The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Nothing :frown:
But unconditional from Dundee woohoo!!!

WHY NEGATIVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Rejected, ah well. At least UCAS is over now :biggrin:
Rejection at 12:15 :frown: Good luck to all waiting, well done to all offer holders :smile:
Original post by crazychef
Rejected, ah well. At least UCAS is over now :biggrin:

Original post by Idonteven
Rejection at 12:15 :frown: Good luck to all waiting, well done to all offer holders :smile:

Sorry to hear about all the rejections that have been given out. I hope you guys had offers from somewhere else. I was rejected by my 4 last year so know what being rejected feels like. Gap years are a fantastic way to build up experience which will enable you to really go for medicine a second time around. Good luck!
Reply 1884
Does anyone know what the UKCAT cut-off score ended up being then??
Original post by Hughsie
Does anyone know what the UKCAT cut-off score ended up being then??

i think it was around 665 AFAIK :smile: much lower than i expected!
Reply 1886
Jeez, and earlier in the thread people were estimating early 700s! Lol
I didnt apply this year but it'll be my first choice next year for Medicine, cant miss out on its legendary night life. Apparently they are 3rd in Europe for best night life, and 7th in the world, according to their spokeswoman anyway!
Reply 1887
The UKCAT cut-off decreased?? :eek:
Reply 1888
Original post by Beska

I think it stayed on 667.5, i haven't seen anyone with lower, but I could be wrong
rejected :frown: have no idea why they made me wait so long, all it did was spark a little bit of useless hope :redface:
Reply 1890
Original post by laurie:)
rejected :frown: have no idea why they made me wait so long, all it did was spark a little bit of useless hope :redface:

Sorry to hear about that :frown:
Did they tell you why you were rejected?
Original post by Nick526
Sorry to hear about that :frown:
Did they tell you why you were rejected?

nope :redface: but i am very certain it was because i did horrendously awful in the interview, seriously, it was one of my worst interviews :tongue:

Awww no :frown:

When I read that I thought surely they have replied to me then!! ...but nope :frown:
Original post by platty1907
Awww no :frown:

When I read that I thought surely they have replied to me then!! ...but nope :frown:

no news is good news :redface:
no news is good news :redface:

It does seem though that they gave out some offers, then they've trickled out rejections since. I sense the trickle is still happening and I will be in it soon :tongue:
Reply 1895
Original post by Beska

It's 665, a decrease of 2.5.
Reply 1896
Original post by Panda89
It's 665, a decrease of 2.5.

That's interesting - isn't that bang on the 75th percentile score? Maybe that's how they set it?
Reply 1897
I was wondering if somebody with an offer could help me out?

I'm seeing a nurse tomorrow to discuss/get immunisations after the letter Newcastle sent, but i don't really understand what immunisations i need? :confused: I know the letter says to undertake a course of immunisation covering diptheria, polio etc, but it doesn't specifically say to be immunised against Hepatitis B, C and TB... do i need to be vaccinated for these?

Thank you to anyone with some advice! :biggrin:
Original post by mel608
I was wondering if somebody with an offer could help me out?

I'm seeing a nurse tomorrow to discuss/get immunisations after the letter Newcastle sent, but i don't really understand what immunisations i need? :confused: I know the letter says to undertake a course of immunisation covering diptheria, polio etc, but it doesn't specifically say to be immunised against Hepatitis B, C and TB... do i need to be vaccinated for these?

Thank you to anyone with some advice! :biggrin:

The impression I got was that we need to be immune to Hep B before starting the clinical bits of the course, but not necessarily before starting first year. I think we get tested on arrival, and get the jabs if not immune yet. If your GP is offering the vacc for free though, I'd get it now. Unfortunately for me, I forgot to book my last appointment (6 months after 2nd jab) so I think I'm going to have to start the whole course again :frown: Ooops

You need polio, diptheria, tetanus (most people get that young then have a booster aged 13-15 sometime), MMR, and chaicken pox before starting the course i think though. Those I think all just involve one jab
Reply 1899
Original post by SilverArch
The impression I got was that we need to be immune to Hep B before starting the clinical bits of the course, but not necessarily before starting first year. I think we get tested on arrival, and get the jabs if not immune yet. If your GP is offering the vacc for free though, I'd get it now. Unfortunately for me, I forgot to book my last appointment (6 months after 2nd jab) so I think I'm going to have to start the whole course again :frown: Ooops

You need polio, diptheria, tetanus (most people get that young then have a booster aged 13-15 sometime), MMR, and chaicken pox before starting the course i think though. Those I think all just involve one jab

Thank you so much! It turns out I've been vaccinated for everything except Hep B due to holidays abroad to places where i've needed them. The nurse terrified me when she mentioned a £60-£70 price tag for 3 Hep B injections, but she's managed to give them to me for free by giving a different kind of first injection which combines Hep A and Hep B, which is free :smile: And no sore arm so i'm very happy with that! Oh no I hope you don't have to pay for them again :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending