The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Hope you have more luck that I did!! :smile:

If you hear anything, would you mind posting on here and/or the facebook group? (If you're on it)
Original post by Jamal B
If you hear anything, would you mind posting on here and/or the facebook group? (If you're on it)

Of course :biggrin:
Reply 1842
Original post by Sarete
I'm from Hong Kong, nice to know that there's another asian fd in class next year ! =)

cooool Sarete I'm from HK too!!
hiii guys!! it's the first time I visit this forum! btw I got conditional offer:smile: hope to see you all soon (if i can make it:P)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1843
Original post by Winniehk
hiii guys!! it's the first time I visit this forum! btw I got conditional offer:smile: hope to see you all soon (if i can make it:P)

Good luck, when will u know your results?
Sorry, hate to bug y'all :colondollar:

But the applicant profile thread seems to be real quiet this year :\ - as a very very hopeful prospective med applicant, (current year 12!) and would love to put Newcastle down as my 'dream' choice, could some of you, that have had all of your offers please share? It means a lot to us prospectives, litterally holding onto every last word offer-holders give, as we try and learn from your experiences. Thanks in advance,

:smile:
Reply 1845
Original post by Winniehk

hey! congrats on the offer =) join the fb offers group!! are you doing A-Levels?
Original post by ameelia22
Sorry, hate to bug y'all :colondollar:

But the applicant profile thread seems to be real quiet this year :\ - as a very very hopeful prospective med applicant, (current year 12!) and would love to put Newcastle down as my 'dream' choice, could some of you, that have had all of your offers please share? It means a lot to us prospectives, litterally holding onto every last word offer-holders give, as we try and learn from your experiences. Thanks in advance,

:smile:

People aren't supposed to post there until they've received decisions from everywhere. It'll fill up once June/July come around for sure, but for now look at the Medicine Applicant Stalking Thread to get an idea of what UKCAT scores and other things people are getting offers with.
Reply 1847
Just got a rejection. Bit miffed; thought my interview was not bad.

Do I need to wait for them to send me official documentation before I write for feedback or can I do it now?
Reply 1848
Just got a rejection too. It was my first interview and I didn't think it went particularly well. What can I do about feedback?
Reply 1849
Original post by Caolan
Just got a rejection too. It was my first interview and I didn't think it went particularly well. What can I do about feedback?

You get a letter if you click on your choice in ucas. It says to contact the uni directly so I did. Might take a while though if they're still processing applications.
Reply 1850
Original post by Caolan

Original post by Vox0
You get a letter if you click on your choice in ucas. It says to contact the uni directly so I did. Might take a while though if they're still processing applications.

A friend of mine last year asked for feedback and they had asked him to write a letter to the admission office. They then sent him a letter back with the feedback. It's basically a scoring sheet with all the criteria that they were looking for in "merit", "satisfactory" or "unsatisfactory".
Reply 1851
Original post by Panda89
A friend of mine last year asked for feedback and they had asked him to write a letter to the admission office. They then sent him a letter back with the feedback. It's basically a scoring sheet with all the criteria that they were looking for in "merit", "satisfactory" or "unsatisfactory".

Yeah, they just told me to send a letter there, thanks.
Reply 1852
Woooo rejection. Bit surprised, thought the interview went well but i can see a trend in bad interviews = offers for all med schools :wink: but makes my choice a lot easier now! It was between newcastle and KCL :smile:
Good luck to everyone else!:smile:
Can un follow the thread now:wink:
anybody else still not heard? :redface:
Original post by laurie:)
anybody else still not heard? :redface:

Me :frown: Does anyone know if there are any more offers to come out? If I get rejected it will make my decision easier :biggrin:
Original post by platty1907
Me :frown: Does anyone know if there are any more offers to come out? If I get rejected it will make my decision easier :biggrin:

oooohhh we're both waiting for newcastle and st andrews :h: i keep telling myself that no news is better than a rejection, but theres only so long that will last :frown:
oooohhh we're both waiting for newcastle and st andrews :h: i keep telling myself that no news is better than a rejection, but theres only so long that will last :frown:

Yeah but at least we have offers. If Newcastle reject us, then screw 'em! :tongue:

Is St Andrews your favourite?
Yeah but at least we have offers. If Newcastle reject us, then screw 'em! :tongue:

Is St Andrews your favourite?

thats an awesome attitude to have :tongue: wish i had that - if i dont get in anywhere else im basically staying at home for the next year, which i dont wanna do tbh :redface:

and yup. but ive only seen it once so i cant say for sure :smile: ive seen newcastle a couple of times cause i have family near there and i laaved it :biggrin:

which is your favourite?
thats an awesome attitude to have :tongue: wish i had that - if i dont get in anywhere else im basically staying at home for the next year, which i dont wanna do tbh :redface:

and yup. but ive only seen it once so i cant say for sure :smile: ive seen newcastle a couple of times cause i have family near there and i laaved it :biggrin:

which is your favourite?

Do you live in London? You could always go into halls anyway so you have the experience. I always said to my Dad if I went to Sheffield or even if Doncaster had a university I'd move out.

Well it was always St Andrews until I had my UEA interview, then I fell in love with it and loved the course and everything about it! :biggrin: Then I went to St Andrews and bam fell in love with that again. If I'm lucky enough to get an offer from St Andrews it's going to come down to some mega pros and cons list! :tongue:
Do you live in London? You could always go into halls anyway so you have the experience. I always said to my Dad if I went to Sheffield or even if Doncaster had a university I'd move out.

Well it was always St Andrews until I had my UEA interview, then I fell in love with it and loved the course and everything about it! :biggrin: Then I went to St Andrews and bam fell in love with that again. If I'm lucky enough to get an offer from St Andrews it's going to come down to some mega pros and cons list! :tongue:

yeah, and cause i live so close to kings i'd end up in the most expensive halls, the furthest away from the campus, if im lucky, as they dont give priority to londoners :tongue: so it makes no sense to move out :frown:

st andrews seems to have that affect on a lot of people :biggrin: but then again, i fell head over heels for newcastle as well, so maybe its just a med school kinda thing :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending