is like now because the open day
was so early :P

I know that Leicester really make you work interview wise, something about a written bit as well? And Manchester had a group activity, followed by 3 stations (with a lot of waiting in between all of this), 1 station was reflection on the group task, one was why you want to do medicine, and the third was "wider issues". Do Leicester go St Georges style and get you to tell a neighbour you've run over their cat?
Original post by Jamal B
I know that Leicester really make you work interview wise, something about a written bit as well? And Manchester had a group activity, followed by 3 stations (with a lot of waiting in between all of this), 1 station was reflection on the group task, one was why you want to do medicine, and the third was "wider issues". Do Leicester go St Georges style and get you to tell a neighbour you've run over their cat?

Yeah I'm scared :s-smilie: I've been told just to prepare for it like a normal interview and hope for the best :P I've been lucky to get one offer so I'm not expecting anything :smile:
Well there's like six stations testing things like commitment, verbal communication, motivation to read medicine, written communication (which I'm kinda guessing is a essay or something) and then problem solving (sounds scary!)
They did say something about a simulated patient on the open day too which I'm guessing is kinda like the run over cat thing although I hadn't heard about that!
Scary stuff!
Well you obviously did really well :smile: well done :smile:
How was the group task? x
Reply 1802
Original post by Annalouxxxx
Yeah I'm scared :s-smilie: I've been told just to prepare for it like a normal interview and hope for the best :P I've been lucky to get one offer so I'm not expecting anything :smile:
Well there's like six stations testing things like commitment, verbal communication, motivation to read medicine, written communication (which I'm kinda guessing is a essay or something) and then problem solving (sounds scary!)
They did say something about a simulated patient on the open day too which I'm guessing is kinda like the run over cat thing although I hadn't heard about that!
Scary stuff!
Well you obviously did really well :smile: well done :smile:
How was the group task? x

Thanks, the fact we both have offers means that we aren't doing too badly :L In the group task, we were given a scenario that was discussed (I'm being vague cos I don't know how much I can say really)
I think with something like the Leicester interview, you've just got to relax and go with the flow, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: It would be cool if they did something like Crystal Maze for the problem solving bit...
Original post by Jamal B
Thanks, the fact we both have offers means that we aren't doing too badly :L In the group task, we were given a scenario that was discussed (I'm being vague cos I don't know how much I can say really)
I think with something like the Leicester interview, you've just got to relax and go with the flow, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: It would be cool if they did something like Crystal Maze for the problem solving bit...

Yeah I don't want to get you in trouble :smile:
I honestly feel so honoured to have got an offer I really do!
I hope so! They seemed friendly on the open day
That would be fun!
I'm dreading some sort of horrible abstract reasoning type thing! :s-smilie:
I hated the UKCAT :s-smilie:
Reply 1804
Yeah I don't want to get you in trouble :smile:
I honestly feel so honoured to have got an offer I really do!
I hope so! They seemed friendly on the open day
That would be fun!
I'm dreading some sort of horrible abstract reasoning type thing! :s-smilie:
I hated the UKCAT :s-smilie:

You can't have done that badly if Newcastle gave you an interview. I've just got this image in my head of about 5 or 6 sixth formers all in suits running around the medieval zone of the crystal maze, being led by Richard O'Brien :rolleyes: So glad Challenge brought this into my life...
Original post by Jamal B
You can't have done that badly if Newcastle gave you an interview. I've just got this image in my head of about 5 or 6 sixth formers all in suits running around the medieval zone of the crystal maze, being led by Richard O'Brien :rolleyes: So glad Challenge brought this into my life...

Well no I did well in the end it was more the run up to it and the general stress :P
Haha that is so funny! I really hope that happens!
I actually had this dream that they asked me what I wanted to get involved in at the uni and I said cheerleading (I don't know why) and then they made me do a spontaneous routine in my suit outfit :P
Really hope that doesn't happen!
Reply 1806
Well no I did well in the end it was more the run up to it and the general stress :P
Haha that is so funny! I really hope that happens!
I actually had this dream that they asked me what I wanted to get involved in at the uni and I said cheerleading (I don't know why) and then they made me do a spontaneous routine in my suit outfit :P
Really hope that doesn't happen!

Could be interesting... you could be asked at one station to cheerlead bad news to a patient?
From the looks of recent posts on this thread, methinks something may be cooking between Annalouxxxx and Jamal B!
Reply 1808
Original post by Steerforth
From the looks of recent posts on this thread, methinks something may be cooking between Annalouxxxx and Jamal B!

I'm a friendly person, what more can I say? :biggrin:
Original post by Steerforth

Yes 'We met on a tsr thread' romantic :P
Nahh I'm just being friendly :smile:
Have you applied to Newcastle? x
Original post by Jamal B
Could be interesting... you could be asked at one station to cheerlead bad news to a patient?

I really hope not :P
I will work that into my prep just in case :P
Reply 1811
At last, got an unconditional offer! So happy =)
Reply 1812
Original post by Sarete
At last, got an unconditional offer! So happy =)

CONGRATS :wink: im guessing you're international since it's 3am over in the uk? tell me if im wrong:tongue: oh and join the facebook offers group!!
Reply 1813
Original post by yanb0706
CONGRATS :wink: im guessing you're international since it's 3am over in the uk? tell me if im wrong:tongue: oh and join the facebook offers group!!

Yes, I'm an international =) r u also?
They sent me the offer yesterday at their 5pm, but i only checked my email this morning
I did, already sent out my request to join the fb group =)
Reply 1814
Original post by Sarete
Yes, I'm an international =) r u also?
They sent me the offer yesterday at their 5pm, but i only checked my email this morning
I did, already sent out my request to join the fb group =)

yay i was rightXDDD yep im an international too! I'm from New Zealand, originally from Taiwan =) you?
What does everyone who has a conditional need for 3 As?

I need 70% in my bio exams unit 4 and 5 (messed up unit 4 in jan)

40% chemistry unit 5

40% maths C4 and S2

Just wanted to know :smile:
Yes 'We met on a tsr thread' romantic :P
Nahh I'm just being friendly :smile:
Have you applied to Newcastle? x

I have applied and got an offer from Newc. Definitely first choice. Applied for accommodation; Marris, Windsor Terrace, Richardson.

I got an interview at Leicester last year, but the format has changed so I can't really help at all! Hope it goes well though!
Rejection from Newcastle, oh well, still got one uni I haven't heard from yet
Reply 1818
Original post by yanb0706
yay i was rightXDDD yep im an international too! I'm from New Zealand, originally from Taiwan =) you?

I'm from Hong Kong, nice to know that there's another asian fd in class next year ! =)
Original post by MSheekey
Rejection from Newcastle, oh well, still got one uni I haven't heard from yet

Sorry to hear that. My daughter got a rejection today too. Good luck with your last uni, she is still waiting for one as well 🍀
(And try not to take today's news too personally, things have a funny way of working themselves out for the best anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending