The Student Room Group

I need help with writing my first CV

I want to apply for a few jobs, all of which say that ages 16+ are welcome, but I haven't got my GCSE results yet and so I feel like my CV will be very empty.
Is it okay to write your predicted/mock grades? Or should I just write a short explanation about not having my results yet?

Reply 1
I'm sure writing predicted grades will be fine, that's what I've always done :smile:
I've also seen people write 'results pending' on CVs but I think predicted grades is better as the employer would then have an idea on your abilities if necessary :smile: Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LuciiAnna
I'm sure writing predicted grades will be fine, that's what I've always done :smile:
I've also seen people write 'results pending' on CVs but I think predicted grades is better as the employer would then have an idea on your abilities if necessary :smile: Good luck! :smile:

Okay, thank you. :biggrin:
If you have predicted grades, use them. Say GCSE 2011, so they'll know you won't have results yet. Your CV will look fairly empty, so write them in a list format.

Have GCSE 2011 and Predicted Grade across the top in bold, then list each subject in a line with the predicted grade underneath..like a table without the lines. Try to avoid writing a paragraph about yourself at the top, this requires effort to read and puts people off. Try summarise any acheivements/skills that are relevant below education or work experience if you have any, rather than above.
Reply 4
Original post by chasingsummer
I want to apply for a few jobs, all of which say that ages 16+ are welcome, but I haven't got my GCSE results yet and so I feel like my CV will be very empty.
Is it okay to write your predicted/mock grades? Or should I just write a short explanation about not having my results yet?

start a new thread on the link, upload ur cv and cv experts on this thread will help review it. also its a private section, so only you and the cv helper can view it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=339

plus rep!:colondollar:

Predicted grades will be fine. Just put at the top that they are your predicted grades and you havent got your proper grades yet. Then once you get your grades you can put them on.
You can put other stuff on there like work experience, voluntary work, interests etc.
Reply 6
Original post by 2pasda
start a new thread on the link, upload ur cv and cv experts on this thread will help review it. also its a private section, so only you and the cv helper can view it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=339

plus rep!:colondollar:

Thanks, that is a really good idea. I will upload it when I'm done. :biggrin:
Reply 7
If it still looks empty start with your full name, address, phone numer, email etc. at the top, on under the other in a bold font. Then have a bit more space above it and then bold any subtitles and have perhaps 2 lines gap between each. I found mine looked a lot fuller after doing this.
Reply 8
Thanks, that is a really good idea. I will upload it when I'm done. :biggrin:

dw
I am 34 year old left school at the age 14 then had kids so i have not had no gcse and no experinice so i am hoping you can help me to do a cv as i am look :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hannahbella
I am 34 year old left school at the age 14 then had kids so i have not had no gcse and no experinice so i am hoping you can help me to do a cv as i am look :confused:

Open up a thread in the CV Help forum and someone will be along to help. Key will be knowing what you've been doing for the last few years and what sort of job you are looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending