Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: UKCAT score average?
    <550
    0.56%
    550-600
    3.61%
    601-625
    3.89%
    626-650
    7.50%
    651-675
    13.33%
    676-700
    28.06%
    701-725
    18.06%
    726-750
    12.22%
    751-775
    6.39%
    >776
    6.39%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Nope, everybody hears the same time. They assign and notify students of accommodation allocations on a single day (in early-mid July). They assign people in order they applied, with unconditional firms getting highest priority. So you'll be assigned first, but you'll hear on the same day as other people - it's a complicated system but hopefully that explains it OK.
    Thank you for clearing things up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please can anyone help?

My son applied for medicine this year but got 4 rejections. He was rejected from Newcastle post interview . He really liked Newcastle so would like to apply there again for entry in 2013 (UKCAT permitting).

Is there anybody on the thread who is a second time applicant to Newcastle and has received an offer this time? I would really appreciate a response if you are. Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    has anybody that applied for feedback on their app received it yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does Newcastle run a offer holders open day? Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKCATmachine)
    Does Newcastle run a offer holders open day? Thanks
    They do.

You should have received all the info when you had your offer letter in the post.

I'm going to an open day this coming Wednesday for the graduate applicant offer holders. I think the 5 year applicant open days may be under way - pretty sure one was last week and there's another one that was either the week before or is on the 25th.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pick up the pieces)
    Please can anyone help?

My son applied for medicine this year but got 4 rejections. He was rejected from Newcastle post interview . He really liked Newcastle so would like to apply there again for entry in 2013 (UKCAT permitting).

Is there anybody on the thread who is a second time applicant to Newcastle and has received an offer this time? I would really appreciate a response if you are. Thanks
    I am a third time applicant an I got an offer this year, so tell him not to lose hope, it can be done!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkle1484)
    I am a third time applicant an I got an offer this year, so tell him not to lose hope, it can be done!
    Congratulations on your offer - you must be so happy!!!!

Thank you for responding to my request. Your story is fantastic and will give my son hope.

Good luck at med school. I'm sure your wait will only make the experience even more rewarding.

I notice that you are a graduate on your posts. Please can you advise how long it is since you've finished your degree as my son will be taking his 3rd gap year next year (didn't decide he wanted to do medicine until on his 1st gap year). Many thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pick up the pieces)
    I notice that you are a graduate on your posts. Please can you advise how long it is since you've finished your degree as my son will be taking his 3rd gap year next year (didn't decide he wanted to do medicine until on his 1st gap year). Many thanks.
    Thanks I finished my degree in 2010, and have been working as a HCA since then
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    FIRMING NEWCASTLE!!!!! yay yay :party:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metastasis)
    FIRMING NEWCASTLE!!!!! yay yay :party:
    Yay! Just a random question, in your sig you've put one AAA offer as your firm and another as your insurance... I didn't know you could do that, I thought your insurance had to be lower than your firm :confused:?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz876)
    Yay! Just a random question, in your sig you've put one AAA offer as your firm and another as your insurance... I didn't know you could do that, I thought your insurance had to be lower than your firm :confused:?
    Hey I think it is possible, to be honest I haven't firmed it yet because my parents want me to think about it first. But I read on the UCAS website that you can put even one with higher grades as your insurance and the lower one as your firm (like AAA for insurance and AAB for firm).

But anyway, Newcastle is still my first choice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metastasis)
    Hey I think it is possible, to be honest I haven't firmed it yet because my parents want me to think about it first. But I read on the UCAS website that you can put even one with higher grades as your insurance and the lower one as your firm (like AAA for insurance and AAB for firm).

But anyway, Newcastle is still my first choice
    ooh right that's weird, I always thought your insurance had to have lower grades, it seems to make sense that way haha!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as the thread has been kinda quiet as of late, and it's close to the time of people firming up, I thought I'd just leave this here again... https://www.facebook.com/groups/381347678544606/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the Newcastle summer term ends? I'd really like to visit the uni when there's life, but I missed the open days due to illness and consequently haven't really had a good look around!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when the exam periods for 1st year GEM students is? (a rough idea at least)

(I'm just being uber organised and pencilling in weekends to travel to see my bf in Birmingham over the next 12 months!)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo!! Accommodation offer! Castle Court 05A XD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWCATTY)
    Are you on the facebook group, someone on there is 06a
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWCATTY)
    Hey when did you apply for castle court and when did you hear back?
    Its just that ive applied at castle court too :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an email through? I haven't heard anything yet
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steerforth)
    Are you on the facebook group, someone on there is 06a
    yeah i am. we were trying to figure out how the system went and whether we'd be neighbours lol

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 11, 2013
New on TSR

Rice cooker in your uni halls?

Would you bring a rice cooker to uni?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.