Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Karma - Fake or Real?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think, karma is it fake or real.

my personal opinion, is if i got builled for example , i would want that person who bullied me to suffer sometime in their life. But just because i want it to happen doesnt mean it will. That person might go on to have a successful career, happily married and maybe have kids.
    I just think we use karma, to make ourselves feel like their is justice in the world. I wish it existed but i dont think it does.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I believe in karma. Everything we do has a effect on another and if that effect is detrimental to that individual then the universe will make us pay!

Edit; yes, the notion of karma also makes me feel better about all the people who get away with acting like a-holes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whattheheck)
    I believe in karma. Everything we do has a effect on another and if that effect is detrimental to that individual then the universe will make us pay!

Edit; yes, the notion of karma also makes me feel better about all the dickheads who get away with acting like a-holes.

How do you know it exsist though? Once again you want it to exist because all the people who did you wrong, you want them to feel the pain, dont mean they will just bcause you want them too.

Belive me I really want karma to exist too, but I know its fake now.

(BTW im not shouting at you just trying to debate)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Real - dont you watch My name is Earl?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't exist for you because you want them to suffer.Does not work this way.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe there is some unseen force of karma that rewards the good and punishes the bad but I believe that if one spent most of their life being a caring and generous person then in general the same would be returned unto them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    It doesn't exist for you because you want them to suffer.Does not work this way.
    well if i got bullied and certain people made my life hell, and made me feel so **** that i wanted to kill myself. I feel as if they should have to go through **** aswell, wasn't fair that i forced to feel like a complete pathetic unworthy of life loser.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fake. :sadnod:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Help others,be polite and all and you will see how it eventually turns out good.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomname1)
    How do you know it exsist though? Once again you want it to exist because all the people who did you wrong, you want them to feel the pain, dont mean they will just bcause you want them too.

Belive me I really want karma to exist too, but I know its fake now.

(BTW im not shouting at you just trying to debate)
    Don't worry, i am not easily offended.

Karma is not tangible. There is no hard evidence that is exists but it is my belief that in order for there to be a balance in the universe it is essential that our actions have consequences.

For example, a murderer receiving a jail sentence, in my eyes, that is karma paying him back.

On the other hand, there are opposing arguments. Therefore, it is a difficult one to call.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomname1)
    what do you guys think, karma is it fake or real.

my personal opinion, is if i got builled for example , i would want that person who bullied me to suffer sometime in their life. But just because i want it to happen doesnt mean it will. That person might go on to have a successful career, happily married and maybe have kids.
    I just think we use karma, to make ourselves feel like their is justice in the world. I wish it existed but i dont think it does.
    Perfect.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In reality its clearly bull****. It only exists in peoples minds to satisfy their ego!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not real, it's a made up concept to make people feel better about what has happened to them. The best thing you can do is move on. I agree with an earlier poster who said that if someone spends their life being good to others the same will be returned to them.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    Exactly. Tbh the way I see it, if you do bad things it will come back to haunt you (you get your comeuppance), if that makes sense.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fake. I've seen the worst possible things happen to the best people, and vice versa.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whattheheck)
    Edit; yes, the notion of karma also makes me feel better about all the dickheads who get away with acting like a-holes.
    If they get away with acting like a-holes then surely karma has failed you?
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its real. If someone does something bad to me and something bad later happens to them the two events are not related. It may be comforting to think they are related but they probably aren't
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    If they get away with acting like a-holes then surely karma has failed you?
    In the sense that it will eventually catch up with them at some point in their lifetime.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's no proof that Karma happens, unless someone does something
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends what different concept of Karma you have. Buddhism more often than not, see it as a link of cause and effect. If you behave badly, or ignorantly, and something as a result of that bad happens to you, as a RESPONSE or caused directly or indirectly, THAT is karma. It typically tends to be more of a Hindu idea that Karma is some universal law that if you do bad, your life will be made hard by some deity of sorts. (that said, hinduism is very varied, not all hindus believe that, some are close to the buddhist train of thought)

In the buddhist sense. I think karma has an essence of truth to it. But not in the sense of it's some eternal universal law.

Here's an example. A man, who is married, is cheating on his wife with a mistress. The mistress is unaware of his marriage. His wife finds out about his mistress, then trouble follows. Now, his mistress is told by his wife, that this man has a wife. And she leaves him. So, here's an example of doing something seen as bad/wrong/distatesful, and negative consequences resulting directly because of that.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 3, 2011
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.